List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Now MFC have said Oliver is staying, how will Bulldogs react to the trade of Bailey?

If Geelong walks away + it’s’ see you next year? Will Dogs be motivated to accept the offer?

If Geelong increases Oliver offer, will Dogs be motivated to ask for more?

Now MFC have said Oliver is staying, how will Bulldogs react to the trade of Bailey?

If Geelong walks away + it’s’ see you next year? Will Dogs be motivated to accept the offer?

If Geelong increases Oliver offer, will Dogs be motivated to ask for more?
I'd say the Smith trade has already been sorted.
The Bulldogs will want ammo to use during the trade period. So I dont see it taking long at all.

We dont have players on the table (as far as we know) so there's no point holding out to see if Geelong receive additional picks that can be used in negotiation.

And honestly it would be smart for Geelong to use the Rnd 1, and the future Rnd2 quickly.
That means our future 1st cant be traded.

And then Melbourne are snookered.

Yeah. I'm thinking that this could be as pivotal as the Dangerfield and Cameron deals for our club.
I doubt it... Smith is ok but I think he is a bit overblown as a player here.

He should be a nice addition to the 22 offering good outside run... but not a make-or-break level player.

A fit Oliver would make a much bigger impact IMO.

But I ask "why does Reg Hickey think both clubs won't be happy with the trade?".

I wonder if he thinks Geelong will be offering up 2x R1's... We will never do that for Smith.

He should be a nice addition to the 22 offering good outside run... but not a make-or-break level player.

But I ask "why does Reg Hickey think both clubs won't be happy with the trade?".

I wonder if he thinks Geelong will be offering up 2x R1's... We will never do that for Smith.
I'm flying blind here as I've previously said, I know zero about Smith.

But from looking at all of the conversation I dont think our Rnd 1 will cut it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Geelong's 2024 Rnd 1, 2025 Rnd 2, And the Bulldogs 2024 Rnd 3 coming back.

I dont even know if the clubs have those picks.
So...... grain of salt. In fact, thats me wearing a blindfold in darts and guessing I'll hit triple 20.

Bulldogs fans would love 2 x first round picks

I'm flying blind here as I've previously said, I know zero about Smith.

But from looking at all of the conversation I dont think our Rnd 1 will cut it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Geelong's 2024 Rnd 1, 2025 Rnd 2, And the Bulldogs 2024 Rnd 3 coming back.

I dont even know if the clubs have those picks.
So...... grain of salt. In fact, thats me wearing a blindfold in darts and guessing I'll hit triple 20.

That's what I'm thinking the trade will end up about

I have zero doubt our 2024 first will be used - then we'll see a swap of later picks, just not sure if those will be 2024 or 2025 picks

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back