Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Announces it right before the B&F that he's no-showing. In the past he's posted oiled shirtless photos the moment we won r24 and locked in finals, and posted bulge on Instagram during the Brownlow. Bloke's walking out giving us the finger. Is he that shitty about not having a leading inside midfield role in a team with Bont, Libba, Treloar, prime Macrae for a good while, and Dunkley for a good while?

I would say the answer is YES

can anyone explain why the dogs are happy for him to go? and have been for some time?

Richards has been a better fit for their midfield. Actual defensive presence along with speed and power.

I don't think they will miss Baz in the short term but might miss him in the long term as Libba and Treloar enter their twilight years.

I can see Sanders replacing Libba but don't think they have a Treloar replacement yet. Smith has the skill set to match Treloar.

Not going to speak about a Bont replacement. Some players are irreplaceable.

Richards has been a better fit for their midfield. Actual defensive presence along with speed and power.

I don't think they will miss Baz in the short term but might miss him in the long term as Libba and Treloar enter their twilight years.

I can see Sanders replacing Libba but don't think they have a Treloar replacement yet. Smith has the skill set to match Treloar.

Not going to speak about a Bont replacement. Some players are irreplaceable.

The emergence of Richards as a midfielder is the big reason why we’re not too fussed about losing him on field. His personality change over the last few years is a more personal reason. He’s gone from a humble, driven kid, to someone who’s so focused on his own brand that he’s stopped caring about anything else. He’s become very shallow.

can anyone explain why the dogs are happy for him to go? and have been for some time?

In short: We’ve replaced him on field with a better player, and are tired of hearing about him.

Glad he’s finally nominated, will be happy once the trade is done. Interesting timing right before our B&F but we all know the type of person he is so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hope Geelong are ready to deal with his narcissistic tendencies.

Irs not the coin. Its the farms, pubs, jobs at Cotton On, etc.

All clubs do it a bit but Carlton and Geelong are for sure rorting more than the others.
Ok then which players are on so much $$$ that we need to supplement them with farms? How are Hawthorn dropping close to $2M on a couple of B-grade defenders without these third party deals?

Ok then which players are on so much $$$ that we need to supplement them with farms? How are Hawthorn dropping close to $2M on a couple of B-grade defenders without these third party deals?

Because we arent paying anything like that. As for our cap, we have been paying the bare minimum for years so clearly have some space.

Yep, because of the pubs and farms and things :)
So just for clarity:
  • "My club is forking out close to $2M on a couple of B-grade defenders and everything is fine because we're just good at managing salaries"
  • "That one club I don't like is attracting some talent, must be something nefarious going on"
Not saying you're just making stuff up but it sounds a lot like you're just making stuff up.

Irs not the coin. Its the farms, pubs, jobs at Cotton On, etc.

All clubs do it a bit but Carlton and Geelong are for sure rorting more than the others.
The real key to their success is the Cotton On shenanigans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just for clarity:
  • "My club is forking out close to $2M on a couple of B-grade defenders and everything is fine because we're just good at managing salaries"
  • "That one club I don't like is attracting some talent, must be something nefarious going on"
Not saying you're just making stuff up but it sounds a lot like you're just making stuff up.
Richmond paying Hopper and Taranto $1m x 7
Hawthorn paying Josh Battle and $900k x 6 and Tom Barrass something similar

At least the players we rort the cap for are actually worth the price of admission. Zac Guthrie makes Battle look like an under-9 and he'd be lucky to be on $400k

At least the players we rort the cap for are actually worth the price of admission. Zac Guthrie makes Battle look like an under-9 and he'd be lucky to be on $400k

We aren't paying Battle 900k. Our contract is likely not to be band 1. Probably in the realm of 800.

Barrass is likely going to have a portion of his contract paid for by the Eagles. We'll probably be footing the bill for 600.

Collingwood just paid some Perry Man fellow 800k-900k too. Guys like Josh Battle and Perry Man would be Geelong's 2nd highest paid player behind Cameron.

Glad he’s finally nominated, will be happy once the trade is done. Interesting timing right before our B&F but we all know the type of person he is so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hope Geelong are ready to deal with his narcissistic tendencies.
Don't believe you Rik Mayall.gif

It's kind of funny reading the Trade thread on the Dogs board.

Up until even a few weeks ago, when they were still clinging to the belief he might stay, Smith was just a loveable rogue who did a few silly FIGJAM-y things but it was all in good fun - we love a bit of character and confidence at our club.

As soon as he was leaving - BOOM he became an arrogant tosspot who was a total culture cancer and dickhead who nobody liked.

Up until even a few weeks ago, when they were still clinging to the belief he might stay, Smith was just a loveable rogue who did a few silly FIGJAM-y things but it was all in good fun - we love a bit of character and confidence at our club.

As soon as he was leaving - BOOM he became an arrogant tosspot who was a total culture cancer and dickhead who nobody liked.
Having also kept an eye on the thread, bit of an exaggerated before and after. The animosity has more so built up gradually over the course of the year as his antics have accumulated. The request tonight an hour before the B&F was just the cherry on top.

Pretty sure we aren't paying those pricks $1m a year each. I vaguely recall between $700-800k, the thinking being they get the extra security for years but at a slightly lower rate.

Has anyone mentioned Celebrity 101 since Bailey Smith has said he wants to go to Geelong 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Keep your imaginative ramblings to yourself Mr. GOAT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back