Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact your list manager dug his heels in for so long for two shithouse late picks, basically sums up my point. Hes a stubborn prick. Which Sam Power should be also.

Power values him as top 10. Mackie at 17.

Good, meet halfway and get it done.

The point still stands, if you guys can be stubborn and drag your heels, then so can we.

The halfway is the F2 which will get thrown in.

The top 10 pick is not a reality in the real world.

Gullan does Geelong media because he's based there but ironically he's a dogs fan. Spoke about it numerous times on the podcast he did with Lingy. He knows the cats list inside out because it's his job.

Here's an article he wrote in 2016 about what it's like being a dogs fan

Don't think he's pushing any agenda either way
Interesting, thanks. I'd have never guessed that but I haven't read the Herald Sun in forever and only knew of him for his Geelong premiership books. I'm pretty sure I have the 2007 and 2022 books lying around but I never got around to reading either of them.

Tbh its perfectly acceptable to ask for a top 10 pick Bailey Smith is worth 2x firsts fully fit.

Geelong are just masterful at acquiring players for a fraction of their cost :tearsofjoy: its also not the Bulldogs problem that Geelong dont have a top 10 pick its up to the buyer to satisfy the seller.
Not Geelongs problem Dogs let him run down his contract, played him out of position, only offered 2 years allegedly - the fact Geelong don’t have a top 10 pick sounds more like a you problem than an us problem and expect it to play out as such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Geelongs problem Dogs let him run down his contract, played him out of position, only offered 2 years allegedly - the fact Geelong don’t have a top 10 pick sounds more like a you problem than an us problem and expect it to play out as such.

He played the 2021 finals series (arguably his best footy) mainly as a half forward / 5th on baller with lower game time on ball than 3-4 other dogs midfielders. This is a lazy statement made by too many people making assumptions.

This bloke is the certified new Dodds. BAZooka might be the next in a long line of Geelong mature aged draftees to flourish. Grab him in the draft and yabba dabba doo!
Poor lad been played out of position. Now held captive by Sam 'home brand Mackdog' Power.
#FreeBazlenka

We've have nothing to trade that would land it
This is a very simple but important point and gets to the crux of how broken the system is. Should a club be allowed to “trade” for a player they can’t “afford”. Surely some value has to be placed on out of contract players who haven’t reached FA. For another thread though as this isn’t unique to Geelong.

None a deal will get done this is just discussion around his value.
My opinion is this trade plays out very, very similar to Jordan Clark at a higher value.

Promising young first round pick. Pushed to the wing from his preferred position. Injury hiccup. Percieved falling out with the coaches though this is contested (rumour Scarlett basically sacked over it).

Cats asked for freos pick 8 which was rejected the same way we'll not go out and get a top 10. Went to the last minute Freo gave up what became 21, we gave them a third and a they gave back a 4th.

I think the only difference is that the cats give a pick that becomes 19 and gives up the current 38 with some who cares at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back