BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

On The Final Siren tonight we'll be running through all the fixtures from the local leagues around Geelong, dissecting the issues that have arisen after some interesting results in all three competitions. We'll also be joined by East Geelong coach Adam Skrobolak to discuss the Ricky O'Toole move, and want your thoughts about the fixturing for local football. Should we see more night football, and also a feature or match-of-the-round game on a Sunday? Along with everything local, we'll chat about all the AFL News, so join us from 8-9pm on 94.7, The Pulse FM

does anyone here rate Michael Folwkes from torquay, good marking ability and great in front of goal, but very inconsistent (09 final seris)

does anyone here rate Michael Folwkes from torquay, good marking ability and great in front of goal, but very inconsistent (09 final seris)

I think he's the key to them playing finals this year. It looks like those bottom two spots in the top five are going to be pretty hotly contested, but if he can have a 60 goal plus season then the Tigers should be right. As you say he is prone to having a good game then a below par one, but he is one of the most talented forwards in the comp when he's on song.

and also why did Richard Breisch leave torquay, he seemed to be getting a game and doing pretty well

and also why did Richard Breisch leave torquay, he seemed to be getting a game and doing pretty well

He's moved to Point Lonsdale I believe and has family down there. Travis Knights, who is an ex-Torquay teammate of Richard's also took over at BH. I'm fairly sure it was a move for his family though.

:footy: Make sure you tune in to a bumper edition of The Final Siren on 94.7, The Pulse tonight from 8-9pm. We'll speak to Leopold coach Aaron Greaves about his team's 2-0 start to the season and the prospect of more night footy, Queenscliff coach Heath Jamieson will join us to chat about his side's hammering of Barwon Heads and Geelong Falcons Regional Manager Mick Turner will be on the line to chat about the 21 Falcons players who were selected in the initial Vic Country Squad. You can join us to chat about any issues on 52225947. Don't forget to become a fan on Facebook as well!

How about the arrogance of the Ammos. Stumbled accross this on their website. I have highlighted the relevant parts.

In 2008 the senior side broke a long drought and brought home the Bellarine Football League premiership. The game was played at Spring Creek Reserve in Torquay against the Torquay side. It was a run away win to the Ammos and set up what everyone thought would be back to back premierships in 2009. The side had sensational success in the home and away games of 2009 and went through the year dropping only a couple of games. The Ammos went into the grand final as hot favourites against the Drysdale side who were never really considered to be a realistic chance of beating the star studded Geelong Amateur side. Unfortunately someone forgot to tell Drysdale that and ‘The Hawks’ pulled off what will always be remembered as a hard fought and surprising victory for the Drysdale club. Season 2010 sees the senior side with a new resolve to reclaim the premiership cup and to put aside the dissapointment of last years loss in the grand final. There have been some changes in the sides personel having lost some valuable players to other clubs. However the senior leadership and coaching staff believe that the players who have joined the club this year will more than make up for those losses. The Ammos are on the prowl with only one objective in 2010, to bring the cup back to Queens Park where it belongs

I can see why they lost the grand final last year. Way to arrogant. And it appears they are the same again. Will they ever learn.

3 ammos sides came to the hawks nest today, all went home crying! Wonder if half the supporters decided to stay at queens park to celebrate losing like grand final day last year, expecting the win!!

3 ammos sides came to the hawks nest today, all went home crying! Wonder if half the supporters decided to stay at queens park to celebrate losing like grand final day last year, expecting the win!!
why is andrew fergusson playing reserves... they dont call him the freak for nothing.. 2 games 2 best on's surely he'd be in drysdales best 22

And to quote the Ammos coach from the paper, it wasnt the be all and end all for them to win against Drysdale. Not sure what thats all about but i would have thought knocking off one of the top teams would be pretty important. I see the Drysdale 2's had a huge win as well. Great day for those cocky Ammos.

