back in time

Remove this Banner Ad

All I have to do is think about all the Magic Judd Moments we would have missed out on. Like the roar of the crowd whenever he'd get the ball and run with it...

Wouldn't even consider taking anyone else. There are only two players from that draft (Hodge and Ablett) that I think have any chance of achieving over a career what Judd's achieved so far, and neither of them were available at our pick anyway.

Nope, I'd take a copy of last Friday's Age and use the time to tell Nissy to take his head out of his arse and look at what was going on around him.

I'd tell Cousins and Gardiner to give their mates the flick and show them just what will happen if they don't.

. . . oh and I'd also tell them to make sure a guy called Leo Barry is no where near our forward fifty area in the dying seconds of the 2005 season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be a busy journey.

Go back in time to 2001,

1.) Bet life savings on Brissy. Offer to work for for free in consultancy job at eagles.

2.) Make some phone calls, and be sorry to hear about the tragic death of John Kizon in what is believed to be a gang related incident.

3.) Draft Judd. AND Bartel.

4.) Strip Cousins of captaincy, strip Gardiner of vice captaincy, appoint them full time chaperones.

5.) Track down Brad Smith and put him in a permanent knee brace.

6.) Tank 2005 qualifier against Sydney, beat St Kilda in the QF and play Adelaide in the granny. Eagles Premiers 2005.

7.) Keep 2006 exactly as is. Approach Judd at the end of the season and ask him if he wants a trade back to melbourne. If he says yes, do the deal whilst he's contracted from a position of strength, Out: Judd, In: An underperforming second year player by the name of Lance Franklin.

8.) Draft Justin Westhoff with a 4th round pick.

9.) Celebrate with Marty and the professor

No doubt, absolute effing champion.

Will miss him forever and it horrifies me to think that anyone would want to go back and never have him play for our team. :eek:

Total_Juddshanks

It'd be a busy journey.

Go back in time to 2001,

1.) Bet life savings on Brissy. Offer to work for for free in consultancy job at eagles.

2.) Make some phone calls, and be sorry to hear about the tragic death of John Kizon in what is believed to be a gang related incident.

4.) Strip Cousins of captaincy, strip Gardiner of vice captaincy, appoint them full time chaperones.

6.) Tank 2005 qualifier against Sydney, beat St Kilda in the QF and play Adelaide in the granny. Eagles Premiers 2005.

7.) Keep 2006 exactly as is. Approach Judd at the end of the season and ask him if he wants a trade back to melbourne. If he says yes, do the deal whilst he's contracted from a position of strength, Out: Judd, In: An underperforming second year player by the name of Lance Franklin.

:D love it.

Are you joking... Of course we would. I got to see the greatest player (that i've ever seen at least)... play week in week out and enjoy it! :D.

How can you regret that. Would I want hodge or ball (assuming they will stay another 6 years)? hell no!! :thumbsdown:

Judd or nothing! :thumbsu:

Imagine if we got Polak instead (I know the dockers screwed him up but still)... I would be choking right now.

I think your forgetting.. Picks 1,3, Kennedy and 20 for Judd. Trade Cousins for pick 5.

Trade morton and sampi (who never left thanks to TJS) for pick 8.

2007 afl draft
Pick1 (Kreuzer)
Pick 3 (Cotchin)
Pick 5 (Masten)
Pick 8 (Palmer)
Pick 13* (Gourdis)
Pick 20 (Selwood).

Success :D

Hype can I have some of what you're on?

I can't remember getting Pick 1 for Judd...have I been in some strange time warp?

LOL

Lol I decided to go back to my sucky name before I changed it, this is a going back in time thread isnt it??? Bet you cant guess which current member I am??

Anyway answer to the question since I have been avoiding it, Judd was the right choice at the time and was so for 5 1/2 years (last 1/2 of this year, no). It really is an irrelevant question because if you want to start that we could go back to every draft and say like 'Bartel would have been better that Sampi' etc. Move on and just remember what Judd did in those years (even though Im disliking him atm) and hope hes not the same for the Blues.

Lol I decided to go back to my sucky name before I changed it, this is a going back in time thread isnt it??? Bet you cant guess which current member I am??

Anyway answer to the question since I have been avoiding it, Judd was the right choice at the time and was so for 5 1/2 years (last 1/2 of this year, no). It really is an irrelevant question because if you want to start that we could go back to every draft and say like 'Bartel would have been better that Sampi' etc. Move on and just remember what Judd did in those years (even though Im disliking him atm) and hope hes not the same for the Blues.

Couldnt have said that last paragraph better myself, oh hang on......I did write that but could only write it that nicely in that name :D

Well thats the end of that, no more letting that side out it will destroy my image ;)

OK I was a little bored. Still no matter what seeing Judd play for another club next year for the first time is going to be real weird as equally as its going to be with no Cousins *sigh*

It'd be a busy journey.

Go back in time to 2001,

hahaha, that's awesome :thumbsu:

10. Give Banners a job at the club so that he wouldn't become the hopelessly shitty deer-in-headlights boundary rider he is today.

Hype can I have some of what you're on?

I can't remember getting Pick 1 for Judd...have I been in some strange time warp?

LOL

:D We'll get pick 1,3,20 and Kennedy this way :)

if you could go back in time would you pick judd up in the draft

I am an Essendon supporter and its obvious to me.....

In 20,50,100 years time Judd will be remembered as a champion West Coast player and a premiership player for your club.

At Carlton he will be remembered as a champion player who never acheived any team success...

Remove this Banner Ad

back in time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back