List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that being on two coaching appointment panels, hiring two coaches who were terrible, and then not being trusted to be on a third extrapolates into "knows nothing about running a football club". I dunno.
Which two coaches were they?

Hope you don't mind the intrusion...

A year ago Carlton sacked Cain Liddle as CEO; a guy who had done wonders for the club commercially but presided over a horrible period on-field and a couple of coaching failures (including one caretaker who got the permanent gig). Stop me if this sounds familiar....

We appointed Brian Cook as his replacement, a geriatric but someone who had the track record both commercially and football-ially....

Obviously Cook's appointment is only one factor in Carlton's improvement this year, but while I was a fan of Liddle I feel much more reassured with Cook in charge.

Hopefully you guys find an equally highly-qualified replacement as CEO. I would love to see our clubs rise back up the ladder so we are playing for some high-stakes McKay cups in the coming years!!!
You drafting Charlie McKay? Must be. Can't see it being a McKay Cup if both brothers are playing for North in 2023...

Not sure if anyone else has heard similar, but I’m hearing Xavier Campbell will be considered for CEO role.
Nothing concrete, but that’s from someone who has some close contacts as the club.

Not sure how I feel about it tbh..
From a moral stand point....we can't have people from Essendon and more so.....those involved with the drug saga that transpired at that club.

Brayshaw is the MD of Levin Health and here is a vid with Clarko promoting CBD oil - medicinal cannabis. Side note - it is a growth industry! Interesting to see where it goes. Could see it replace property as the players choice of investment!

He was Sales Marketing Manager at Port 97 to 99 and CEO of Tigers 00 to 02. Then Clublinks CEO for 11 years, then Coaches Assoc. CEO for 7 years to 2021.

Tom Harley has been Swans CEO for 3 years and for 4 year prior was their head of football. Worked for Ch 7 and the AFL before that. Has been spoken about for the AFL CEO role.

Looks like we are competing with * again, though could never see Brayshaw there but I reckon * would be interested in Harley.

What a waste of good weed - filling it with CBD...

Not sure if anyone else has heard similar, but I’m hearing Xavier Campbell will be considered for CEO role.
Nothing concrete, but that’s from someone who has some close contacts as the club.

Not sure how I feel about it tbh..
🤢

Do you not think the CEO who oversees the day to day running of the club is mostly responsible for these downfalls? If not who is? Someone needs to take responsibility. There have been some monumental **** ups over the last few years.

Not going to the hub and then allowing a dozen players to be delisted while they were still bunked up at the hub with their families is another one. That sort of operation is absolute trash. The players had barely taken their footy gear off ffs.

Sonja stays because she has been in a prominent role for a short period and she has got results in that period. If her pitch to Clarko failed, with no plan B, she would be in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm sure Sonja will be most humbled by your gracious decision to spare her life. FFS, get over yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a definite sense of inevitability about this. Hopefully, Ben is as comfortable with the outcome as he comes across in his resignation letter. He’s got plenty to be proud of. It just didn’t work out at the end of the day, I suppose. The media will try to stir up animosity. However, they can only be successful if it actually exists. Hopefully, not.

Sonja appears to be successfully walking the tightrope of making tough calls without any obvious recriminations - so far. If we get to the start of the season in the same situation, it will be a phenomenal achievement on her part.

I'm sure Sonja will be most humbled by your gracious decision to spare her life. FFS, get over yourself.

Go have a lie down bud, it’s way past your bedtime.

If you don’t think there was going to be backlash if the Clarko bid failed, then you have rocks in your head.

Go have a lie down bud, it’s way past your bedtime.

If you don’t think there was going to be backlash if the Clarko bid failed, then you have rocks in your head.

Don't worry NJ - a few posters tonight with that TMH poster look of 'wtf just happened' - they just have no idea of the role of a CEO and that Clarko is calling the shots.

Regardless of the wheeling and dealing that always goes on behind the scenes, make no mistake, at the end of the day, everything gets parked at Sonja’s door- the good and the bad. She’s the president, she’s the face, she has to sell it to the media, the public and North folk. Right now, she reigns supreme. Long may she reign. The longer the better for us. Some of us seem to tend towards begrudging her. However, at the end of the day, we all have a vested interest in Sonja’s continued success. Doubtless, there are other crucial roles being played out unnoticed behind the scene. However, these people do not want the spotlight and, therefore, play their role in all of this. The buck stops with Sonja.

Brayshaw seems like a good candidate. Highly unlikely given the volume of work with the IPO at Levin.
In saying that, it could open the door for some very interesting player signing and retention tactics.

Last edited:
Time will tell with all these decisions. Whilst maybe Ben’s time was up anyway it feels like tail wagging the dog, which just doesn’t sit right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry too much about all that. The incels within this group want it to be otherwise but Sonja most certainly has her hands on the controls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back