Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

i mean Liam Baker got pick 14, dont even start me on Rioli.....and this undeniable gun is only 23?????

To be fair to the Cats it’s been 2 years since he was a “gun”. Is 17 that far off its probably in the ballpark

He's probably worth a pick around 12 so I think it should be 17 + F2 for Smith

Dogs would still be disappointed as Smith can and will be a much better player then that but also factors in his poor form and injuries the last 2 years.

He's probably worth a pick around 12 so I think it should be 17 + F2 for Smith

Dogs would still be disappointed as Smith can and will be a much better player then that but also factors in his poor form and injuries the last 2 years.

The issue is I'm not sure a pick 35ish is a good enough pick to consider an upgrade from 17 (which will become pick 20) to 12. That is a significant jump of which you'd be happy to do that.

Point to points systems all we like but the talent levels drop off quite signfiicantly in the teens that I'm more confident that pick 12 is a much better player than pick 20 than I am confident that pick 35 is a better player than the player the Dogs could take in the SSP as a delisted or undrafted player.

The issue is I'm not sure a pick 35ish is a good enough pick to consider an upgrade from 17 (which will become pick 20) to 12. That is a significant jump of which you'd be happy to do that.

Point to points systems all we like but the talent levels drop off quite signfiicantly in the teens that I'm more confident that pick 12 is a much better player than pick 20 than I am confident that pick 35 is a better player than the player the Dogs could take in the SSP as a delisted or undrafted player.
I rather try and get three picks inside the top 35, than trade them out just to get one lone pick higher up the order.

If we can nab Kennedy, XOH, get three draft picks inside the top 35, without weakening our hand next year (have a first and second round pick at the minimum). I will be quite content.

If the Barrass deal falls over, I wonder if Hawks would offer one of below for smith

1. F1 + F2 ( Hawks or Blues, Dog's choice)
2. F1+ 2 F2's with Dogs F3 back

and variations and unlikely offer of 2 F1's

n. 2 F1's for a F2 and Dogs highest 2nd round pick now coming back

If the Barrass deal falls over, I wonder if Hawks would offer one of below for smith

Barass deal will get done they always leave one silly deal for the Fox Footy coverage

I think the only way dogs get what they want is that they come to the party to pry Oliver out of Dees.

Cats 17 & F1 get Oliver & Smith F2
Dogs Macrae F2 & 25 from Daniel get 9 & 59
Dees Oliver & 9 get 17 25 F1
Sign me up, but this is too good for the Cats and feels like Melbourne getting reamed. If this was a realistic chance I think the F2 also goes to Melbourne

I think the only way dogs get what they want is that they come to the party to pry Oliver out of Dees.

Cats 17 & F1 get Oliver & Smith F2
Dogs Macrae F2 & 25 from Daniel get 9 & 59
Dees Oliver & 9 get 17 25 F1
**** right off with this shit.

Any deal the Hawks offer is likely to be better than what the cats offer, so we'd take it.

I highly doubt that occurs so late in the piece though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point. The points system doesn't reflect real value. That said, I think if Geelong throws in an f2 it gets to the point where you can't send him to the psd. Just giving up to much. Need to take it even if it's not a great deal.

Any deal the Hawks offer is likely to be better than what the cats offer, so we'd take it.

I highly doubt that occurs so late in the piece though.
Actually think this is a chance since we are trying to get a F3 back in F1+F2 trade for Barass.

We can't trade our f1+F2 to you without holding a F2. So this F3 may help to break the deadlock.

Must be the reason why the Barrass trade is draggggging along. I am told we may fold and settle for no F3 and just give F1+F2

But not sure if Dogs will take the below

F1+swap of F2's + F4 for Smith. Maybe swap our 33 for your 35 too.

Actually think this is a chance since we are trying to get a F3 back in F1+F2 trade for Barass.

We can't trade our f1+F2 to you without holding a F2. So this F3 may help to break the deadlock.

Must be the reason why the Barrass trade is draggggging along. I am told we may fold and settle for no F3 and just give F1+F2

But not sure if Dogs will take the below

F1+swap of F2's + F4 for Smith. Maybe swap our 33 for your 35 too.
Given Geelong have only posted their existing R1 pick which is going to be pushed back into the 20s post bidding, we would definitely negotiate of the Hawks knocked.

Has Smith come out and also nominated Hawthorn? Good luck with that scenario..
It's a hypothetical posed by a hawk fan. I was responding to it.

7.30 can’t come quick enough
titles GIF

Let's face it this one will probably be announced at 8

Trade period closes at 7.30pm

No information released about Smith

Cuts to 15 minutes of ads

Back to 15 mins of discussion about Bailey Smith going to the draft

Wait, we are just getting news that Bailey Smith has been traded to Geelong for pick 17, Geelong will also give up their future second with the Dogs future third going to the Cats. Paper work was lodged at 7.29pm*

* After being signed off on Mondy morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith - Reportedly headed to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back