Bad Boomer !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget all the precious North supporters who don't like their "champion" being criticised.......

It's not just North supporters defending him, and they should be. It is mainly floggy freo fans and a few holier than thou hawks getting in on the bagging.
I can't imagine you lot will like a thread bagging Pavlich in the week of his 350th. We could all chat about how he could never win a flag and how overrated his career has been?

Really really poor form by the OP. Disgusting in Harvey's record breaking week.
Hate him all you like but the bloke is playing like a champion still after playing more games than anyone else ever.
Michael Tuck's record is being broken, maybe that's the problem? Harvey is a better footballer than Tuck was so i think Joondalup needs to get over it. Freo fans getting in on the act of dissing Harvey is of no surprise either, they would prefer to give a standing ovation to a drug cheat who can't get a game at Essendon.
Better than Tucky! Lol
Tucky played his whole career on ball, not tucked away in the forward pocket or roaming the wing. Was a much better player and team player more importantly, which is little wonder he played in 7 flags.

It's not just North supporters defending him, and they should be. It is mainly floggy freo fans and a few holier than thou hawks getting in on the bagging.
I can't imagine you lot will like a thread bagging Pavlich in the week of his 350th. We could all chat about how he could never win a flag and how overrated his career has been?

Yes you could and quite frankly, Freo supporters will defend him and we know that other supporter bases have trolls and campaigners in them. The thing that matters is we know what we think about him and we don't give a shit about other supporter bases (I know I certainly don't). It's hard to find good supporters of other teams on here in my opinion.

Crowley injured his hamstring 7 weeks ago so a bit rich to criticise.

Geelong fans aren't exactly the classiest of supporter bases either considering they would rather sing about someone being a paedophile (2012 Elimination Final at the MCG)...yes this actually happened and has stuck in my memory bank till this day. I will never forget the anger and the disgust I felt towards Geelong that night because of those supporters.

My suggestion....don't cast aspersions on other supporter bases because the Geelong supporter base aren't angels

Crowley struggled before he got injured, it's no surprise whatsoever. I told anyone who would listen he is the most overrated footballer in history.
I'll let you engage me on this off topic chant. Who were they chanting this to? It wasn't a big crowd and i didn't hear anything so i'm curious more than anything.
You should try attending a freo game as an opposition supporter. wow

I sure as hope he didn't mention the 99 Grandfinal either, i mean why bring up such irrelevant topics hey?

So Harvey has come out like all the other million footballers and writes a book.

And of course , what does the paper bring up first, how he was so disgusted by Wayne Carey, why bring that up again , Harvey is a good footballer but nothing else.

Now maybe he was influenced to bring out the Carey business, by promoters to sell his book ,
but it is off, and he is foolish, and should have kept to football not rubbish even if it was a paragraph , where three people may have been as guilty as the next, including Stevens and what about his partner, why is Carey the one clobbered all the time. Its over you fool.

Might be an old man in footy Harvey , but you are an immature individual in life.

Brent Harvey once played for a free against Hawthorn, hence all their fans hate him.

Yes you could and quite frankly, Freo supporters will defend him and we know that other supporter bases have trolls and campaigners in them. The thing that matters is we know what we think about him and we don't give a shit about other supporter bases (I know I certainly don't). It's hard to find good supporters of other teams on here in my opinion.

Especially Freo ones. How about your fans relax on Harvey this week? It's pathetic, i'm nor here or there about Harvey but he is an extremely good footballer at 38. Freo fans on here need to find respect.

Better than Tucky! Lol
Tucky played his whole career on ball, not tucked away in the forward pocket or roaming the wing. Was a much better player and team player more importantly, which is little wonder he played in 7 flags.

You were most likely born in the 80s like every other bandwagon Hawthorn fan so i doubt highly you would actually know. Sure Tuck was remarkable for the sheer number of games but he was not the best at the club at any point. Harvey has been for a fair period and you're paying a great disservice to the rest of the 80s hawk players. Winning flags does not automatically make individuals better.

Especially Freo ones. How about your fans relax on Harvey this week? It's pathetic, i'm nor here or there about Harvey but he is an extremely good footballer at 38. Freo fans on here need to find respect.

You were most likely born in the 80s like every other bandwagon Hawthorn fan so i doubt highly you would actually know. Sure Tuck was remarkable for the sheer number of games but he was not the best at the club at any point. Harvey has been for a fair period and you're paying a great disservice to the rest of the 80s hawk players. Winning flags does not automatically make individuals better.
Says more about the quality of players we had at the club at the time doesn't it and vice versa with Harvey and North. Yep I must be a bandwagoner. Better than a handbagger I guess.

Crowley injured his hamstring 7 weeks ago so a bit rich to criticise.