And to quote the Ammos coach from the paper, it wasnt the be all and end all for them to win against Drysdale. Not sure what thats all about but i would have thought knocking off one of the top teams would be pretty important. I see the Drysdale 2's had a huge win as well. Great day for those cocky Ammos.

Got to love seeing those stuck up w***ers getting a touch-up in all grades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit harsh on fergy there mate, showed up at drysdale 4-5 weeks ago, just following club policy on training requirements, comes to the extra sessions for injured/not picked players (10-15 miss out each week at drysdale), would be looking good for a ones spot in the next few weeks i'd say!

big game this week now. Drys v Queenscliff should be a good one!

I see on the GFL thread there interleague squad has been named, has the BFL been named and if so does anyone know where i can find the list?? Tried the footy geelong websites but no luck. Cheers...

absolutely rates himself
says u doggah who is one of the most arrogant people getting around
laughable that quote is. And the word around portarlington is that none of the board are too happy with u or ged. Ged being nick named tampon for 1 week in 3 weeks out u may find the contract is cut short

Hey Brutes, you sound like you are really in the know in regards to Port. Where do you get your info from? It's easy to say you have heard this or that but unless it is backed up it is really just cheap talk.
The coach was injured so not much he could do for 2 weeks. All not going great at Port at present but they have added many new players to the side and they deserve to be given some time to develop as a team even though it was hard to watch the two 100pt plus losses recently. Maybe some player positional changes may be required?????
The board selected and signed off on the coach so they need to stand by him, especially this early on in his term so I seriously doubt what you are saying has too much credibiity.
I am happy to stand corrected though.

Hey Brutes, you sound like you are really in the know in regards to Port. Where do you get your info from? It's easy to say you have heard this or that but unless it is backed up it is really just cheap talk.
The coach was injured so not much he could do for 2 weeks. All not going great at Port at present but they have added many new players to the side and they deserve to be given some time to develop as a team even though it was hard to watch the two 100pt plus losses recently. Maybe some player positional changes may be required?????
The board selected and signed off on the coach so they need to stand by him, especially this early on in his term so I seriously doubt what you are saying has too much credibiity.
I am happy to stand corrected though.
say too much

Im not going to say too much but i have 2 people im really close too that are involved heavily with the club also i am a past player at the club and have 10 or more close friends playing in the senior side now, i have not been playing for a few years because of work commitments. It isnt just cheap talk it is hard facts so unless you are either a new player chasing money or heavily involved with club i suggest you shouldnt have much to say in the matter, i dont mind the 2 100 pt plus beatings because they are 2 very good sides and port realistically are no where near that mark. Maybe a few postitional changes may work but we can argue for hours about how we can improve our on field results. i was simply saying doggah should try earn respect at the club before trying to say anyone is arrogant. The players are getting fed up with the coach and assistant coach and with no faith how are portarlington going to transform to an OK side to a really good side?

G'day Brutes.

No I am not a player chasing money, just a keen supporter of the club. My kids play junior footy at Port and I am involved at the junior level quite heavily but I have no senior involvement.
You are obviously someone who has past involvement at the club and your comments sound fair so no worries with you having a say.
I just wondered if you were someone potting the club while they are under the pump.
I do disagree with the two 100pt floggings though. I know Port aren't at the standard of Drysdale and Queenscliff in terms of player personal but there is no way Port are a 100pt plus worse side than them. In both games they seemed to play with little spirit or endeavour which adds weight to your comments here.
Lets hope the club / team can sort itself out quickly, starting this Saturday at Grove.
Maybe the players should lock themselves in a room and lay it all out on the table to the coaches and each other. Something obviously needs to change.

Yes you are certainly right port are not 100 points off the mark with q cliff and drys.
As i said earlier from all reports players are not getting along with coaches and coaching staff. i as much as anyone would love to see port thereabouts this year and im just sick of getting promised the world with new coaches and players and automatically thinking we are finals contenders. The players are also sick of this.
Maybe as you said they need to have a sit down and nut this all out before things get worse and i do not want to see that happen

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back