Media BastFeed (LATEST: We Are Going Bankrupt)

Remove this Banner Ad

I get it, you like vanilla because it represents you.

You are not everyone, get used to the idea and you will find more happiness in this place.

If you followed your method (using the Top 2 from each club from GWS Goose's thread) the Qooty Tour thread would have looked like the following (split up into was was on the tour & not on the tour):

On Tour
Brenton Davy
Callums_Guns
damicky
DenieD (moved clubs, so TiF took his spot for Warriors, but was still on tour)
GREENESHOOTS
jackster83
krakouers
philreich
serial_thrilla
Suns Supreme (represented the Bears instead of the Roys)
thewizardmelon
T2B_
Tonga Bob

Not on Tour
Agent93 (replaced by eth-dog and/or akkaps due to connections on different boards)
Broken (who was on holidays over the summer, replaced by various Bears including Millky95 & Suns depending on opposition)
croweater 41 (replaced by Mozzie19 as Wonders C)
Elton Johns Wig (replaced by various Furies as EJW changed clubs)
GWS Goose (replaced by DenieD as Gumbies C)
Kilroy (replaced by Metalcrusher )
MC Bad Genius (replaced by PMBangers as MC Bad changed clubs)
Mobbs (league veteran, presumably not interested due to role with OOB-- replaced by super recruiter Dingster)
Riviat (replaced by Barrybran as Gumbies VC)
RobR (replaced by CursingFijian)
tony (replaced by the legendary JoshWoodenSpoon as Bears rep)

Of the 11 "Rate the opposition" posters, how many do you think weren't given the opportunity to go on the tour if they were interested?

Removing autonomy from clubs for the sake of change because you dislike the composition of the Qooty tour squad is ridiculous. Clubs should choose who represents them-- as the clubs know their identity and their recruiting aims more than opposition.

If you followed your method (using the Top 2 from each club from GWS Goose's thread) the Qooty Tour thread would have looked like the following (split up into was was on the tour & not on the tour):

On Tour
Brenton Davy
Callums_Guns
damicky
DenieD (moved clubs, so TiF took his spot for Warriors, but was still on tour)
GREENESHOOTS
jackster83
krakouers
philreich
serial_thrilla
Suns Supreme (represented the Bears instead of the Roys)
thewizardmelon
T2B_
Tonga Bob

Not on Tour
Agent93 (replaced by eth-dog and/or akkaps due to connections on different boards)
Broken (who was on holidays over the summer, replaced by various Bears including Millky95 & Suns depending on opposition)
croweater 41 (replaced by Mozzie19 as Wonders C)
Elton Johns Wig (replaced by various Furies as EJW changed clubs)
GWS Goose (replaced by DenieD as Gumbies C)
Kilroy (replaced by Metalcrusher )
MC Bad Genius (replaced by PMBangers as MC Bad changed clubs)
Mobbs (league veteran, presumably not interested due to role with OOB-- replaced by super recruiter Dingster)
Riviat (replaced by Barrybran as Gumbies VC)
RobR (replaced by CursingFijian)
tony (replaced by the legendary JoshWoodenSpoon as Bears rep)

Of the 11 "Rate the opposition" posters, how many do you think weren't given the opportunity to go on the tour if they were interested?

Removing autonomy from clubs for the sake of change because you dislike the composition of the Qooty tour squad is ridiculous. Clubs should choose who represents them-- as the clubs know their identity and their recruiting aims more than opposition.
Is the tour designed to collectively create interest in the SFA whereby players join a rookie pool for all teams to woo or is it for teams to selfishly pursue players for themselves?

Is the tour designed to collectively create interest in the SFA whereby players join a rookie pool for all teams to woo or is it for teams to selfishly pursue players for themselves?
Don't think anyone knows tbh

Nice deflection— you didn’t answer my question.

I showed you how the “GWS Rate the opposition” Tour team would look like & explained that in my opinion the majority of those would have been offered an opportunity to go on the tour.

Why do you think taking the control away from clubs to decide who represents them is a good idea for minimal change?

Nice deflection— you didn’t answer my question.

I showed you how the “GWS Rate the opposition” Tour team would look like & explained that in my opinion the majority of those would have been offered an opportunity to go on the tour.

Why do you think taking the control away from clubs to decide who represents them is a good idea for minimal change?
No point answering your question if it turns out I misunderstood the purpose of the tour.

Answer my question and I can answer yours.

No point answering your question if it turns out I misunderstood the purpose of the tour.

Answer my question and I can answer yours.

It’s your third season in the league and the second in an LG. It’s not my responsibility to teach you about the SFA mate.

Ask one of your team mates to explain it to you.

It’s your third season in the league and the second in an LG. It’s not my responsibility to teach you about the SFA mate.

