BBL Game 4 Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ Kardinia Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a poor slot all round but even if we did have a slot there isn't enough money in it to get Kohli or the best over here.

They’d get more in a better timselot.

I’m tipping you’ve never played on a wet wicket with a bowler of pace and been standing at the other end? Everything that you’ve trained yourself to do gets thrown out the window, the ball pops off a length, takes divots out of the pitch, it’s a lottery not a game. Cricket and rain/ water do not mix
Grade cricket every weekend

We need it in Chrismas holidays otherwise they'd get no crowds

I agree but condense it. I take yesterday it’s a Saturday why isn’t there a double header on at least?

Just hope for better weather leading to the KP fixture next season

If we played here Thursday night instead of in Sydney, likely no issue due to good weather in the lead up, and similar if it was played in a week's time as next weekend is looking pretty nice

Shit happened this time - it won't stop future games being played here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a poor slot all round but even if we did have a slot there isn't enough money in it to get Kohli or the best over here.

No Indians play anywhere.

Feel like we were getting good internationals and then a few chose Bangladesh for more money but the introduction of the SA one and the UAE one with the Indian owners and significantly more money has are taking all the best now.

Why the hell do they play down there when it could have been at Marvel. They ony get 5 home games and they are called the MELBOURNE Renegades. Was going to go down there tonight. Glad I didnt bother. Got to say, that game was abandoned on some pretty soft evidence.

I agree but condense it. I take yesterday it’s a Saturday why isn’t there a double header on at least?

The WBBL has more games in their season and I'm pretty sure it's over in a shorter period than the BBL - they need to start with a better schedule for the BBL, things like the Gades now having a 10 day break is a joke

Sydney Grade you get worse pitches then this weekly basis, not every game but often
I played in Sydney Grade - albeit a few years ago - wouldn’t have played on that - have played on worse but not wet patches in one spot - player safety is a big thing now - sign off on that CA Safety declaration and it’s on your head

So why keep players in a position where a freak accident is more likely? I get people want a game but better to call it off BEFORE someone gets hit not after

Because you can’t eradicate risk. Yes, you can minimise it. I can’t say this with any mathematical certainty but there is probably every chance that a player dies standing at the non strikers end copping a smashed drive from their teammate as they do from a delivery that lands, pops, jags, and bounces right into someone’s neck at the striker’s end

Remove this Banner Ad

BBL Game 4 Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ Kardinia Park

Back