Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RATS are always the first to leave a sinking ship !
No one could ever underestimate what Serge is and means to the Sunbury Football Club. He was a great coach and cared more about his players than any other coach I worked with, he coached for bugger all money, got players jobs, gave and taught alot to all players at the club. Love him or hate him, he and Grif along with Chooka are the heart and sole of the club, we all make mistakes, but I bet any club would love to have Serge coach them. Sunbury lack continuity, u cant sack all the coaches and bring in out of towners, they know no one, they cant recruit because the trick to recruiting is convincing mates to come along and play. The common rule is if you appoint a new senior coach, then u maintain the core of the support staff, especially if the other coaches take teams to finals,nothing more scary than players walking into the club and not knowing any of the coaches or staff,or any of the coaches knowing any of the players, like the first day of school. Sunbury will survive, numbers will improve, just a long year ahead, wont hurt them, all clubs need to experiance pain to really appreciate gain.

No one could ever underestimate what Serge is and means to the Sunbury Football Club. He was a great coach and cared more about his players than any other coach I worked with, he coached for bugger all money, got players jobs, gave and taught alot to all players at the club. Love him or hate him, he and Grif along with Chooka are the heart and sole of the club, we all make mistakes, but I bet any club would love to have Serge coach them. Sunbury lack continuity, u cant sack all the coaches and bring in out of towners, they know no one, they cant recruit because the trick to recruiting is convincing mates to come along and play. The common rule is if you appoint a new senior coach, then u maintain the core of the support staff, especially if the other coaches take teams to finals,nothing more scary than players walking into the club and not knowing any of the coaches or staff,or any of the coaches knowing any of the players, like the first day of school. Sunbury will survive, numbers will improve, just a long year ahead, wont hurt them, all clubs need to experiance pain to really appreciate gain.

Who said anything about Serge ?
My comment was directed at the Fair weather supporters that hang around a club like Groupies & arrogantly spruik through the good times, then throw their hands up & say " not my club " when times get a bit tough !
And then try & excuse their actions by diverting attention onto something else under another one of their many guises........ = Coward !

Serge retired, he was always going to retire at the end of last year.
When someone who has been with any club for a long time retires, of course there is rebuilding.
Libba does care about having a good team, just watch the season before commenting, especially all the people commenting who no nothing about the club and what is going on this year. Sunbury will be competitive, but if you don't think they will be that's fine, all the other clubs will have a greater chance.

Serge retired, he was always going to retire at the end of last year.
When someone who has been with any club for a long time retires, of course there is rebuilding.
Libba does care about having a good team, just watch the season before commenting, especially all the people commenting who no nothing about the club and what is going on this year. Sunbury will be competitive, but if you don't think they will be that's fine, all the other clubs will have a greater chance.

sunbury will be fine strong kids coming through :thumbsu:
libba has a good head on his shoulders thats if the Bulldogs cheer squad dosent get hold of him and knock it off ??
re building maybe south can send Shanks over and help the progress
or is the Littlewoods job now isnt he coaching the twos at sunbury
ex South pres & Bfl board member that may give them a helping hand

Sunbury 2's would have played finals last year. The bottom 4 are terrible. Still should play finals but like Melton last year just making up the numbers.

Did pretty good pushing the eventual premiers to 3 goals in the qualifying final for a "side making up numbers"!

Did pretty good pushing the eventual premiers to 3 goals in the qualifying final for a "side making up numbers"!

I was saying the Sunbury two's would have played finals in the senior comp last year as the bottom 4 sides were terrible. Never thought they were making up the numbers in the 07 finasl series.

My comment was directed at the Fair weather supporters that hang around a club like Groupies & arrogantly spruik through the good times, then throw their hands up & say " not my club " when times get a bit tough !
And then try & excuse their actions by diverting attention onto something else under another one of their many guises........ = Coward !

Typical know it all newbie - maybe do some research and look at most posts - I always said I am a Gisborne supporter. Serge is a good friend so I would get to Sunbury games that did not clash with the Gisborne games. Also helped out Serge a couple of times to get some electrical work completed at my house. So if that makes me a fair weather supporter I could not really give a fat rats clackers a$$hole.

Speaking of groupies - click on Banggoal1's 9 posts. 7 of then are in reply to something I have posted. If you looking for a anything more than friendship from me you need to look else where. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sure you name should not be changed to Bangboys1?

