Ben Keays, I was way way way wrong about you

I was wrong about Keays

• yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • yes

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It will take one poor game and everyone will hate him again.
I think for supporters, it's the constant carrying of too many players in the team that have limitations or are cooked.

When you see Murphy, McHenry, Keays, Smith etc in the team, it's fatiguing watching mistake after mistake.

Keays is the perfect player for the Crows to pick in the 22 as long as the selection of the rest of the team is correct. If he plays a poor game, then I'd like to think supporters would take it a lot easier on him.

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s fair to say he’s taken his game to another level. His last month has been exceptional! His general kicking and goal kicking seemed to have improved like I’ve ever seen. Fair chance he might end up with the BnF this year!

Be interesting to see how Keays tackle and the bump on Dawson are treated.

Dawson clearly hit high, no free. But in concussion protocol?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
For mine Keays will get a couple of games, as it was a dangerous tackle, regardless if Caldwell got concussed or not.

The Dawson hit shouldn't result in any games, the player played the ball first and didn't have much other option than to make contact with Dawson.

Can't understand why the tackle on Berry wasn't even looked at as an incident though by the coverage last night. That was also a dangerous tackle.

But who really know, the whole MRO/tribunal process is an absolute raffle, and Christian will probably want revenge after last weeks results.

I've always admired Keays' work rate, and you always know he'll give 100% EVERY week.

His skills and footy IQ have always been his issues, and I think that can be hidden somewhat by playing in his current role up forward.

He can still at times look a little selfish around goals, and his set shot isn't reliable. How he slotted that set shot in the game last night from just inside 50 is beyond me. He never looked comfortable with it.

I think it’s fair to say he’s taken his game to another level. His last month has been exceptional! His general kicking and goal kicking seemed to have improved like I’ve ever seen. Fair chance he might end up with the BnF this year!

I don’t think his first half of the year was good enough for that, although he’d be polling strongly lately. Open race though, nobody stands out over the whole season.

His form the last few weeks has been amazing, our best small forward (and maybe, borderline elite?)

The other thing that's floored me is now he's starting to have a ping with his right foot, not spending an eternity trying to wheel around to kick with his left (which would drive me nuts). That was the one thing I wished he could add to his game - and it seems like he's working on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays for says a lot for the old theory that players > 100 games are comfortable and lift to a new level. If this is the case we have some exciting times ahead with our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Keays, I was way way way wrong about you

Back