Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

So you agree he is not in our best 22 - and now suggest he is a depth player. That's fine and I agree. But it's also the reason why he left - he didn't want to be a depth player
Actually I don't really have any opinion on BK. But I think what people are arguing is that he wasn't given sufficient opportunity to show whether or not he was depth or a best 22 player.
Personally given the option of trading Blair or BK I would have kept BK.

Just on Seeds, can't really say he wasn't given opportunities. He was retained in the side quite a bit despite poor form, even rushed back in the seniors from injury after a couple of average VFL games at times. He didn't get the Kennedy treatment, his issue was he preferred to go out and party with the Orville boys rather than dedicate himself to his footy.

If he turns the corner at Adelaide it will be because he's moved away from his dickhead mates rather than being given more opportunities.
This

Actually I don't really have any opinion on BK. But I think what people are arguing is that he wasn't given sufficient opportunity to show whether or not he was depth or a best 22 player.
Personally given the option of trading Blair or BK I would have kept BK.
Don't think anyone wanted or would want Blair.
Melbourne long time keenness on Ben Ken

Just on Seeds, can't really say he wasn't given opportunities. He was retained in the side quite a bit despite poor form, even rushed back in the seniors from injury after a couple of average VFL games at times. He didn't get the Kennedy treatment, his issue was he preferred to go out and party with the Orville boys rather than dedicate himself to his footy.

If he turns the corner at Adelaide it will be because he's moved away from his dickhead mates rather than being given more opportunities.
If he turns the corner? I'm not sure there is a corner to turn but putting our different opinion on Seedsman aside, lots of players flourish in the right encouraging environment. If he turns a corner in your eyes it might just be more about the club than the player. There seem to be a lot of corners not being turned at Collingwood right now.

If he turns the corner? I'm not sure there is a corner to turn but putting our different opinion on Seedsman aside, lots of players flourish in the right encouraging environment. If he turns a corner in your eyes it might just be more about the club than the player. There seem to be a lot of corners not being turned at Collingwood right now.
No corner to turn? Come on Mark, Seeds has always been a talented player, but he's served up some absolute shit too. His major issue has always been consistency, and that's the corner to get around for him.
If you want to discount the problems that arose from his association with the Orville boys, more power to you. More dubious ammunition for your crusade against Buckley.

The guy had plenty of opportunities here.

1. He never showed himself to be a good enough midfielder to move up the depth chart. We all knew he was a good mid, and showed it at VFL, but we have plenty of in the midfield, and when others were stepping up, Kennedy was showing to be wanting.
2. He was pretty useless as a small forward - the position where we had availability and didn't have as many others to compete with.

At the time of leaving - he hadn't shown anything to suggest he was good enough to get a spot in our midfield. If he's able to turn it on now that he has a "chip" on his shoulder - says more about him not trying to his full potential while he was here... if won't be the first time a player turns their career around after getting hit with the truth that a club thinks you aren't good enough.
He never got a decent sustained run at it in the 1's to develop his game. that's what he is getting now. Even if he doesn't become a star he looks like becoming a solid reliable contributor. If that's all he becomes then not a huge loss I guess. But there's the possibility he becomes the new tony Francis.

Last edited:
He never got a decent sustained run at it in the 1's to develop his game. that's what he is getting now. Even if he doesn't become a star he looks like becoming a solid reliable contributor. If that's all he becomes then not a huge loss I guess. But there's the possibility he becomes the new tony Francis.

I'm sorry but if Kennedy had of played a game like tonights for the Pies, the usual suspects would've been calling for his head.

Howe brings a little X factor with his marking.
If we get going in our game, and Elliot comes back well, then Fasolo, Elliot and Howe will become troublesome for any opposition. That's a potential blessing for us.

No corner to turn? Come on Mark, Seeds has always been a talented player, but he's served up some absolute shit too. His major issue has always been consistency, and that's the corner to get around for him.
If you want to discount the problems that arose from his association with the Orville boys, more power to you. More dubious ammunition for your crusade against Buckley.
I tend to look at footy as footy not anything more and footy requires talent, motivation and application. The first part is god given. The second and third have to come from within but are heavily influenced by the environment. You know my views on the environment. I don't have a crusade against Buckley but I do issues with the environment he has created.

I'm sorry but if Kennedy had of played a game like tonights for the Pies, the usual suspects would've been calling for his head.
Wouldn't expect anything less from those you mention. Same people who lampoon sub-10 game players who are finding their feet still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its orval

Started to show something today, for sure. A strong-marking mobile player is certainly a help to our transition out of defence, especially while Elliott is sidelined indefinitely.

Howe was good today, but definitely felt at times as though his pressure acts were a bit average. A couple of times he let the opposition ball carrier just waltz away with minimal pressure. Hoping this is just a fitness thing and will improve.

I don't see Kennedy making us better, the game from Howe last night does. Both it seems are benefitting from new environments and filling a role at their respective Clubs.
Still think Kennedy is leading Melbournes BnF. Been brilliant and no reason he could've played that way with us. Has a bright future.
On Howe he's improved since his debut with us because he's being played down back, not brilliant but serviceable, goes for Mark of year too often though.

Still think Kennedy is leading Melbournes BnF. Been brilliant and no reason he could've played that way with us. Has a bright future.
On Howe he's improved since his debut with us because he's being played down back, not brilliant but serviceable, goes for Mark of year too often though.
Kennedy is going well, have him in my SuperCoach since round 1 because he can play and knew he would get a go at the Dee's. I have Elliott above him for that Smaller forward role (long term)and Fasolo is going well and will get better IMO, tough Kennedy breaking into out mid field on a permanent basis.

I was surprised by Howe last night thought he was a one trick pony but he made some good choices and used it well, plus the mark he took at HB was impressive.

it is good to see Kennedy getting solid games in and it will be interesting how he finishes in their BnF

Kennedy would still be playing VFL footy for us in my opinion. Howe was easily best on in that first quarter yesterday. How nice is it to have someone with elite foot skills coming out of defence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back