Europe Backdrop to the war in Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for the geopolitics, history and framework around the Russia-Ukraine conflict. If you want to discuss the events of the war, head over to this thread:

another salient point.

Yeah I'm not wrong.

NATO expansion has 0 to do with this war, outside Putin saw his opportunity to invade dwindling.

He didn't have to invade, he could have just accepted Ukraine isn't Russia.
Ilovethepies thinks its ok for sovereign countries to be invaded, as long as its not Russia

"Russia militarised its language and culture."
Exactly. What a crock of shit.

There are people in Ukraine, opposed to this invasion, not actually fighting, who speak Russian. Obviously not militarised. There are Russian musicians in Europe who haven't been back to Russia since the invasion in 2022. Some of them dedicate money from their gigs to charities for Ukrainian refugees. Same for them. They speak Russian and are part of Russian culture.

There are people in Ukraine, opposed to this invasion, not actually fighting, who speak Russian. Obviously not militarised. There are Russian musicians in Europe who haven't been back to Russia since the invasion in 2022. Some of them dedicate money from their gigs to charities for Ukrainian refugees. Same for them. They speak Russian and are part of Russian culture.
We are speaking about the Govt of Russia, not individuals who've fled

Bloody easy to see why you fell for Russian propaganda. Not to bright

I think it also needs to be noted that the US and NATO wouldn't be funding Ukraine (even though NATO isn't, the EU is)

If Putin hadn't launched his invasion
The US has been funding and training the Ukrainian military for a decade.

The US has been funding and training the Ukrainian military for a decade.
They are involved with our training to.

Cool if Russia attacks us 🤣

Edit- i assume to don't realise what happened a little over a decade ago....Russia invaded Ukraine the 1st time

Last edited:
We are speaking about the Govt of Russia, not individuals who've fled

Bloody easy to see why you fell for Russian propaganda. Not to bright
What Russian propaganda did I fall for? Objecting to someone from a racist state that conducts pogroms against Roma people saying a war crime is "pure Russian culture"? If you're talking about the government of Russia you need to identify that's what you're talking about, especially when you've just posted a tweet claiming that war crimes are a cultural thing not a government one.

What Russian propaganda did I fall for? Objecting to someone from a racist state that conducts pogroms against Roma people saying a war crime is "pure Russian culture"? If you're talking about the government of Russia you need to identify that's what you're talking about, especially when you've just posted a tweet claiming that war crimes are a cultural thing not a government one.
that wasn't my tweet, that's the tweet of a person living through the invasion of Russia

If you have a problem, I'm sure you can reach out to him as bravely as you have here.

He is on twitter, let us know how you go 😉

I look forward to your support for Ukraine agsinst the geincidal war being waged by Putin and the state of Russia 😉

They are involved with our training to.

Cool if Russia attacks us 🤣
You said they weren't involved in Ukraine until "Putin invaded". Were you lying or ignorant?

If Russia attacks us they will use missiles, maybe nuke missiles, on the air force bases we allow the US to use for its B2 stealth nuclear bombers.

that wasn't my tweet, that's the tweet of a person living through the invasion of Russia

If you have a problem, I'm sure you can reach out to him as bravely as you have here.

He is on twitter, let us know how you go 😉
How am I sposed to reach out to them?

You said they weren't involved in Ukraine until "Putin invaded". Were you lying or ignorant?

If Russia attacks us they will use missiles, maybe nuke missiles, on the air force bases we allow the US to use for its B2 stealth nuclear bombers.
No I said they woulding be funding Ukraine, which quite obviously meant in this war, if Putin hadn't invaded.

Hell, if Putin hadn't invaded Ukraine in '14 it would still be the military is was prior.

Russia aren't attacking us, Putin is a coward he will only ever attack smaller nations he thinks can't fight back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, not what I am talking about.

Just the Russian Government. That's all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe Backdrop to the war in Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back