Geelong fans aren't exactly the classiest of supporter bases either considering they would rather sing about someone being a paedophile (2012 Elimination Final at the MCG)...yes this actually happened and has stuck in my memory bank till this day. I will never forget the anger and the disgust I felt towards Geelong that night because of those supporters.

My suggestion....don't cast aspersions on other supporter bases because the Geelong supporter base aren't angels

Brent Harvey is evil, but don't ever have a go at Freo :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says more about the quality of players we had at the club at the time doesn't it and vice versa with Harvey and North. Yep I must be a bandwagoner. Better than a handbagger I guess.

You don't what your saying.
We are talking about Harvey not the team around them.
Obviously hawthorn's team of the 80s is better than the side Harvey played in but that Hawks side was better than everyone including your current day side.
This does not mean Harvey isn't a better footballer or doesn't deserve respect.

Why should he give it back? **** that it's a free car.

For a raffle for players and staff only of the NMFC kindly donated by Mazda.

Well , I do get a bit over the top when things make me angry. But I do voice what I think, and every one else can do the same. But if they don't have an opinion I wonder why they shoot at me, saying my comments are moronic.
Usually people who insult a poster, have no comment really on the subject.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about the Carey stuff, but it was in the paper this morning advertising Harvey's book , and crikey, all it talked about in the promo was his disappointment about the trouble between Carey and Stevens , and Archer, so these blokes bleed and feed of something that happened years ago, and I wonder who it hurts when its brought up so much now.

I don't like Harvey I've seen him in action , we all know he's a good footballer but I'm not sure what kind of a bloke he is, but if you write about your career why bring up something from when? 8, 10, 12 years past. That should have nothing to do with you?

Do you understand the dynamics of the "locker room" and how it can completely ruin a season and beyond? He was a senior player by then and all players were impacted because of who it was and who it was with. Pretty straight forward why it's in his book yeah?

A Hawks fan who never saw Michael Tuck play???

He was no angel thats for sure. Didnt mind throwing one in at an opportune time. Great player but was carried his last 2 years

Better than Tucky! Lol

Tucky played in defence a fair bit late in his career chip scabbing across half bank.

A lot of touchy posters in this thread. 300/300 would read again

I personally think it was unfair for Boomer to label Ryan what he did when a majority of Crowley's teammates were also crab like.

Brent Harvey is evil, but don't ever have a go at Freo :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

The implied meaning actually is that if you want to cast aspersions at other supporter bases, make sure your supporter base is clean.

In saying that (back on topic), evidently you're another precious North supporter.

It isn't our fault he's unlikable...if he didn't act the way he did on field, he'd get more respect.

427 games....good on him. Pity he chooses to be a turd on the field as far as I'm concerned.

As for the actual topic, this is going to open more wounds for the people involved in that saga and really, he has the right to write about it as he was there at the time but really, I think it's time we put that issue to bed. 14 years is too long to hold grudges and now there's a new rift between Carey and Harvey

that's because almost every AFL supporter in the land likes Pav, unfortunately for Boomer most fans don't like him.

No one is saying that he hasn't been a great player, no on can argue that. People are just saying he comes across as a knob

427 games....good on him. Pity he chooses to be a turd on the field as far as I'm concerned.
I think Boomer's Achilles heel has been a tendency to show his frustration when he gets tagged out of a game. That has happened at times within the rules. More often, it's happened when an opponent has spent the game niggling, blocking, grabbing (maybe even pinching) well off the ball. It's understandable if he gets frustrated with such tactics, but doesn't help the team if he lashes out, and gets reported by a suddenly-observant umpire.

But it's a bit rich to say he "chooses to be a turd on the field". He chooses to play the ball.

And if you reckon Boomer is a turd on the field, what suitable description would you suggest for Ballantyne????????????????????

I think Boomer's Achilles heel has been a tendency to show his frustration when he gets tagged out of a game. That has happened at times within the rules. More often, it's happened when an opponent has spent the game niggling, blocking, grabbing (maybe even pinching) well off the ball. It's understandable if he gets frustrated with such tactics, but doesn't help the team if he lashes out, and gets reported by a suddenly-observant umpire.

But it's a bit rich to say he "chooses to be a turd on the field". He chooses to play the ball.

And if you reckon Boomer is a turd on the field, what suitable description would you suggest for Ballantyne????????????????????

Up until this year I would say a niggler....sadly that's gone out of his game because umpires go in with preconceived notions which should be an absolute no-no

I look forward to seeing how many handball receives he gets. Should also kick a couple from the goal square if he times his down hill runs correctly.
I think very little of him. Comes across as a smug prick. Well done on breaking the games record.
I'll remember him as a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back