Ask one of your team mates to explain it to you.
Well, that was unhelpful.

Ok Numbnuts, will give you an answer based on my guess that the tour is to benefit the SFA as a whole.

Leaving the selection of tour players to captains, who as you infer will pick players to suit their teams recruiting needs, is exactly why the SFA tour has had minimal success recently.

The reason to use something like the votes from opposition players is to take the most engaging/likeable players on tour so those who don’t know the league get interested.

Once players express their interest, it is up to the captains to “sell” their club and bid for the services of players in the rookie pool.

Ok Numbnuts, will give you an answer based on my guess that the tour is to benefit the SFA as a whole.

Leaving the selection of tour players to captains, who as you infer will pick players to suit their teams recruiting needs, is exactly why the SFA tour has had minimal success recently.

The reason to use something like the votes from opposition players is to take the most engaging/likeable players on tour so those who don’t know the league get interested.

Once players express their interest, it is up to the captains to “sell” their club and bid for the services of players in the rookie pool.

See, you’re making some actual decent points here.

Imo, they should be selected by the admin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.

The tours do not work because we send the living dead over and pray that campaigners will take pity on us. Send over a crack team of funny campaigners and watch the sign up thread go ****ing boom!

Exactly.

The tours do not work because we send the living dead over and pray that campaigners will take pity on us. Send over a crack team of funny campaigners and watch the sign up thread go ******* boom!
Ye shall start yer owns tour mate.

Can't get it sanctioned mate and without that I'm not interested.
Mighty, ye care about gettin' SFA sanctioned? I thought ye we be better than that.
Look at the utter mouth breathers in the committee cabin, they dunno shit. Jus' do it.

Ye shall start yer owns tour mate.
The Bombers had their pseudo tour of the Saints board, whilst a fun thread it seems most of them just enjoyed the idea of it on just the Saints board

Mighty, ye care about gettin' SFA sanctioned? I thought ye we be better than that.
Look at the utter mouth breathers in the committee cabin, they dunno sh*t. Jus' do it.
Tried that in my first season.

By the reactions to it, would have been less traumatic if we had offered to shoot and eat Bambi, nuke a small island nation and embrace North Korea as our new overlords.

But as I showed above I compared the actual Qooty tour squad with your idea (taking the top 2 from each club from GWS Goose’s rate the oppo squad) the team wouldn’t look that different.

13/24 players would have been the same. The majority of the squad was the “most engaging/likeable players” and the rest were typically sent for a reason.

So let’s go back in a circular action, as you have avoided this— if we look at the 11 “most engaging/likeable” players that weren’t on the tour, which of those do you think wanted to participate on it, weren’t given the opportunity by their clubs?

You’re welcome to throw out a new concept, but if you can’t explain how it’s different in reality to what was already done, then it’s just an ineffective idea.

But as I showed above I compared the actual Qooty tour squad with your idea (taking the top 2 from each club from GWS Goose’s rate the oppo squad) the team wouldn’t look that different.

13/24 players would have been the same. The majority of the squad was the “most engaging/likeable players” and the rest were typically sent for a reason.

So let’s go back in a circular action, as you have avoided this— if we look at the 11 “most engaging/likeable” players that weren’t on the tour, which of those do you think wanted to participate on it, weren’t given the opportunity by their clubs?

You’re welcome to throw out a new concept, but if you can’t explain how it’s different in reality to what was already done, then it’s just an ineffective idea.
Changing half the squad makes a big difference. If you can’t see that, then no one can help you understand.

Your lack of comprehension is both an asset to your bid and a liability to your reign

It is a joke bid Jabberer. Don't fall for it.

Even Bangers' Teddy Bear rolled it's glassy eyes.

Changing half the squad makes a big difference. If you can’t see that, then no one can help you understand.

So of the 11 posters who were replaced, can you explain to me which ones would have made a significant impact on the quality of the touring party (note: this isn’t a diss at the ones who missed out, some of those posters are my favourites in the league)

I think ranting about the Qooty tour after it’s just finished & not being able to provide a real alternative (one that holds up to discussion, not just a one sentence idea) is lazy and complaining for the sake of complaining.

So of the 11 posters who were replaced, can you explain to me which ones would have made a significant impact on the quality of the touring party (note: this isn’t a diss at the ones who missed out, some of those posters are my favourites in the league)

I think ranting about the Qooty tour after it’s just finished & not being able to provide a real alternative (one that holds up to discussion, not just a one sentence idea) is lazy and complaining for the sake of complaining.
Why did you change clubs if it has no impact on either squad?

All players are interchangeable according to your logic.

D110DF59-041D-4AC1-BC05-3EF1624699E0.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Media BastFeed (LATEST: We Are Going Bankrupt)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back