Bendigo FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

A

All I can say thus far is that 9 of this year premiership side have informed the club already they won’t be going around at the Dogs next year.

Obviously with an 18s and Reserves side who both played in Grand finals it’s no crisis mode as their is significant depth there as well as a great group of kids coming up. But replacing 9 won’t be easy
They've got good coaches, guys from the twos and thirds ready to go, Gisborne will play finals still. There's bound to be a few Riddell league guys come across, if they get a couple of Riddells best, they'll be right up there still.

How's kyenton going? If they lose Manuel they won't play finals

Heard stroobants back to south bendigo, big get
I am sure they are rapt to have him back, but Stroobants is 33 years old. He will be valuable, especially as an assistant coach, but don't expect him to be the player he was in 2012 when last at South.

We know Gisborne, Strathfieldsaye & Square will be strong again in 2023. They all have great depth. We also know, sadly Castlemaine, Maryborough and Kangaroo Flat will be weak. One wonders just how much longer they can limp along in the BFNL. It is depressing.

To me the most interest at the moment is how the remaining teams will perform. Can Kyneton continue to improve and make the finals? South look like they are at the cross roads with good players leaving, Eaglehawk want to add to their depth but can they? Curnow is a great recruit for Sandhurst but they were found out with their player depth last year. They will need more than Curnow to go higher up the ladder. Unless one of these teams can step up and challenge the top 3, 2023 will be a predictable repeat of 2022. Let us hope this is not the case.

I am sure they are rapt to have him back, but Stroobants is 33 years old. He will be valuable, especially as an assistant coach, but don't expect him to be the player he was in 2012 when last at South.

We know Gisborne, Strathfieldsaye & Square will be strong again in 2023. They all have great depth. We also know, sadly Castlemaine, Maryborough and Kangaroo Flat will be weak. One wonders just how much longer they can limp along in the BFNL. It is depressing.

To me the most interest at the moment is how the remaining teams will perform. Can Kyneton continue to improve and make the finals? South look like they are at the cross roads with good players leaving, Eaglehawk want to add to their depth but can they? Curnow is a great recruit for Sandhurst but they were found out with their player depth last year. They will need more than Curnow to go higher up the ladder. Unless one of these teams can step up and challenge the top 3, 2023 will be a predictable repeat of 2022. Let us hope this is not the case.
Pretty sure that South has landed a very handy Ruckman out off the Ammo’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what Nathan Johns is like, seems to want to back the youth of the 2019 premiership nucleus who are still around and haven’t left (my brother was in the side, but didn’t get to play in the premiership, he has left Flat though) and also the future players coming up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any background known of the new flat coach? Plenty being said as to reasons it didn’t work out at previous clubs
You'd hope he's relocating from Melbourne for starters, doesn't look great when two clubs give you the flick after a year at each, seems to recruit, but no results.

Did flat just go after guys that applied? It feels that way, in this day and age, where you can watch games of different leagues online, surely they should have been scouring after they heard from flaz wasn't going on, and had a short list and list of recruits that live in Bendigo but play elsewhere.

They'll finish below Maine, kyenton and Maryborough this year

You'd hope he's relocating from Melbourne for starters, doesn't look great when two clubs give you the flick after a year at each, seems to recruit, but no results.

Did flat just go after guys that applied? It feels that way, in this day and age, where you can watch games of different leagues online, surely they should have been scouring after they heard from flaz wasn't going on, and had a short list and list of recruits that live in Bendigo but play elsewhere.

They'll finish below Maine, kyenton and Maryborough this year
They’ve had a few young players head to Huntly. Hard to see them winning a game unfortunately. No good to see a Bendigo league club in trouble like they are, the bottom of the BFNL ladder next season won’t be pretty

A

All I can say thus far is that 9 of this year premiership side have informed the club already they won’t be going around at the Dogs next year.

Obviously with an 18s and Reserves side who both played in Grand finals it’s no crisis mode as their is significant depth there as well as a great group of kids coming up. But replacing 9 won’t be easy
McKenna, Blake and reaper all signed up, I'd think that puts them in the top 3

Tommy Horne from Castlemaine playing in town for 2023.
How would he go running around with an EDFL or NFNL Div 1 club.
If Castlemaine don't have a coach, they'll lose more players, the effort of last year will be for nothing, they'll go back to 2021, really poorly set out plan to get a coach, needed to be steady build and a succession plan to occur, all they'll do is appoint another new guy and no continuity for the playing group

If Castlemaine don't have a coach, they'll lose more players, the effort of last year will be for nothing, they'll go back to 2021, really poorly set out plan to get a coach, needed to be steady build and a succession plan to occur, all they'll do is appoint another new guy and no continuity for the playing group
There's no Ross Lyon waiting in the wings Trent...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back