Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

We can all agree essendon won that trade with a leg in the air
Essendon always win Trade Week! You must know that by now...
Pick 28 and Pick 46 was more than enough for that spud

You're one of few who gets it! Kudos and well done!

Given the trading history between us, and the fact your player has chosen Victoria, no us... I'd be shocked if we offered more than 22 or F2. We don't need another slightly better Polec.

Never rated any of the Motlops, too inconsistent, never really stood up when it matters. Flashy when it suited him.
Motlop was a far better footballer than Ben Jacobs. We just got our noses out of joint because we totally ****ed up picking Ben Jacobs in the first round and North refused to give us anything for him which was just about what he was worth.

Given the trading history between us, and the fact your player has chosen Victoria, no us... I'd be shocked if we offered more than 22 or F2. We don't need another slightly better Polec.
Nah you will give us pick 2, I’m ready for another JHF like trade. No way in hell you guys would let a senior player like Houston (finally getting the big fish) not get to your club. You (even more so than Carlton) would be desperate to get Dan and will pay through the roof to get him

Nah you will give us pick 2, I’m ready for another JHF like trade. No way in hell you guys would let a senior player like Houston (finally getting the big fish) not get to your club. You (even more so than Carlton) would be desperate to get Dan and will pay through the roof to get him
lol i know. Well aware.

I'd prefer a blanket ban of not trading with you blokes - We are your only donkey!

Dodo is gone we are never winning it again

Thankfully......

Essendon screwing up draft picks not withstanding we traded away youth for an established player to win a flag that player is now on the decline without us winning one
That was a diabolically bad draft after being shut down all year with COVID. Smart choice was trading out for established talent that year.

This year however, picks will be a premium given the strength and depth of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, no it won't.

We barely got a top 5 pick after being destroyed by injuries and losing Brayshaw right before the season.

Your analysis of things are god-awful.
we will be trash next year. We didn't get destroyed by injuries what are you talking about? Petracca was playing when we lost by 90 points to freo.

We've got no Brayshaw this season either.

Petracca is disgruntled and will be a distraction all season long. Oliver will be Oliver and be a distraction all season long. We've lost Neal-Bullen and haven't replaced him with anyone. We haven't got a replacement ruck in case Gawn goes down. Don't give me this Tom Campbell nonsense.

We've got no key forward to help Van Rooyen and our oldest players are going to be a year older so guys like Gawn, Viney, May, McDonald are getting slower, not quicker. Petty isn't the answer in the fwd line.

We've still got Billings on the list whose attack on the ball is a major culture killer in every game he plays, let alone every training session he attends over pre-season.

It really scares me that Tim Lamb thinks the way that you do because he's going to kiss away our future because he has no idea where our list is at. It's bottom 4 for many years if we don't hit the draft hard asap.

Saad 86 games and AA vs Zac Reid 9 games and you say Essendon won that trade with a leg in the air ? We also got Jack Caroll as part of the trade who by himself has achieved more than Reid.

Maybe I should post this in the Rioli thread. So many people over rate draft picks as if they are some guarantee to future success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back