The Coast

Senior List
Aug 20, 2008
Der Schweiz
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sunderland
All over the news this morning (ABC) that Richmond have thrown Ben Cousins a last minute lifeline and are picking him up as a mature age rookie.

Can anyone confirm?

Re: Ben Cousins a Tiger

From TW, not happening at the moment and If it did it couldnt be as a mature age rookie as we already have Sylvestor lodged with the AFL.
\Khan

From TW, not happening at the moment and If it did it couldnt be as a mature age rookie as we already have Sylvestor lodged with the AFL.
\Khan

yeah khan
tw said on morning glory we have got sylvester
though we could elevate him and pput cousins on the rookie

Then he must be coming in the pre season draft then. Welcome a board Ben. Make the most out of your second chance with a couple of years of really solid football and let Sheeds set you up off the field for a great life after footy.

Well done Tigers if this is true , nothing lost if it isn't.

It will be all the C's down at Tigerland next year . Cotchin , Connors , Collins and Cousins

So when Wallace was on Sen this morning, were they asking him about the Crackers story when he said we already have our mature rookie spot covered?

It's Easy Richmond!

De-List Sylvester! We don't need him, we got Wilbur now.

Get Cousins as a mature-age rookie, and he's eligible to play Round 1 under the new rules !

C'mon, Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Cousins :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when Wallace was on Sen this morning, were they asking him about the Crackers story when he said we already have our mature rookie spot covered?

"Unless the rules were to be changed" - The way he quietly sidestepped the question and avoided saying the Tigers are not chasing Cousins and he won't be at punt road said to me there may be something in this story.

couldn't be true, the AFL havent even parden him to be a mature age rookie. have they?

As much as i want him, i cant see how Richmond would suddenly change their minds.

i hope i am wrong, can anyone give any quotes, of what people have been saying regarding this rumor

Ok... Richmond need to bend the rules to get him, and the AFL are obviously keen to do so.

They screwed us out of Judd last year and they owe us (glad we didn't get Judd btw).

Apparently everyone on the Richmond board was FOR Cousins in the ND except for 2 people, and since it needed to be an all or nothing decision, they weren't allowed to pick him up. (edit: source trustworthy poster elsewhere)

But under the 8 week mature rookie deal the 2 people who didn't want us to get Cousins may give in the pressure of everyone else.

The AFL is basically handing us Cousins and trying to eliminate as much of the risk as possible... if any of this is true that is ;)

couldn't be true, the AFL havent even parden him to be a mature age rookie. have they?

You may find after the flack that the AFL has copped this week they might be a bit more open to bending the rules. I'm sure Cousins won't end up at Richmond however my gut feeling is Terry is definitely looking into it.

And why wouldn't he, he is coming out of contract this year, and a fit Cousins would make us a much more potent outfit. And if Cousins could get back to his best form and play 22 games we would definitely be playing finals football.

Also to that end have we signed a new major sponsor yet? Cousins could also prove to be a major boost to our membership (I know St Kilda had apparent estimated another 5000 members would have joined up if he had of signed.

Anyone can come up with crazy statistics of course however membership boosts and more club exposure (both good and bad of course) could be another consideration.

Of course the best exposure is finals exposure!!!!

i hope he gets a lifeline he desvered to picked up, i would rather the eagles get him as a mature aged rookie though.

WOuld much prefer us to draft the next best kid similar to the Matthew White situation.
For all White's deficencies, he's turned out to be a vital player for us and has a 10-year future if he continues to work hard.

im happy either way if we get him im happy but if we dont get him i will not mind. what ever is best for richmond.

The public just want to see a club give Ben a chance.

If we give him that chance, and he betrays us - we will still be seen as the good guys who tried to help.

The only risk is if he kidnaps our youngsters, drops them off at a gangland war and force feeds them drugs :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back