Ben McKinley vs Aaron Edwards vs Ben Warren

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe only one will be in our best 22 so who do people prefer.
Warren has the best endurance of the 3 and is the youngest.
Edwards takes screamers, great preseason and is the oldest.
Mckinley was once the eagles main forward and leading goal kicker, he probably has the best skills of the 3.

our forward line will look like
boomer-hansen-adams
thomas-petrie-wright
with one of edwards,warren and mckinley on the bench.
So who do you pick?

This question gives me a brain explosion!!!

Very hard to make a call on any of em.

If what we hear is true and they've all worked on becoming more versatile then it is possible we could have up to 2 in the side.

Edwards finished last year off well and with trimming down and with a better endurance you'd think he'd get a run.

Warren while having great endurance and work rate would want to of worked at getting rid of the silly stuff from his game. (fumbles, falling over, etc)

McKinley is the unknown, could walk into the team or be in the twos for a while.

So Edwards for me at this stage, with McKinley a possibility and then Milky

Haven't seen McKinley in a North uniform (pre-season aside), so difficult to compare.
Warren's work rate is terrific.
Azza was our most accurate forward that had a substantial amount of shots on goal last year. He kicked 25.5. Azza hasn't looked the same since his leg injury, but he certainly looks terrific in terms of his fitness this pre-season.
Too early for me to make a call. I want to see them in pre-season games.
I'm not so sure we can only have one in our 21+1, either.

I chose Ben Warren. He looked so strong leading into last season. He can run all day and until he lost his confidence he looked super dangerous.

He really puts it all on the line and I think that now expectation has been taken off his shoulders a little and he can just compete for his position we will se the best of this kid. Really could be a long-term third tall/Half forwrd flanker that oposition clubs find very difficult to match-up on.

Ben McKinley as I believe he will make a great sub. Having said that, I think Warren with luck (for him, unluckiness for others) could make the starting 6.

Havent seen enough of McKinley to make a judgement really.

I think Edwards is more talented than Milky. But as pointed out Warren has an unbelievable work rate.

I think if Edwards has trimmed down (as some have reported) and can run out games better then he gets the nod from me at this stage.

Also if we go back to playing 2 ruckmen I personally wouldnt play any of them, unless they are really capable of having an impact in the midfield.

It will be hard to select one over the other as they all play a good role.
I feel that they all have to have an impact on the scoreboard aswell and who will be more accurate during the chances that they get during the year.
Warren kicked 21 goals last year and Edwards kicked 25 and I think having forwards who can kick goals is a given and wins matches. There were many games last year where both Warren and Edwards played in the same game so 2 of them could get a run in the same game for sure and probably could get benched for the other after one of them has run their guts out for the other to come on for him.

McKinley is the unknown for me as he was out of favour at West Coast and bagged only 16 goals last year from 10 games.
In 2009 he bagged 30 goals from 17 games, and in 2008 probably one of his better years he kicked 42 goals from 18 games.

I think whoever can take their chances early will get the nod.

1. Warren- His defensive pressure, 2nd efforts and work rate is admiral. He needs to improve his kicking and penetration and needs to do the basic things better.
2. Edwards- Attacks the ball well and has ex factor which I like.
3. Mckinley- Best kick for goal of the lot, but doesn't go well at ground level and lacks forward pressure.

I reckon Azza's in for a big year.:thumbsu::footy::thumbsu::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all pretty close tough call.

Warren as a hard leading hff flank a la Ryan O'Keefe. Not near that level yet but has a lot of similar attributes.

Edwards out of the square, he is a full forward.

Not sure if there is room for McKinley at the moment but he is talented so it's a good problem to have.

Benny Warren mainly for his ability to split a pack and keep defenders honest and looking over their shoulders. Azza and McKinley are both very handy though.

Warren works the hardest but needs to stop having brain explosions.
He has to hurt other teams when he gets the ball.
I think Azza and Mckinley are pretty similar and could also fit in the team.
With hamish out injured we can use ben or azza to cover petrie when he is rucking
The more targets the better for our forward line

There has been talk of Mckinley playing up the ground so expect to see that happen in the Nab cup. You can't be a one trick pony these days. With his beautiful long accurate kick he could slot into a half back flank. Time will tell. He is the perfect size for a footballer too. Whereas i think Edwards is limited and forward 50 is his go. Warren has a huge tank and can play lead up forward role like Nick Riewoldt.

I think Warren & thomas will have to lift thier game if they are going to play much this season. Thomas hardly had a kick after his 8 v the Blues & Warren continually runs under the contest & rarely holds his marks.

Thomas needs to burn the gold boots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben McKinley vs Aaron Edwards vs Ben Warren

Remove this Banner Ad

Back