Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsman needed to be traded, but we should of kept Kennedy. You dont trade young players who havent shown their true potential yet, like Crisp from Brisbane. You are blind if you think Kennedy wouldnt easily be getting games now, he has improved his game a lot.

Seedsman needed to be traded, but we should of kept Kennedy. You dont trade young players who havent shown their true potential yet, like Crisp from Brisbane. You are blind if you think Kennedy wouldnt easily be getting games now, he has improved his game a lot.

Whose spot in our midfield would he take though?

Kennedy has gradually been getting worse by the week. Would've been lucky to have 10 disposals last week.

I think we have clearly won this.

Players like Kennedy are a dime a dozen, Howe on the other hand, is no diamond in the rough, but plays a role that not everyone can.

If we can keep him happy and keep him down back, I can see Howe turning into a real defensive threat for us.

Even if these two end up on the same level, we won with getting Howe, as he is a harder type of player to come across

Players like Kennedy are a dime a dozen, Howe on the other hand, is no diamond in the rough, but plays a role that not everyone can.

If we can keep him happy and keep him down back, I can see Howe turning into a real defensive threat for us.

Even if these two end up on the same level, we won with getting Howe, as he is a harder type of player to come across
Agree.
Well summed up.
Howe, can also pinch hit forward for a spell if need be too.
But isn't he looking terrific down back.
Loving the trade.

I think it's more that Howe fills a list need that Kennedy and Seedsman don't. I liked Kennedy personally, Seedsman not so much, but Howe is just something we don't have. A genuinely elite ball user with great hands and enough height to play at both ends. Now that I think about it, Howe is a true utility. He's basically a skilled, but less hard version of Goldsack...who can mark.

Kennedy still wouldn't be getting a game for us. Yes he had a few decent games where he hit the scoreboard but he still doesn't chase, tackle and has very poor disposal. The fact he is a regular for Melbourne says more about them than us imo.

The Howe trade could prove to be as important to our backline, as the Freo trade that gave us Clement.

But I don't see that he'll remain in D50 longer term once we start to get players back from injury. Think he'll get his opportunity up on a wing that he craves. Would still be able to play behind the footy but his delivery into F50 from a wing could be a real weapon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's more that Howe fills a list need that Kennedy and Seedsman don't. I liked Kennedy personally, Seedsman not so much, but Howe is just something we don't have. A genuinely elite ball user with great hands and enough height to play at both ends. Now that I think about it, Howe is a true utility. He's basically a skilled, but less hard version of Goldsack...who can mark.

Yeah I'd call him a polished Sack.

The key is going to be to settle Howe as a defender. He came to collingwood on the promise he would play forward, but he is clearly a defender. He suits the role perfectly.

If he is happy to play that role, he will be a great pick up.

So far, he has really embraced the role.

Agree, would never be an AA forward but has the skillset to be an AA defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back