If Darley is such a great club why don't they build a proper bloddy changing rome for opposition teams. disgrace

They are buddy and should be finished for the first home game of the season barring any more council hold ups. Basically stage 2 will include new away rooms and netball change rooms for the ladies attached to the existing social club.

Only a 10 step walk for clubs to come in for a beer after the game - even east point and melton south.

Hope that keeps you happy. Surely the old pigeon shed is better than wendouree, sunbury & melton souths away facilities. Might be falling down but has some size.

:thumbsu:
They are buddy and should be finished for the first home game of the season barring any more council hold ups. Basically stage 2 will include new away rooms and netball change rooms for the ladies attached to the existing social club.

Only a 10 step walk for clubs to come in for a beer after the game - even east point and melton south.

Hope that keeps you happy. Surely the old pigeon shed is better than wendouree, sunbury & melton souths away facilities. Might be falling down but has some size.
Vineyard, I think you will find that with a new coach & president eastpoint will be in for a drink this year for sure.
Think emotions were running a little high last season after a few on field incidents and mistake made by not attending after match regardless.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical know it all newbie - maybe do some research and look at most posts - I always said I am a Gisborne supporter. Serge is a good friend so I would get to Sunbury games that did not clash with the Gisborne games. Also helped out Serge a couple of times to get some electrical work completed at my house. So if that makes me a fair weather supporter I could not really give a fat rats clackers a$$hole.

Speaking of groupies - click on Banggoal1's 9 posts. 7 of then are in reply to something I have posted. If you looking for a anything more than friendship from me you need to look else where. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sure you name should not be changed to Bangboys1?

Groupie, Coward......... and a Name Dropper !
Hey you ever do anything without having a " Get Out " mate ?

There are a few articles in the Courier today about movements in the BFL. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of them are online though. There wasn't anything very dramatic, mostly just talking about player movements.

Talking about after match, what are the better clubs Vineyard for sharing a beer with an opposition team? I watched a mate play east and there was only a handful of east reserves players having a beer and no senior players?

On the Transfer List it has the Ryan brothers moving to the Marsh. What do they stand to gain from this? An extra $50 a game and not a win for the year? And 1 of em at best is a 2s player for any other side in the BFL. Don't think its a big gain for the Carpet Pythons

whats everyones thoughts on Libba? is he going to be alot of money spent for no real gain? i would have thought sunbury would have the ability to attract some AFL experience guns but seems as though the big name coach is struggling to do that. would still expect the lions to be in the top 2 come seasons end though.

On the Transfer List it has the Ryan brothers moving to the Marsh. What do they stand to gain from this? An extra $50 a game and not a win for the year? And 1 of em at best is a 2s player for any other side in the BFL. Don't think its a big gain for the Carpet Pythons

young Glenny has got a bit to far ahead of him self ?
Bendigo Bombers to the Marsh

what the hell is he thinking

at Melton you need to earn your stripes under 18 champs dont always cut it:D toughen up do the hard yards

Talking about after match, what are the better clubs Vineyard for sharing a beer with an opposition team? I watched a mate play east and there was only a handful of east reserves players having a beer and no senior players?

I reckon the best places to have a beer are Redan (anything alcoholic after getting pumped helps), melton and bacchus marsh (winning beers).

Getting into the wendouree social clubs is also good as it is the only modern facility at the ground.

What are your thoughts???

I reckon the best places to have a beer are Redan (anything alcoholic after getting pumped helps), melton and bacchus marsh (winning beers).

Getting into the wendouree social clubs is also good as it is the only modern facility at the ground.

What are your thoughts???
Overall i'd have to say Darley, feel like your going to get killed whilst playing/watching but as soon as final siren goes it becomes a friendly and social atmosphere and a always a interesting trip back to melbourne!

Overall i'd have to say Darley, feel like your going to get killed whilst playing/watching but as soon as final siren goes it becomes a friendly and social atmosphere and a always a interesting trip back to melbourne!
i agree

everyone is welcome in the rooms after the game, even during the game

from

whats everyones thoughts on Libba? is he going to be alot of money spent for no real gain? i would have thought sunbury would have the ability to attract some AFL experience guns but seems as though the big name coach is struggling to do that. would still expect the lions to be in the top 2 come seasons end though.

I believe he has been told to blood the local young talent. But, if numbers continue the way they are, he may need to make a few phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back