Ben Cunnington vs Tom Liberatore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Libba Jnr, fearless and sure with his hands. Like Cunners needs to polish his disposal a little but right now they are pretty even and I doubt this will change much over the next few years.

Yeah. He's been the 2nd or 3rd best inside mid in the game this year. Still only early but it's pretty promising.

His stats so far...

Career Statistical Rankings
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Total Tackles in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Total Contested Possessions in 2013

dot.gif
Ranked 2nd in Total Clearances in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Total Time On Ground % in 2013

dot.gif
Ranked 4th in Tackles Per Game in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Contested Possessions Per Game in 2013

dot.gif
Ranked 2nd in Clearances Per Game in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Time On Ground % Per Game in 2013

Yeah. He's been the 2nd or 3rd best inside mid in the game this year. Still only early but it's pretty promising.

His stats so far...

Career Statistical Rankings
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Total Tackles in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Total Contested Possessions in 2013

dot.gif
Ranked 2nd in Total Clearances in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Total Time On Ground % in 2013

dot.gif
Ranked 4th in Tackles Per Game in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Contested Possessions Per Game in 2013

dot.gif
Ranked 2nd in Clearances Per Game in 2013
dot.gif
Ranked 1st in Time On Ground % Per Game in 2013

Fantastic figures Dazb86. Is this for the league or just the Bullies ?
Even if its just the Bullies its a fantastic effort. A few of those would be affected if Boydy had played every game but no denying
where he sits in the upper echelon of young midfielders in my eyes.

Making me some good coin with Sportsbet as well keep it going Little Libba :thumbsu:

Even if its just the Bullies its a fantastic effort. A few of those would be affected if Boydy had played every game but no denying

Making me some good coin with Sportsbet as well keep it going Little Libba :thumbsu:
Its for the league.

His clearance work is just so good, only one total clearance behind the leader in Swallow. God I love this guy :)

Yeah it's the league.

Superb effort.

I bet on him to have the most possies most weeks on Sportsbet, so l know how he is going.(bast*rds put him in the top group now....grrrrrr)
He had a shocker against the Tigers early in that game especially, since then just killed it.

Make no mistake l love Cunners as well, but there is no Bullies supporter who would swap this kid for anyone of the same age I`d guess.
Instant replacement for Boyd once the polish comes he could be a pink diamond, a very rare commodity.
Its exactly what Cunnington is at North but who will reach the higher level that's years away. Maybe right now Libba is ahead based on those numbers its hard to disagree.

Has a father son combo ever won a brownlow?

Brownlow l don't value it. We spend 26 weeks telling them how putrid and stupid the umpires are and one night all of a sudden there opinion is GOLD.
Player MVP for mine.

Libba could win one of those one day, He will be captain l imagine he is the one they will groom maybe not the next captain but the next one after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brownlow l don't value it. We spend 26 weeks telling them how putrid and stupid the umpires are and one night all of a sudden there opinion is GOLD.
Player MVP for mine.

Libba could win one of those one day, He will be captain l imagine he is the one they will groom maybe not the next captain but the nect one after that.
Mitch Wallis is our next captain imho

I think the TOG is most damning - Cunnington is older and has been in the system longer (did lose one pre-season with injury iirc?) but has had an 'elite' preseason this year.

I think the TOG is most damning - Cunnington is older and has been in the system longer (did lose one pre-season with injury iirc?) but has had an 'elite' preseason this year.

It's not a huge concern. These guys are 10-15 year players and neither club is challenging for a flag this year. By the end of their careers it won't matter that Cunnington took longer to get his fitness up to scratch.

The important this is when he's on the ground he's quality.

He missed 2 preseasons btw.

I think libba is the best centre square player of his age in the comp. I think Ben is in the top, say, 10 of this group.
They're different players though. Ben will be or basically is a utility able to go back and forward like Bartel, play on a bloke or play as forward. Libba will be a clearance midfielder and if that's all you were after, you\'d have him before Ben.

FWIW, I think Cunnington will be better than Swallow is now and he's in the top 15 players in the comp IMO. Libba will probably be right up there also.

When did Cunnington have an elite preseason (assume you are referring to running)? Sure he did well on the training track and practice matches (and has started the season well), but his running was still middle of the pack at best.

As with Ziebell, his running is still very much a work in progress.

When did Cunnington have an elite preseason (assume you are referring to running)? Sure he did well on the training track and practice matches (and has started the season well), but his running was still middle of the pack at best.

As with Ziebell, his running is still very much a work in progress.

True, but considering their ability to play a range of roles, it's not such a problem. But they'rer both what, 21? Lots of time.

Both sides have good young mids. I like Smith from the Dogs. Worst kicking action of all time, but he can play.

True, but considering their ability to play a range of roles, it's not such a problem. But they're both what, 21? Lots of time.

Both sides have good young mids. I like Smith from the Dogs. Worst kicking action of all time, but he can play.

Libba is miles ahead in terms of consistency, but little Ben can do things that even Libba can't do...

ie: go forward and and take contested marks, and from what i've seen Ben has superior handballing skills.

Has to be Libba at the moment, he is a gun.

Unpopular opinion for a 'Dogs supporter: Libba is better now, Cunnington will be better in the future.

If he can keep building that tank he's going to be an obscenely good footballer imo. Both clubs should be very happy with what they've got, though.

I wouldn't say it was a standout game for Cunnington. He's been producing that sort of quality for almost 14 consecutive weeks of AFL footy. In those 14 weeks he's had one poor game and one injury game. The rest have all been 20+ disposal games.

These two will be two of the elite contested ball and clearance winners for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back