Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong will paint the Dogs into a corner like they did the Pies with Henry. Their first move will be to trade a future second in an unrelated deal so their future first is not available to trade.
I think in the Henry case it was a future second to Brisbane for picks.
Incidentally didn’t Brisbane also do similar in the Dunkley trade?
you mean Geelong fattened up the deal for Collingwood by trading up picks. Pies were never, ever getting 2 firsts for O Henry lmfao

From menory we traded 38 55 a future 2nd and future 4th for 25 to bris (bris got a good deal there and i think they used one of our picks in the dunkley deal).
I think to be fair we would offer 15 and a future 2nd to the dogs (thats good faith) before we do what you are suggesting.
We would only then trade the future 2nd away and lock the future 1st if things were clearly at an impasse etc.
Only thing is future picks are worth less specially in this years draft where 70 players are expected to be selected
your F2 might fall to around 30-35 but would only get a pick around 50-55 in this years draft

I do too but depends if Doggies think it’s enough or want to drag it out.

15 and 35 is 1634 points or equivalent to Pick 8 right?

Not bad for an OOC player who hasn’t played in over a year.

View attachment 2118845
Never go full points. The Dogs don't need points. It's worth about pick 18 on trade night (will be 20 and 40).

It reminds me a lot of Henry.

More than a few Pies supporters were huffing and puffing about "Pick 7 or we'll send him to the draft!" and in the end Collingwood accepted Pick 25.

If a player is out of contract and determined to leave, their existing club is in a weak position. That's not some nuffie Geelong conspiracy, that's just the facts.
We didn't accept just pick 25.

I do too but depends if Doggies think it’s enough or want to drag it out.

15 and 35 is 1634 points or equivalent to Pick 8 right?

Not bad for an OOC player who hasn’t played in over a year.

View attachment 2118845
#1) The points system is laughable and anyone who uses it as "fair value" is out of touch. (like a politician out of touch)
#2) WB should ask for this years 1st, 2025 1st with a 2nd rounder as a minimum.

In reality that will look something like #20, #20 and #35. And without any high pick that still seems like unders for what would be essentially be your best player for the next 8 years.

#1) The points system is laughable and anyone who uses it as "fair value" is out of touch. (like a politician out of touch)

In reality that will look something like #20, #20 and #35. And without any high pick that still seems like unders for what would be essentially be your best player for the next 8 years.

Really. Maybe we didn't have the best year this year but really.

A bloke on the Cats Board, who is " supposed to be in the know" saying Bailey Smith will announce Geelong within in the next 48 hours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond could have 4 picks by then at this rate. If they end up with 12ish I reckon they'd strongly consider it. They either convince him to stay long term or get a nice trade piece.

Im not sure. They are going to have enough trouble convincing any mature player to go there in the next 4-5 years with how bad they will be onfield. If they make an enemy out of the biggest management group going around (connors will throw his weight around if it gets to that stage) good luck recruiting.

I would have worried about hawks but they wont have a pick.
I actually reckon the one club that might try is st kilda. They need mids and ross and silvagni strike me as arrogant enough to think they can take a player against his will and make it work.

Still i dont think it will get to this stage anyway.

Geelong has the absolute whip hand here, and the Dogs know it.
Nobody else interested, Smith was headed to the Hawks six months ago, but their interest cooled mid-season when it became apparent that Barrass (a far more important player to the Hawks needs) would be available. Smith only ever had interest in moving to Hawks or Cats, so only one option left on the table.
Cats will get him with their first round pick and won't need anything else.

Geelong has the absolute whip hand here, and the Dogs know it.
Nobody else interested, Smith was headed to the Hawks six months ago, but their interest cooled mid-season when it became apparent that Barrass (a far more important player to the Hawks needs) would be available. Smith only ever had interest in moving to Hawks or Cats, so only one option left on the table.
Cats will get him with their first round pick and won't need anything else.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself that Hawks were the ones that turned him down?

You sound very upset by a simple points system…Bulldogs can ask for that all they like. Bailey is Out of Contract and hasn’t played in 12 months so they don’t have leverage here.

Oh and best player for the next 8 years? Not like we had a 21 year old in AA contention, the Rising Star winner, a bunch of 22 under 22 players, a 5 time All Australian….

No no Baz is the saviour!…of a side that finished top 4 and within 10 points of a Grand Final lol

Richmond could have 4 picks by then at this rate. If they end up with 12ish I reckon they'd strongly consider it. They either convince him to stay long term or get a nice trade piece.
I doubt we would take him unless in to the 20's simply because he wouldnt want to be at Richmond

#15 + F2 is a good deal under the circumstances , It it was pick 10-12 would have been perfect but 35 kind of makes it ok

Are you trying to convince us or yourself that Hawks were the ones that turned him down?
He's right. Smith wanted us but our interest changed once the team started to win games of footy and an area we thought was a weakness isn't anymore. There's flexibility to move players around where Smith would have slotted in if that makes sense. Barass became a much bigger priority when it became apparent in some of our games what we are lacking right now. Battle was already being spoken to but we needed more. Good luck to Baz at Geelong. He will take over from Danger as the number 1 man in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back