Ben Cunnington vs Tom Liberatore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Libba has started his 3rd year well.

28 touches, 11 clearances to go along with 9 tackles tracking at 75% efficiency.

Have a feeling both players will have good years.

Cunnington had 23 disposals, 13 contested, 9 clearances and a goal at 78% efficiency in just 64% TOG.

Not sure whether to be frustrated that he can't spend more time on the ground or excited about what he'll do when he can be out there for 85%+ (which Libba is fit enough to do atm).

Both terrific young inside mids. So clean and so composed under pressure.

63%. It's an issue. Not so worried about his poor performance because it's his first bad one since he got dropped half way through last year.

Thought the conditions would have suited him to a tee, tbh. You were watching closely - what was he doing wrong?

Thought the conditions would have suited him to a tee, tbh. You were watching closely - what was he doing wrong?

I don't know, I wasn't exactly following just Cunnington. I can understand him struggling in the first half. We played quite an uncontested game which didn't suit him or Ziebell. That said, we were dominating the clearances so I'll say he was doing some tremendous blocking.:cool: Then the rain came and Jack stepped up but Cunners was still nowhere. Just a bad day which looks even worse statistically when he spends so long off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben had 23 disposals and a goal last week, but as usual nic comes out after his 1st bad game since round 12 last year. :rolleyes:

That guy is still around? I have him on ignore but I just assumed he'd been carded by now. No doubt RobertRichter will be here soon as well.

Libba is a better player now clearly. Any team would want him.

How it turns out in a few years who knows? Cunners is known for having good character, and as we all know, culture in a club is vital to success as much or more than talent/ability is.

Libba is a better player now clearly. Any team would want him.

How it turns out in a few years who knows? Cunners is known for having good character, and as we all know, culture in a club is vital to success as much or more than talent/ability is.

I'd say Liberatore's good character has been on show this whole preseason and the past two games. To err is human after all. It's how you respond that shows character. He is a kid and made a dumb mistake last year, but hasn't put a foot wrong. Liberatore could have easily done a Travis Tuck and faded into obscurity.

Also your theory doesn't really fly when you have some questionable characters part of successful clubs. Think Carey, Swan, Heath Shaw, West Coast's midfield of the mid 2000's.

I'd say Liberatore's good character has been on show this whole preseason and the past two games. To err is human after all. It's how you respond that shows character. He is a kid and made a dumb mistake last year, but hasn't put a foot wrong. Liberatore could have easily done a Travis Tuck and faded into obscurity.

Also your theory doesn't really fly when you have some questionable characters part of successful clubs. Think Carey, Swan, Heath Shaw, West Coast's midfield of the mid 2000's.

Facts are exactly that.

As I said, Libba Jnr is a gun. Prefer him than Cunners if not for the associated poor character and illegal behaviour you seem to tolerate.

Good call editing out the "You have an illegal drug abuser on your team". Guess any mistake you ever make you'd expect people to level the same vitriol at you?

As I said. A 19 year old kid made a dumb mistake and has worked his arse off to make up for that. If anything that shows he is a stronger character than most.

Facts are exactly that.

As I said, Libba Jnr is a gun. Prefer him than Cunners if not for the associated poor character and illegal behaviour you seem to tolerate.
What? Tom is a good kid. Very polite, very intelligent. He made a bad mistake, but to judge his character is wrong.

Good call editing out the "You have an illegal drug abuser on your team". Guess any mistake you ever make you'd expect people to level the same vitriol at you?

As I said. A 19 year old kid made a dumb mistake and has worked his arse off to make up for that. If anything that shows he is a stronger character than most.

You seem defensive?

I said he was a gun player? Cant you accept the negative that is (currently) associated with that based on HIS behaviour?

It's ok, Saintly has never made a mistake. And anyone who makes mistakes has poor character so I guess saintly is a saint.

What? Tom is a good kid. Very polite, very intelligent. He made a bad mistake, but to judge his character is wrong.

I'm not judging anyone, just saying Cunners appears not to have those issues.

You seem defensive?

I said he was a gun player? Cant you accept the negative that is (currently) associated with that based on HIS behaviour?

I'd say that incident is in the past and has had no negative effect on his football or character today. As I said, character is shown in how you respond to certain events. L

iberatore could have thrown it all away like a Travis Tuck and be content playing mediocre VFL football. Instead he flogged himself on the track and now at 20 years of age has been one of the best midfielders in the league over the past fortnight.

He isn't showing any negative behaviour now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back