Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because other clubs overpay for players doesn't mean we have to.
Sure, but the Dogs have every right to reject trades and utilise the list management rules that allow for that.

By suggesting that Smith is effectively a Geelong player already, Geelong fans are admitting that they have a right to acquire players more easily and cheaply than other clubs do. There's no two ways about it.

We'll offer more than a first but the other trades mentioned are pretty wild outliers, with Noble being steak knives to a pick swap and Rioli being a trade woth Gold Coast. I still refuse to believe the rioli one goes through at pick 6 in isolation let alone more than.
TBF on the Rioli one this is Gold Coast we are talking about, they gave you pick 7 to take Jack Bowes off their hands.

Just seen Bailey Smith in a car driving on Punt Rd.

Sure, but the Dogs have every right to reject trades and utilise the list management rules that allow for that.

By suggesting that Smith is effectively a Geelong player already, Geelong fans are admitting that they have a right to acquire players more easily and cheaply than other clubs do. There's no two ways about it.
Who is suggesting this?

You're confusing fans with the club. Thankfully fans don't run clubs. You seem to be of the opinion that Geelong believe they have every right to pick up a player without offering something. This is the same Geelong who have traded for free agents in the past. Something I don't believe any other club has done ever.

I am sure you will respond with a "read the thread and see what other Geelong people are writing", again none of these people represent the club in trade negotiations and are either delusional or deliberately winding you up.

TBF on the Rioli one this is Gold Coast we are talking about, they gave you pick 7 to take Jack Bowes off their hands.
The Bowes trade made everyone forget the time we traded them pick 27 for a 1st round priority pick + change. Any trade involving those guys needs a disclaimer added to it.

2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back