Ben Lennon still keen to stay at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Menzel got the listed? was it the Carlton one or the Geelong one?

The Carlton one that went to Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lennon doesnt have a choice to take a haircut or not.

$100k py deal x 1 year otherwise gone
he does have a choice take a hair cut and get a new deal or say no and go into the draft and try his luck

he does have a choice take a hair cut and get a new deal or say no and go into the draft and try his luck
He knows there is no suitors otherwise he would be asking for a trade, There was no clubs wanting him last year and highly unlikely to be this year as well

He has no choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lennon with his skill set and developed body went at 12 because he was playing against U18's, most of which were well below him on those levels. But without pace he struggles, like Miles and Lloyd. They just don't have the ability to get separation from their men or the pack. Have to re-invent himself somehow, if he's given another shot.
Yeah I agree, a first Rnd draft pick getting the second best defender at vfl level needs to be better than "has potential".

Tigers have done so much right in picking Townsend. You are saying to the seemingly more talented players like Lennon, you want to play ones, you play like this. Lennon will never match Townsend for fierce attack on the footy, but few I have seen can. But Brandon Ellis showed this year you can add strength in the contest to your game by working hard at it. Not prepared to sell out on Lennon yet, but he does need some pennies to drop. But look at Liam Jones at the Blues this year, he was really good having found his right niche. This after years of being, well, to be kind, nowhere near good enough.

Lennon: stop sitting there watching the wheels go round and round and imagine you are a Tiger.

Amazed this thread is still going on Ben. He's a quality role player that doesn't fit our game plan.

It took mea while to work it out. But even though he is a good mark and kick his lack of speed and defensive intensity will kill him. If he can learn how to get contested ball and can play midfield he will add a heap. But right now ben is just another player we might keep in a poor daft year.

Amazed this thread is still going on Ben. He's a quality role player that doesn't fit our game plan.

It took mea while to work it out. But even though he is a good mark and kick his lack of speed and defensive intensity will kill him. If he can learn how to get contested ball and can play midfield he will add a heap. But right now ben is just another player we might keep in a poor daft year.

If you don't possess somewhere near elite endurance or have something special that fits the team (Towno) you are dead in the water. Forget the midfield fantasy. Half the VFL team are ahead of him and will only get better.

If you don't possess somewhere near elite endurance or have something special that fits the team (Towno) you are dead in the water. Forget the midfield fantasy. Half the VFL team are ahead of him and will only get better.

I think that's my issue with this thread. He's got a couple of great traits, and little else. Although he's definitely improved defensively and running this year. In a 'normal' team he'd feature heavily. But our team isn't like that so he'd introduce one strength and a bigger weakness. So he doesn't fit. But at least it is clear to him what he has to do. He has to run better, defend like crazy and get intot eh midfield. Which requires contested ball. Talk to BEllis about improving a weakness.

But I suspect he will be saved this year by a weak draft meaning we won't go after that extra pick. Then next year, unless he turns it around, he's probably toast.

I think that's my issue with this thread. He's got a couple of great traits, and little else. Although he's definitely improved defensively and running this year. In a 'normal' team he'd feature heavily. But our team isn't like that so he'd introduce one strength and a bigger weakness. So he doesn't fit. But at least it is clear to him what he has to do. He has to run better, defend like crazy and get intot eh midfield. Which requires contested ball. Talk to BEllis about improving a weakness.

But I suspect he will be saved this year by a weak draft meaning we won't go after that extra pick. Then next year, unless he turns it around, he's probably toast.

The biggest problem for Ben is that we were a very normal team in 2016...and no Ben.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Lennon still keen to stay at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back