ben hudson retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain the,' someone owes us because we drafted them' to me?

To explain my view point I believe someone owes us because they signed a contract with us.

Out of contract, no obligation.

I agree with this. And the club was within their rights to not offer him a three-year contract. But they then should be judged on that decision, and it's hard to argue to argue it was correct.

That being said, Hudson was probably a 7/10 ruckman, and we replaced him for a couple of years with 6/10 ruckmen, so the dropoff isn't enormous.

A disappointing chapter in our history.

Our other ruckmen were Griffin, Maric and Meesen (who we traded that year) yet we couldn't find a 3 year deal for him. Oh, we traded in Moran when we lost Hudson so I guess we felt it balanced out :rolleyes:

A self inflicted wound that grates to this day. An example of our 'club knows best' policy.

I couldnt agree more. We have lacked a decent ruck since he left. In fact I would go as far to far we had the worst rucks in the league as a whole.

But thats all changed now ever since the big Sauce headed our way.

Pretty consistent from most people that have met him. Jerk.

The word from the Bulldogs is that hes been a pain in the arse at that club for the past couple of years also.

Actually, ive heard the opposite from Bulldogs people.

Supposedly a top bloke.

Pretty consistent from most people that have met him. Jerk.

The word from the Bulldogs is that hes been a pain in the arse at that club for the past couple of years also.

I call bullshit.

Ripping bloke who is just your normal person, never pounced around as though he was special because he was an AFL footballer and neverthought of himself as a star of the game.

As for being a pain in the arse at the bulldogs my understanding is you couldn't be wider of the mark.

I call bullshit.

Ripping bloke who is just your normal person, never pounced around as though he was special because he was an AFL footballer and neverthought of himself as a star of the game.

As for being a pain in the arse at the bulldogs my understanding is you couldn't be wider of the mark.

Hes a bit of a cult figure because of the beard and quite poular with the fans that much is true.

The story I got was that he has been a bit 'disenchanted' this year.

I call bullshit.

Never treated himself as a footballer either. Drinking, partying, not adhering to team rules - wanted to be a lad and didn't give a shit if it wasn't in the teams best interests.

Never treated himself as a footballer either. Drinking, partying, not adhering to team rules - wanted to be a lad and didn't give a shit if it wasn't in the teams best interests.

I thought you were against personal attacks on footballers?

And again, ive heard nothing which suggests this to be the truth.

I thought you were against personal attacks on footballers?

And again, ive heard nothing which suggests this to be the truth.

I have always said I thought he was a great ruck man for us, and was sad, but not surprised, when he left. As a person, he was disappointing in his approach to the game/Club. I know much about him away from the Club as I am close friends with an old mate of his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? Or does that not fit your agenda that every decision the club has ever made was wrong?

Lol. You guys have got to stop falling into Carl's traps.

Hint: Hudson reforming upon arrival at the Western Bulldogs isnt a good thing for us either.

Lol. You guys have got to stop falling into Carl's traps.

Hint: Hudson reforming upon arrival at the Western Bulldogs isnt a good thing for us either.

Its not a good or a bad thing. Players often change with a change of environment. What happened after Hudson left the AFC is irrelevant. Its what happened whilst he was at the club that is relevant.

Its not a good or a bad thing. Players often change with a change of environment. What happened after Hudson left the AFC is irrelevant. Its what happened whilst he was at the club that is relevant.

And if the club was so unable to motivate a player who was capable of it, we should perhaps stop hyping up our famous 'culture'.

That is of course if you believe the slur on Hudson's character, which I dont.

And if the club was so unable to motivate a player who was capable of it, we should perhaps stop hyping up our famous 'culture'.

That is of course if you believe the slur on Hudson's character, which I dont.

You can look at that both ways. Sometimes there's just no helping some people in your particular environment. As to Hudson's character I have no idea other than what you read between the lines of the media reports.

Met Hudson once and he was a bit of a jerk, but the dude could play footy. He'll be remembered as a quality ruckman.
I've also met him, and he seemed like a good bloke, so who knows... Wasn't there one stage in 2005 or 06 where he led the hitouts in the AFL and barely anyone knew who he was?

Remove this Banner Ad

ben hudson retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back