Ben Cunnington vs Tom Liberatore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And personally, don't consider taking drugs as a blight on ones character as long as no one gets hurt- hasn't seemed to effect libbas performance nor his ability to lay tackles and get the aggot.

Cunnington has been pretty handy since half way through last year too, certainly has a tougher job given we don't have Boyd, Cross, Cooney, Lower & Griffen giving him a chop out.

1. Good on you - that's what we've been trying to say despite saintly's fixation.

2. Cooney hardly played last year and Cross missed a fair chunk, Lower wasn't on our list. Libba was playing really well up until his indiscretion. Cunnington still has the bigger bodies of Swallow and Wells there, as well as Ziebell who isn't small so his age isn't a factor. Those three would garner more attention than Cunnington, too.

1. Good on you - that's what we've been trying to say despite saintly's fixation.

2. Cooney hardly played last year and Cross missed a fair chunk, Lower wasn't on our list. Libba was playing really well up until his indiscretion. Cunnington still has the bigger bodies of Swallow and Wells there, as well as Ziebell who isn't small so his age isn't a factor. Those three would garner more attention than Cunnington, too.
Whether you like it or not, you're not as good as us. I'm not sure what the other dickhead was going on about in terms of midfield rotations, but I'd take ours over yours anyday. I was only engaging in this conversation as a piss take, but if you're actually fairdinkum, you're a fair bit behind.

Whether you like it or not, you're not as good as us. I'm not sure what the other dickhead was going on about in terms of midfield rotations, but I'd take ours over yours anyday.

Wtf are you on about? Since when was this discussion about the teams - it's about Liberatore and cunnington.

PS- our midfield smashed yours last year. You'd think if your midfield was any good you'd have a better win/loss record than Melbourne this year.

PS- our midfield smashed yours last year. You'd think if your midfield was any good you'd have a better win/loss record than Melbourne this year.
Yep. Boyd and to a lesser extent Griffen gave us a hiding the first time last year. That along with our performance against Port Adelaide would rank amongst our worst for 2012. Also true on the second point. We've probably faced stiffer opposition, but no point blowing yourself if it still reads 0-2.

How can you have seen enough of Libba to comment but not Wallis?

Libba has stood out in the games i've seen - Wallis hasn't and as I don't watch the dogs much, it would be unfair to comment on Mark73s assertion in that respect.

All I know is I have been more impressed with Libba as a player, and I would suspect that is pretty obvious regardless of the other issues which may or may not be ongoing.

Wtf are you on about? Since when was this discussion about the teams - it's about Liberatore and cunnington.

I'd say your midfield at full strength is better than ours at the moment.

Think we have you covered fwd/back/ruck though (albeit close in ruck). Anyway, back on topic......

The first time around. 2nd time around when we beat you by 10 goals Harvey had 32, Bastinac 31, Anthony 28, Cunnington 27, Swallow 26, Anthony 26 and Garlett 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that, my friends, is why you shouldn't get too carried away after just two weeks.

Yep, shocker from Liberatore. But they are rare. Cunnington spent half of last year putting out these kinds of performances, as he did last week, too.

It is true you can't expect kids to be consistent, but so far Libba's best has been better and his form more consistent.

Yep, shocker from Liberatore. But they are rare. Cunnington spent half of last year putting out these kinds of performances, as he did last week, too.

It is true you can't expect kids to be consistent, but so far Libba's best has been better and his form more consistent.

So what was he doing wrong today?

So what was he doing wrong today?

he just looked tired. Minson was smashed in the ruck for the first time in two years and slightly better midfielders cotchin and martin were getting silver service.

Liberatore still laid a few tackes.

Liberatore vs Cunnington

Disposals: 22 vs 19
Contested: 13 vs 12
Clearances: 8 vs 7
Tackles: 8 vs 3
Goals: 0 vs 1
Assists: 0 vs 0.3
TOG: 85% vs 69%

So apart from tackles and goals, the key stats are very similar despite the disparity in TOG. Cunnington was very dangerous resting forward yesterday (something he also did well at U18 level). Is Libba capable of doing something similar?

he just looked tired. Minson was smashed in the ruck for the first time in two years and slightly better midfielders cotchin and martin were getting silver service.

Liberatore still laid a few tackes.

You won the hitouts 38 to 25. Was Minson's tapwork poor?

Yes, Minson had a shocking day.

So apart from tackles and goals, the key stats are very similar despite the disparity in TOG. Cunnington was very dangerous resting forward yesterday (something he also did well at U18 level). Is Libba capable of doing something similar?

I don't know, because Liberatore is fit enough to play midfield all day. Just had a bad day today.

You keep parroting Cunnington's TOG as a reason he'll improve, yet ignore that the fact he is coming off a full preseason and still can't stay on the park without needing to rest up forward is a reason he's not as good as Liberatore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back