Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t describe how incredible that is and how it made all of us feel at our game today.

Stay strong Castlemaine
And well done to the Square under 18 players who performed part of the guard of honor for the Castlemaine under 18 team before the game. I also saw a photo of the Sandhurst & Gisborne senior teams linking arms as one before their game and I suspect this was also done at other matches. This is very moving and a real credit to all involved.

That's great for the league, genuine biggest name signing for a decade in the league.
Not sure he is that great a decision Trent. Lives on the Gold Coast and will be a fly in player. Plays a few games, the travel gets too much and he gives it away. Then costs Flat plenty with no success.

And if he plays will be parked in the goal square as his legs are shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he is that great a decision Trent. Lives on the Gold Coast and will be a fly in player. Plays a few games, the travel gets too much and he gives it away. Then costs Flat plenty with no success.

And if he plays will be parked in the goal square as his legs are shot.

Its not about him playing its about generating interest in the club and recruiting for next year. When was the last time Flat signed a high profile bloke like that or even been close to getting one?
Also when was the last time the people on this page where actually interested in what Flat are doing?
Tick and Tick from me.

Honestly the fly in fly out thing is not as big a deal as some would have you believe.

If he flies in late Friday, early Saturday, is there for some of the 18s and the 2s, rocks up to the Saturday function then flies out what's the big deal?

Its not about him playing its about generating interest in the club and recruiting for next year. When was the last time Flat signed a high profile bloke like that or even been close to getting one?
Also when was the last time the people on this page where actually interested in what Flat are doing?
Tick and Tick from me.
The last one would have been Ty Zantuck yea?

Can certainly see both sides of this story.

If they are building a culture and have got good young kids coming through do you really want to be dropping a kid for a guy you don’t see during the week for 5 games for the year

On the other hand if he wins them a extra game or 2 and brings an extra hundred people though the gate I can see the positive

It's certainly a big investment if he's flying in from the Gold Coast, there's $400 a week to fly in and out, plus 2k a game, he should be able to play 5 minutes in the ruck a qtr, if they play finals it's a success, if they don't and finish 8th it's a waste, let's hope it's a success

Roota and troops. Don't forget Marty Warry came with Zantuck to the Flat. Why do we remember Warry?

Well, he kicked the very last goal ever for the Fitzroy F.C. before they went north and becme the Brissie Bears.

Roota and troops. Don't forget Marty Warry came with Zantuck to the Flat. Why do we remember Warry?

Well, he kicked the very last goal ever for the Fitzroy F.C. before they went north and becme the Brissie Bears.

Dished out some pretty ordinary hits too didnt he

I know it’s furtherest from many minds and total agree but has there been any talk on what will happen with the seniors game result between Kyneton and Castlemaine.
Looking at PlayHQ it hasn’t been treated as a draw. And unfortunately with the comp the way it is Kyneton wouldn’t have wanted to bank those points before the sad event.

I know it’s furtherest from many minds and total agree but has there been any talk on what will happen with the seniors game result between Kyneton and Castlemaine.
Looking at PlayHQ it hasn’t been treated as a draw. And unfortunately with the comp the way it is Kyneton wouldn’t have wanted to bank those points before the sad
Do we all agree that South, Strath and Kyneton are fighting out 4th and 5th spot?

Surely the season ending injury to McKenna in a side struggling to kick goals nearly puts a line through Gisborne.

As for Flat stil think there a season off at least

Do we all agree that South, Strath and Kyneton are fighting out 4th and 5th spot?

Surely the season ending injury to McKenna in a side struggling to kick goals nearly puts a line through Gisborne.

As for Flat stil think there a season off at least
Post Padding, Kyneton and Castlemaine have been given 2 points each. With Kyneton's poor percentage they need to win one more game than South or Strath over the rest of the season anyway to make the finals. In round 9 they play Strath at Strath. In round 12 they play South at home. A win in either of these games would put them in a good position, but all three contenders are good enough beat any of the top 3 on their day, especially at home, so lets hang on for the ride.

So in effect I agree with your summary KTown, but Gisborne and Flat can still shape the finals as they are both good enough teams to cause upsets, especially on their home grounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back