Bendigo FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The challenge is getting the lower sides to be able to use any extra points they get. Last year Castlemaine on average had 20 points per game up there sleeve.
I think the challenge for Castlemaine, Maryborough and flat to get their best locals playing, their best sides were pretty much all local talent in the 90s.

I think the challenge for Castlemaine, Maryborough and flat to get their best locals playing, their best sides were pretty much all local talent in the 90s.
They seem to be on the right path getting a few back this year, who should be 1 pointers. Hopefully they aren’t asking for stupid money to come back, and leaving some money in the bank to get some decent 4-5 pointers in. I also understand the coach is very well regarded in the town, so if he can continue to drag locals back then they are on the right path.

They seem to be on the right path getting a few back this year, who should be 1 pointers. Hopefully they aren’t asking for stupid money to come back, and leaving some money in the bank to get some decent 4-5 pointers in. I also understand the coach is very well regarded in the town, so if he can continue to drag locals back then they are on the right path.
Is Flaherty still coach of 'Flat?

Has he got the support to build the club Roota? I recall reading their '18's were strong when he took over and his mandate was to develop that talent. Covid has probably stuffed that idea!

He was a good coach at Rochy although I understand the two clubs are very different in relation to on-field performance, and possibly off-field stuff.

Has he got the support to build the club Roota? I recall reading their '18's were strong when he took over and his mandate was to develop that talent. Covid has probably stuffed that idea!

He was a good coach at Rochy although I understand the two clubs are very different in relation to on-field performance, and possibly off-field stuff.
Yep they won the thirds, I think he'd be better off playing in a back pocket and being on a ground general. I think he needs some experience on the ground to help

Yep they won the thirds, I think he'd be better off playing in a back pocket and being on a ground general. I think he needs some experience on the ground to help
Concerning for Flat that they seem to be losing some of those kids. Especially losing them to other local clubs like North Bendigo. Does the club run the pokies there or is that seperate?

Brodie Filo is heading back the the O&M. Jarrod Finlay is off to Cohuna..not sure about others
Eaglehawk will be thereabouts again. A couple of key losses but they have good depth and will be very competitive again. The loss of Filo, whilst a good player isn’t a bad thing for a few reasons.

Concerning for Flat that they seem to be losing some of those kids. Especially losing them to other local clubs like North Bendigo. Does the club run the pokies there or is that seperate?
Consistently losing their young fellows for a variety of reasons and this has been the case for years. Lack of success at senior level and the opportunity to play at more successful clubs where there may also be a dollar or two. Lots of good people involved at a club which cannot find its way out of being mediocre on field despite many high profile players and recruits coming and going, sometimes not lasting very long at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think Eaglehawk don't have a problem with him, probably getting well Remunerated at Wang and play again under Cresswellg
I would think Eaglehawk don't have a problem with him, probably getting well Remunerated at Wang and play again under Cresswell
I would think Eaglehawk don't have a problem with him, probably getting well Remunerated at Wang and play again under Cresswell,
Burra weren’t to worried about him leaving from what I’ve heard. Flying him in from Darwin every week was never going to be a long term plan. They are also focusing heavily on youth at the moment so you’d think at his age he wouldn’t be apart of their next flag

Burra weren’t to worried about him leaving from what I’ve heard. Flying him in from Darwin every week was never going to be a long term plan. They are also focusing heavily on youth at the moment so you’d think at his age he wouldn’t be apart of their next flag
Im Not sure why any club would be keen to fly to many in, during this time especially

Has Flat got some $$$ to allow him to recruit some players? What I mean is it sounds like they aren't close to the ceiling of the salary cap. Is there an actual recruiting committee?
I don't think they've landed a recruit since flaz signed on, a guy with WAFL, vfl and gv coaching experience, the club should be able to coax some players to play under him and help quicken up their youngsters development

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back