Bachar Houli wants out, to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like McPhee, you are going to end up with nothing and lose another player in consecutive years to the PSD if you do not deal.

Your club has no leverage. No bargaining power. By allowing him to walk, he will still get to where he wants to go. Makes no sense at all to just throw him to the scrapheap. In fact, it is poor list management.

Not really. There is no point in us taking a low pick because we won't use it. We would gain more value in you guy having to pick him up in the psd leaving us with a larger talent pool to choose from. Perhaps we have our eyes on someone in the psd But are worried that Richmond will take him. By not trading houli it's like gaining a place in the psd

I do not understand why essondon are not clearing out their list. Why are they using the minimum amount of picks?
Because we have a better list than Richmond, and dont need to offer big contract to lure fringe players like Grigg and Houli.

Have fun being mediocre for another 30 years

Suggestions that we need a key defender are laughable.

Find it mildly amusing that our list is being criticised by Richmond supporters, we have had significant turnover over the last 3-4 years and this is one of the things Knights cannot be criticised severely over. We need class mids.

Never have I heard a team who finished 15th with 6 wins and only half a win more than the previous year earn so much praise. It is laughable that Richmond supporters bang on as if their list is so far superior.

Pretty sure I am correct is saying that none of North, Melbourne, Richmond or Port beat a top 4 team this year. Essendon beat two (saints twice and the Dogs) in 2010. Dees drew with the Pies.

richmond beat fremantle while they were in the top 4. and sydney (top 8)....much improved from 2009 and first 10 rounds of 2010. they have turned around big time, where as essendon are falling, and going to fall further with hird as coach, at least for the firs few years he is coach.

richmond beat fremantle while they were in the top 4. and sydney (top 8)....much improved from 2009 and first 10 rounds of 2010. they have turned around big time, where as essendon are falling, and going to fall further with hird as coach, at least for the firs few years he is coach.
Why would we?
We were playing a bloody young line-up last year. No major list changes. And we underperformed the entire tail end of the year.

Just cos'? Just cos' Richmond got a young coach (for once), and therefore everyone else is automatically fail?

Why would we?
We were playing a bloody young line-up last year. No major list changes. And we underperformed the entire tail end of the year.

Just cos'? Just cos' Richmond got a young coach (for once), and therefore everyone else is automatically fail?

haha, ours is younger!:rolleyes:

In that case, Essendon also beat Hawthorn and Carlton as well.

When I refer to top 4, I mean top 4 teams at the end of the season.

We have unearthed several promising young players in the last 2-3 seasons and have also had several rising star nominations.

The Dees did nearly beat those teams, but at the end of the day they didn't.

essendons young key defenders are well ahead of ours, the problem for them is their midfield, but id rather have quality key talls in the bank. the hard thing for them will be finding quality mids at picks outsde the top half a dozen, which is far from possible, but a lot less certain then your scully, trengove, martin, cotchin etc.

i only rate melksham and watson in the dons midfield, but they have a good group of key defenders in hurley, pears and hooker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I am correct is saying that none of North, Melbourne, Richmond or Port beat a top 4 team this year. Essendon beat two (saints twice and the Dogs) in 2010. Dees drew with the Pies.

Port beat St Kilda, but it didn't make us any less crap.

haha, ours is younger!:rolleyes:

Just. And now, after Hardwick's cleanout. Hence why you guys had a clean out and we do not need one.

So as has been explained numerous times, and not once successfully refuted with anything close to resembling a valid supporting argument; Essendon do not seem to require an additional 3rd or 4th round pick at this stage.

That's a pretty ignorant comment..Mundy took a huge step in his career as did Hill...That's the nature of football, one season a player is average or developing and then suddenly their top class.

No, thats his point. We have < 25yo on our list who we are expecting to do the same. Opposition supporters look simply at our results and say our list is rubbish and that we need to draft or trade a large number players to improve it. He is refuting them.

That's a pretty ignorant comment..Mundy took a huge step in his career as did Hill...That's the nature of football, one season a player is average or developing and then suddenly their top class.

Yes but would have Mundy made that leap without Barlow? Barlow transformed your midfield it's fair to say and his arrival helped those 22yos step up too...well sandi helped a bit too...

(thought you would have gone with "we didn't have the worst midfield" cause you probably didn't)

Not really. There is no point in us taking a low pick because we won't use it. We would gain more value in you guy having to pick him up in the psd leaving us with a larger talent pool to choose from. Perhaps we have our eyes on someone in the psd But are worried that Richmond will take him. By not trading houli it's like gaining a place in the psd

i just dont understand why you wouldnt take a 3rd round pick as opposed to losing him for nothing?
you're gonna lose him anyway so you might as well get something out of it lol, it makes no sense to me?
a pick in the 50's is pretty good, i mean you took him for pick 43 or something, and he only managed 5 senior games this year, so i dont think you can be asking for too much can you?
im happy taking him for free anyway, makes ourlist stronger, whilst still being able to rebuild with our draft picks! cheers bombers :thumbsu:

Just. And now, after Hardwick's cleanout. Hence why you guys had a clean out and we do not need one.

So as has been explained numerous times, and not once successfully refuted with anything close to resembling a valid supporting argument; Essendon do not seem to require an additional 3rd or 4th round pick at this stage.

well that just shows the inexperience of hird, obviously he only knows how to play, not coach or valuate a list for what it is. good luck .... i hope he realises and goes back to gamba full time.

well that just shows the inexperience of hird, obviously he only knows how to play, not coach or valuate a list for what it is. good luck .... i hope he realises and goes back to gamba full time.

Tell us who to get rid of oh wise one then.

Atkinson, Jarrod
Bellchambers, Thomas
Carlisle, Jake
Colyer, Travis
Daniher, Darcy
Davey, Alwyn
Dempsey, Courtenay
Dyson, Ricky
Fletcher, Dustin
Gumbleton, Scott
Hardingham, Kyle
Hille, David