Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll be looking over the WAFL team too apparently. Which is great news considering that team's a living, breathing 70 point loss a week team.

Also gives Daisy someone to talk coaching with now since she can't turn to Simmo now. She's now the most tenured coach at the club :tearsofjoy:

Prefer woosha on the board. Football people on board is always important.
Or, you know, you could have the most respected footy leader in the history of our club run the footy part of the club....

Guy McKenna was in the mix also , Eagles / Pykey bringing it all back home .

We’re also reportedly looking for a head of development role after Steve Trewhella was moved to a more WAFL specific role

Mckenna maybe was/is in the mix for that role

This isn't jobs for the boys.

This is the Return of the King.

the lord of the rings GIF

Welcome back woosh. The legend has returned…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Exactly what the club needs to compliment young blokes like Reid and a first time head coach.

A wealth of footy experience and a hard nose. Hopefully bring out the best in the people around him and add a little steel. That's always been his greatest strength. Building people up, organisation and leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing 'Head of Football' means Woosh will have some oversight on the WAFL/development programs too?
"We are excited to see John rejoin the club in a role which we believe will be significant across our football programs. His coaching and football experience will provide vital assistance, leadership and support for our AFL, AFLW and WAFL teams," chief executive Don Pyke said.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried considering past issues that happened during his previous tenure at the club, but hopefully there's nothing to worry about.
Nothing to worry about. Cuz is back in the fold. We'll get Clarry Oliver for cheap, pick Bailey Smith up in the preseason draft and we'll throw a year at Jake Stringer and we'll be flying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back