Recommitted Ben Keays

Remove this Banner Ad

BrennoWookie

Debutant
Jun 23, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Talks suggest Ben Keays will request a trade from Brisbane to Gold Coast. Gold Coast fans what is he worth?

As reported on afl.com
Brisbane midfielder Ben Keays is believed to have an interest in heading to the Suns for further opportunities after playing just two games for the Lions this year.

Keays, 21, is a Queenslander and joined Brisbane in 2015 as a product of the Lions Academy, but is unlikely to be a priority for the Suns during the exchange period.

Talks suggest Ben Keays will request a trade from Brisbane to Gold Coast. Gold Coast fans what is he worth?

As reported on afl.com
Brisbane midfielder Ben Keays is believed to have an interest in heading to the Suns for further opportunities after playing just two games for the Lions this year.

Keays, 21, is a Queenslander and joined Brisbane in 2015 as a product of the Lions Academy, but is unlikely to be a priority for the Suns during the exchange period.
Probably only worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Could be a swap of picks, say our pick 40 for GC's 26. Values him at pick 48. That would make sense at our end, try and get a pick in before Mcfayden is bid on.

Could be a swap of picks, say our pick 40 for GC's 26. Values him at pick 48. That would make sense at our end, try and get a pick in before Mcfayden is bid on.
Dreaming. I’d rather give you our 4th and keep 26

Was a previous pick 24, played 28 games in total averaging 13 games in his first 2 years and showed promise but fell to only the two games this year with a slip in form.

For me Gold Coasts pick 28 does it remembering this will fall with compo picks and bidding. Will be around pick 34 when the dust settles down I would think.

Was a previous pick 24, played 28 games in total averaging 13 games in his first 2 years and showed promise but fell to only the two games this year with a slip in form.

For me Gold Coasts pick 28 does it remembering this will fall with compo picks and bidding. Will be around pick 34 when the dust settles down I would think.
If it fall to pick 28 wouldn't it better for GC to get mature age player like Shaun Mcadams ,Josh corbett ( Both invited for national combine) than a player than going to play behind Florini, Lyons , Miller , Bowes ,Andrew Swallow ,Brodie .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to remember he is only 21 and showed a lot of promise in his first 2 years, had a very average year this year though.

Also when they said Gold Coast did not have him as a priority it just means they have other things to take care of first and will have a look at him after they take care of higher priorities. They are keen on him, not sure what they are willing to offer however.

Have to remember he is only 21 and showed a lot of promise in his first 2 years, had a very average year this year though.

Also when they said Gold Coast did not have him as a priority it just means they have other things to take care of first and will have a look at him after they take care of higher priorities. They are keen on him, not sure what they are willing to offer however.
All I can said is don't get your hope too high on pick 28 .

Won Brissy's reserves B&F this year (in a 4 way tie) so hasn't completely forgot how to play.
Are you serious about a 4 way tie?
Was that to go along with the 4 way tie for the senior B&F 2 or 3 years ago?

How does their voting system work? Do they ask each parent to cast 1 vote each on who they think played best for the year?

Would love him at the Giants for depth and eventually a ball winning midfielder. I have really liked what I've seen at NEAFL level.
Doubt he would want to leave Queensland but he might be willing to look elsewhere
All I can said is don't get your hope too high on pick 28 .
To be honest I would love if we kept him,gives us good depth for the midfield and feel with time he would be a good chance of becoming best 22 for us. Just if he is getting impatient and wants to leave for more senior footy I wish him the best but would want good compensation for the work that’s been put into him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Ben Keays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back