Bachar Houli wants out, to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If I could speak your language I would respond....

Just saying that Houli has gone from a lost talent to a dud in 12 hours on the Dons board. Fickle bunch....

Are you a compulsive liar? Show me quotes from 1 poster that has stated this. You know it's not true but you continually lie.

Some people think he is a good player (like myself) and others think he is a complelete dud. I have not seen one person change their mind just on the basis of him leaving.Once again, prove it or admit you are a liar.

And we all know that your "Skipworth" comment and other like it, are nothing more than trolls. Keep that junk to the main board.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=103405

Houli was open to being talked out of it.... but Hird didn't manage to do it. Not trolling, just facts.

Bachar will earn almost as much as the average AFL player's annual remuneration. Hardly a money call.

"Hirdy's going to reassess the playing list in the next couple of days. I'm out of contract and whether he wants me there or not, time will tell."

"I'm looking forward to seeing what [Hird] has got to say and whether he wants me and what he thinks of me as a player. It's very exciting but at the same time, very nerve-wracking," he said.

"My first preference would be to stay at Essendon because it's the type of club where you can build a friendship at, but football is like any other business at the end of the day. If it doesn't work for you at one club … there's always another opportunity somewhere else."

Thanks for posting the link. Just confirms exactlywhat I was saying.

What exactly are you arguing about? Houli was obviously open to staying at Essendon if he got the feedback he wanted. He didn't get that feedback.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=103405

Houli was open to being talked out of it.... but Hird didn't manage to do it. Not trolling, just facts.

Bachar will earn almost as much as the average AFL player's annual remuneration. Hardly a money call.

Or possibly Hird didn't bother. You seem to be pretty confident of what was said at the meeting.

With only one de listing from our senior list and almost everyone else signed up, there is every likelihood Hird called the meeting to inform Houli that he was no longer a required player.

Do you actually know the difference between the Essendon and Richmond offers? If so, do tell.

$45k annually. Who swaps jobs for another $45k a year unless they really want out????

Hardly a money call. Cannot really blame him. He was BOG v Saints and then dropped a fortnight later. Cue the enraged Dons fans hitting talkback.... It was tiresome. Surprised Erred couldn't talk him around, but whispers are he agreed terms with us ages ago. Kudos to Blair Hartley:thumbsu:

He wants a fair go, now he's got it. He would surely hope he does go to the PSD - would enable us to pick up another kid and boost the team's chances in future.

Just delighted he's with us:thumbsu:

Hardly a money call. Cannot really blame him. He was BOG v Saints and then dropped a fortnight later. Cue the enraged Dons fans hitting talkback.... It was tiresome. Surprised Erred couldn't talk him around, but whispers are he agreed terms with us ages ago. Kudos to Blair Hartley:thumbsu:

He wants a fair go, now he's got it. He would surely hope he does go to the PSD - would enable us to pick up another kid and boost the team's chances in future.

Just delighted he's with us:thumbsu:

Telling lies again UTG. I know Basha's brother quite well and I know for a fact this is bs!

You are right about one thing though which is that he wanted out. I knew this around April or just after. At that stage he was less than a 20% chance of being at the Dons next year (according to his brother) and it wasn't until Hird was signed that he considered the possibility of staying.

More money and more game time > staying at a place where he feels he was given a raw deal. Fair call.

Before:
Not for me. Others interested and price likely to go beyond his worth. Despite the chatter, he hasn't been that flash for Bendigo of late, only runs one way and avoids a contest

Sit this one out
After:
Hardwick has said we seek an outside mid with superior kicking skills.

Houli.

Really keen, actually. At the right price, of course

That people, is how you overrate a player after 2 decent games when he isn't even at your club yet.

Before:

After:

That people, is how you overrate a player after 2 decent games when he isn't even at your club yet.
I'd be able to single out Essendon people complaining that he's not getting a game. "Play him Knighter", etc, but I'm not that much of a nerd ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As is the nature of the system, unfortunately, Bombers are going to lose out on this one.

Richmond also have Blues over a barrel for Grigg.

Just a matter of who blinks first.

Hahaha so for all of his bravado and false accusations it is actually UTG who has done the backflip regarding Houli.

Captain hypocrite just pwned himself yet again.

Wonder how he will wriggle his way out of this one.

The only way would be to provide the quotes he is refering to by us Bomber supporters.

I'm not holding my breath.

I've seen almost every game houli has played and while he is not the worst player at essendon, he is no world beater. He makes some nice plays but also makes some horrible turnovers. He realistically isn't worth much because he hasn't really improved since he was taken with pick 42. We are offering him a 2 year lifeline but odds are he'll just be another thomson or hislop that gets in the way of the real talent at the club.

I'd be able to single out Essendon people complaining that he's not getting a game. "Play him Knighter", etc, but I'm not that much of a nerd ;)

Of course you can. There are plenty of us. But will you be able to point out comments from these same people, after Houli said he is leaving, saying that he is a dud?

UpTheGuts is saying the Essendon board is rife with this. Of course he cannot provide quotes, because he is speaking shit again.

Funny how he accuses us of this but in his very words Houli has gone a lazy squib of a footballer who struggled at Bendigo, to a highly skilled midfielder, that would be a great aquaistion for the Tigers. :eek:

Pose a scenario.

No trade is made btween Rich and Ess. Also Rich cant get a trade for Grigg. Both players walk out. If Rich commit to Grigg PSD and tell Houli to go ND does it affect the wage that is on the table? I know first year players are on set wage for the draft number but does that work for older players as well?

Hahaha so for all of his bravado and false accusations it is actually UTG who has done the backflip regarding Houli.

The only way would be to provide the quotes he is refering to by us Bomber supporters.

Love to, but Lance blubbed to the mods so I was banned from your board recently. Can log out and stuff, but, y'know..... life to live and all:D

I've seen almost every game houli has played and while he is not the worst player at essendon, he is no world beater. He makes some nice plays but also makes some horrible turnovers. He realistically isn't worth much because he hasn't really improved since he was taken with pick 42. We are offering him a 2 year lifeline but odds are he'll just be another thomson or hislop that gets in the way of the real talent at the club.

All bs aside I reckon Houli could become a handy player if he can work through his confidence issues and I really hope he does. Good guy. Good family.

Love to, but Lance blubbed to the mods so I was banned from your board recently. Can log out and stuff, but, y'know..... life to live and all:D

Excuses, excuses. I'm sure you know how to copy and paste. Hell, you could even post a link to the thread and provide us all with post numbers. :rolleyes:

Either put up or **** off with you constant bs and lies.

Pose a scenario.

No trade is made btween Rich and Ess. Also Rich cant get a trade for Grigg. Both players walk out. If Rich commit to Grigg PSD and tell Houli to go ND does it affect the wage that is on the table? I know first year players are on set wage for the draft number but does that work for older players as well?

Doesn't make a difference. Luke Ball put a price on his head in the ND.

Maybe he is just trusting the judgment of Hardwick and co.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Bachar Houli wants out, to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back