List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I caught a dozen carp from the Murray whist trying to catch up on the trade thread this afternoon. Took four hours.

And nothing happened. 😆
Can't think of things to do much better than a sitting under a big old river Red Gum on the Murray fishing with fresh Bardi Grubs early morning or as the suns setting.

With respect Dubs, he's been caught with drugs once. That's a little overdramatic.

He's hasn't assaulted anybody, sexually or otherwise. He hasn't harrased anybody, and he hasn't been arrested for misconduct.

The guy made a mistake, a mistake that's all too common in the AFL and our society as a whole. Particularly for a young man who was 21 years old at the time.

It's not ideal, and of course we'd all prefer our players to be squeaky clean all the time.

Unfortunately, it's never been that way, and never will be. People come from all walks of life to play this great game of ours.

He's made a mistake, and appears to have learnt from it. Unless he screws up again, we shouldn't hold it over him.
I presented both sides, but my personal preference is a maybe, no thanks. Just an overall gut feeling and impression. Will be rapt if he is great for us. If we get him, but as said before, I will not be anguished if we don't.
This is not relevant now, but it's what I thought of him a while ago.

I caught a dozen carp from the Murray whist trying to catch up on the trade thread this afternoon. Took four hours.

And nothing happened. 😆

Seeing it is a very slow trade week , and you have mentioned the dreaded Carp

I think we can thank ( not much ) Sir John Young a Governor of NSW , they all broought/introduced some shocking pest in to Aust , and i think he is the clever diick who introduced European Carp , which have totally fecked the Aust river system , eating all the Murray Cod and Redfin etc

I think in inner Sydney they even named a road after him , Sir John Young Crescent in Woolloomooloo .

I think we can thank ( not much ) Sir John Young a Governor of NSW , they all broought/introduced some shocking pest in to Aust , and i think he is the clever diick who introduced European Carp , which have totally fecked the Aust river system , eating all the Murray Cod and Redfin etc

I think in inner Sydney they even named a road after him , Sir John Young Crescent in Woolloomooloo .
This is going to be a long off season …

I think in inner Sydney they even named a road after him , Sir John Young Crescent in Woolloomooloo
Terrible things.
Bringing it back to Bailey - I have only just looked at his insta. He’s a different kettle of fish.
I’m hoping he’s a nice guy and is just like one of those different friends you love anyway.
I guess we managed to love Izzy Smith so anything Is possible.

Only difference is Luke Ball was pretty amicable with the Saints when he was leaving, it wasn't like his teammates had turned on him or that he was going scorched earth....he just didn't like Ross very much because Ross left him on the bench during a crucial period during the Grand Final that they lost. And this was a guy who very clearly was one of his team's best players. He was pretty professional throughout the whole process even when he clearly just wanted to get to the Pies.

Bailey has gone full burnt bridge mode. He's hardly friends with any of the Dogs players anymore...guys like Bont, Libba, Naughton etc all axed him on Social Media, he's been posting about "two sides to the story" and then the post today of a Bulldogs fan bagging him on his instagram about "leaving for success" and Bailey gave her a nice pot shot back about success which basically was a read between the lines shot at the Bulldogs being a minnow club.

Reckon a deal will get done without going to National Draft or PS Draft but i think that's where a lot of the comparsisons end for Luke Ball and Bailey Smith

Only difference is Luke Ball was pretty amicable with the Saints when he was leaving, it wasn't like his teammates had turned on him or that he was going scorched earth....he just didn't like Ross very much because Ross left him on the bench during a crucial period during the Grand Final that they lost. And this was a guy who very clearly was one of his team's best players. He was pretty professional throughout the whole process even when he clearly just wanted to get to the Pies.

Bailey has gone full burnt bridge mode. He's hardly friends with any of the Dogs players anymore...guys like Bont, Libba, Naughton etc all axed him on Social Media, he's been posting about "two sides to the story" and then the post today of a Bulldogs fan bagging him on his instagram about "leaving for success" and Bailey gave her a nice pot shot back about success which basically was a read between the lines shot at the Bulldogs being a minnow club.

Reckon a deal will get done without going to National Draft or PS Draft but i think that's where a lot of the comparsisons end for Luke Ball and Bailey Smith
Don't know why he bothers tbh, particularly when they're throwaway comments on Instagram.

I get that it would be draining, but there's nothing he can say that will make them sit up and go "You know what? You're right Bailey, I was being an idiot. I'm sorry".

Nuffies are going to be nuffies, he's just fueling it by responding.

The guy is a handsome and rich footballer. He's already made it to the 1%. Timmy from Thomastown isn't worth wasting any energy on.

Don't know why he bothers tbh, particularly when they're throwaway comments on Instagram.

I get that it would be draining, but there's nothing he can say that will make them sit up and go "You know what? You're right Bailey, I was being an idiot. I'm sorry".

Nuffies are going to be nuffies, he's just fueling it by responding.

The guy is a handsome and rich footballer. He's already made it to the 1%. Timmy from Thomastown isn't worth wasting any energy on.

Spot on, hopefully coming to the Cats gives him a bit of a reality check.
I like the guy, think he’s a bit misunderstood tbh.

But he needs to just let those things go.
Just block and or delete.

No use worrying about clowns like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back