Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

Alcohol is the most problematic substance use problem we have in the world

DV
Car accidents
Violence in pubs
One punch
Liver
Obesity

It’s all alcohol related

Yes illicit drug use has problems too but seriously come sit in my office for a day

And the AFL is sponsored by beer companies

My point is not that alcohol doesn't have lots of problems associated with it. It does.
My point is that the dangers and negatives of alcohol are long established, medically, culturally, socially etc we know what negatives it produces. Hence we are far less sensitive to the damage it causes. Hence, why people get outraged about meth/mdma/pill/heroin/etc etc abuse and not alcohol abuse.

I'm not defending alcohol. I'm criticising people who react with moral outrage when alcohol is not held to the same harsh standards mdma and meth are. It doesn't make sense that it should be.

My point is not that alcohol doesn't have lots of problems associated with it. It does.
My point is that the dangers and negatives of alcohol are long established, medically, culturally, socially etc we know what negatives it produces. Hence we are far less sensitive to the damage it causes. Hence, why people get outraged about meth/mdma/pill/heroin/etc etc abuse and not alcohol abuse.

I'm not defending alcohol. I'm criticising people who react with moral outrage when alcohol is not held to the same harsh standards mdma and meth are. It doesn't make sense that it should be.

Yup 100% agree

I’d love one alcohol free round of AFL ...SEE who turns up

KIDS GET IN FREE ....FREE PIES ....

Might actually teach people a valuable lesson

Is anyone really going to be surprised. I’m only surprised it’s taken this long.

Kids need to be in the care of other family members.

And that may happen

I work closely with Dcp and my partner works there and they’ll be all over this .....but hat said we see far worse in our days at work ....not condoning this for a second

Dcp are understaffed when you see what’s happening in the suburbs .....dont get me started ...

Drug drivers are everywhere and no amount of policing will stop that ....the amount that get caught is low compared to those doing it ....it’s minda why I laugh at the whole shark debate her in WA

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE our oceans are dam site safer than our roads when you consider what people are driving aroun on .....

Part of my role is o get referrals from wa Police when drug drivers get caught .....man I’m snowed under at the moment ..we seriously have under resourced this problem.

We can’t arret our way out of this drug problem in the community

heck today I’m taking a sickie because I’m so bloody overworked this week ....it’s stressfful on people who work in the field of drugs and children.....massive case loads and time lines are bloody tight

Staying sane ourselves is not easy .....I’m ok with supports and exercise.

Clients I see are no different to Ben and his ex partner .....where you work ...who you are ..how much coin you have doesn’t alter the fact you have a problems ...in fact rich people often think I’ll justngo some expensive rehab in Thailand and get well there ....they fail ....I’ve seen clients relapse after gettting off the plane in Perth.

Kids taken away from biological parents sadly then are traumatised too ....attachment theory

It’s a vicious cycle ...and it’s why Dcp and workers try to keep families together.

Rant over ...hope she, Ben and kids can get their lives together at some point

Based on your experience, if you had to ballpark the chances in terms of %, how likely is it that this would actually happen?

40 % chance. We are funded on outcomes..our percentages and Kpis are scrutinised heavily. The system works by family being used to support first before any court order.

Putting kids in care is last resort not first option.

If you end up with traumatized kids....they end up repeating later...

Everyone trys thier hardest to keep families together

40 % chance. We are funded on outcomes..our percentages and Kpis are scrutinised heavily. The system works by family being used to support first before any court order.

Putting kids in care is last resort not first option.

If you end up with traumatized kids....they end up repeating later...

Everyone trys thier hardest to keep families together
Only my opinion, but there is no way that Ben is a 40% chance of getting over his drug addiction let alone the both of them. I don't have your experience but mate, you blokes would have to be miracle workers to help that guy get better from this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only my opinion, but there is no way that Ben is a 40% chance of getting over his drug addiction let alone the both of them. I don't have your experience but mate, you blokes would have to be miracle workers to help that guy get better from this point.

Its what measurements. If ben can get out if jail. Not go back in.....get a job.

As a worker we do so miracles....we see heart ache too.. Sometimes not a lot in between sadly.

If this is any indication....
Ive seen people Far worse than him turn things around and live a decent life.

But it ain't easy

Its what measurements. If ben can get out if jail. Not go back in.....get a job.

As a worker we do so miracles....we see heart ache too.. Sometimes not a lot in between sadly.

If this is any indication....
Ive seen people Far worse than him turn things around and live a decent life.

But it ain't easy
Well without being privy to much of the details here, it's hard to say that he's doing much to help his own cause. How can you help someone who isn't interested in being helped? He got up in court and called himself a victim.

Better prospects in Ansett shares ATM if you ask me.

Well without being privy to much of the details here, it's hard to say that he's doing much to help his own cause. How can you help someone who isn't interested in being helped? He got up in court and called himself a victim.

Better prospects in Ansett shares ATM if you ask me.

Yeah the issue is his brain function.....its not working too good.

The issue we see alot is clients do ok for a while ..first 6 months is easy ..ish...

However as the brain rewires itself....its when a deep depression type condition kicks in.....its why they lapse and full relapse ..

Relapse is when they go back to dependence type levels..

A lapse might be a one night bender.

90% of clients lapse at some point in year 1.

Of course it matters - slight difference between smoking a joint and going on a 3 day meth bender !!!

Not when you’ve got kids in the car or driving in general. No different to driving drunk.

No shits given what she does with her life but I do care about the damage its doing to those kids.

Not when you’ve got kids in the car or driving in general. No different to driving drunk.

No shits given what she does with her life but I do care about the damage its doing to those kids.
I agree with you but I do think that the drug involved and therefore the understanding of her potential for even more serious consequences or potential for an accident is relevant.
Similar to the difference between drink driving at 0.05 and drink driving at 1.05 would have a huge consequence in both potential for disaster and also the fine incurred.

Some are legal some aren't. That is the issue.

If all drugs were legal and 100% pure and not made in some bikies bath tub I dare say alcohol would be right up there for harm done with ice for the hard core and dope the harmless plant it is. And prescribed drugs being really under the micros cope

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back