Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeksy is a gun but from what i have heard its not him that is doing the damage to opposition teams. It is a lot of quality delivery from midfielders! He just does the finishing work of the good play up the ground. In my opinion South's best bet of winning is "up the field" pressure and harrasing the ball carrier to limit the good supply and at least give his opponet some chance of making a contest.

Great game of footy on today with golden squares midfield controlling the game with the end score line flattering to south. Some interesting tactcs by south in the first half with hardinge coming on after the first ten minutes to play in front of weeks and taking off galea who was their most dangerous looking forward. It seemed to send a message that they didnt believe they could win the game. Also taking 3 quarters to put stroobrants onto the ball and get him into the game was too late, as his ability to take the game on and to turn nothing into something was what south was craving for thru the midfield. A great game by his opponent in Anthony Holdstock who has to be one of the most underated players in bendigo having the ability to play on the best forwards whether they ba small or tall. Any club looking for a coach should certainly look at stocka as he is a complete professional. Hard to pick a bad player for square whilst souths best would be galea, anderson hardinge and conaughton

Great game of footy on today with golden squares midfield controlling the game with the end score line flattering to south. Some interesting tactcs by south in the first half with hardinge coming on after the first ten minutes to play in front of weeks and taking off galea who was their most dangerous looking forward. It seemed to send a message that they didnt believe they could win the game. Also taking 3 quarters to put stroobrants onto the ball and get him into the game was too late, as his ability to take the game on and to turn nothing into something was what south was craving for thru the midfield. A great game by his opponent in Anthony Holdstock who has to be one of the most underated players in bendigo having the ability to play on the best forwards whether they ba small or tall. Any club looking for a coach should certainly look at stocka as he is a complete professional. Hard to pick a bad player for square whilst souths best would be galea, anderson hardinge and conaughton

Can someone please tell me if the game today was typical of BFL standard...because it was rubbish. Who ever was doing clanger stats would have gone through 8 biros. If it was the usual standard, then BFL is no more than an average bush league. GVFL is miles and miles in front. I suppose it is expected as I don't think there was anyone out there today with AFL experience, which is very different to the other major leagues around Victoria.

Can someone please tell me if the game today was typical of BFL standard...because it was rubbish. Who ever was doing clanger stats would have gone through 8 biros. If it was the usual standard, then BFL is no more than an average bush league. GVFL is miles and miles in front. I suppose it is expected as I don't think there was anyone out there today with AFL experience, which is very different to the other major leagues around Victoria.
How do you compare the BFNL & GVFL grand finals when they were being played on the same day? - grand finals tend to be scrappy affairs, just look at the AFL grand final last Saturday.

I would agree the GVFL & O&M are a better standard overall, but Square would be a force in either competition. The grand final crowd was up a little in Bendigo which I think was due to it being played on a sunday - not popular with players but standard practice in other major leagues and something the BFL Board should consider making permanent.

It will be interesting to see what Nick Carter does. Square have a number of players who would make very good BFNL coaches but I'd say they will be waiting to see whether Nick continues at Square just in case that position becomes available.

I don't think Weeks did enough to be drafted - but who knows!

didya get many to the hurst grand final brekkie albury .... & b4 anyone else bags weeka the lad is just 22 ... rekon west sydney and sheeds scouts & maybe gc suns, would have had there eyes on him
crowd was pretty good i heard on radio .... gate takings 60 grand ... at least that much if not more on beer and hotdog sales .... pretty good day all round & how lucky was bfl with the fine, sunny weather

How do you compare the BFNL & GVFL grand finals when they were being played on the same day? - grand finals tend to be scrappy affairs, just look at the AFL grand final last Saturday.

I don't think Weeks did enough to be drafted - but who knows!

Thats a contridiction Albury. You are saying that you can't judge the standard of the league by players perfromances on GF day but you are willing to judge Weeks chances of getting drafted by his performance on GF day???? haha. Can't have your cake and eat it too sport.

Going to be a big challenge for our boys.... but we have been the best all year and I expect them to show it again on Sunday and should win by 15 points or so. Hopefully easier so we can enjoy it a bit more!! Be a great reward for Chopper and the boys.

3rds to come up with the chocolates too. Meadey has done a great job with them.

I'm really looking forward to watching the Seniors, Can you sniff an upset? I'm not sure but I think it's going to be a really tight game I give South a geniuene chance this time around.

Great win for Maryborough - bad luck for your guys. What did you think of the game? Despite predictions, it turned out to be the best match of the day.

The senior match was a fizzer I reckon. There wasn't much to get excited about from an independant observer's point of view. The result was probably fitting, however.

Thats a contridiction Albury. You are saying that you can't judge the standard of the league by players perfromances on GF day but you are willing to judge Weeks chances of getting drafted by his performance on GF day???? haha. Can't have your cake and eat it too sport.
Read what I ACTUALLY WROTE mate.

I said you could not 'COMPARE' two grand finals being played on the one day (unless you are really clever and were in two places at once). Otherwise I actually conceded (AGREED WITH YOU) that the standard of the GVFL is higher than the BFNL - but I might add O&M is a higher standard again. You can agree or disagree but only if you have watched both competitions.

Yes I could judge Weeks - I actually watched his performance. It was good but not sensational so I don't know if he will be drafted.

Now where is that cake?

Read what I ACTUALLY WROTE mate.

I said you could not 'COMPARE' two grand finals being played on the one day (unless you are really clever and were in two places at once). Otherwise I actually conceded (AGREED WITH YOU) that the standard of the GVFL is higher than the BFNL - but I might add O&M is a higher standard again. You can agree or disagree but only if you have watched both competitions.

Yes I could judge Weeks - I actually watched his performance. It was good but not sensational so I don't know if he will be drafted.

Now where is that cake?

Weeks was viewed over the year from the start until the finish including his efforts of being leading goal kicker at the country champs in Canberra.
Grand Finals are always hard to judge a player against but he did his job and could have been BOG if he ever kicks straight. Must have kicked 4-5 points and 2 out on the full. Kick 9-10 in a Grand Final and everyone rides your coat tails. He kicked 5 and was the best forward on the ground. Just imagine if Square's midfielders had of hit targets on Sunday, he could of had a field day.

I reckon with a compromised draft he will be rookied by a club. I dont think he will be drafted but I reckon you have a bit to play with and some enormous up side if you can teach him to kick straight.
He isnt a key position player in AFL but would be a handy high lead up forward and I also think he might be a bit quicker than people give him credit for.

Weeks was viewed over the year from the start until the finish including his efforts of being leading goal kicker at the country champs in Canberra.
Grand Finals are always hard to judge a player against but he did his job and could have been BOG if he ever kicks straight. Must have kicked 4-5 points and 2 out on the full. Kick 9-10 in a Grand Final and everyone rides your coat tails. He kicked 5 and was the best forward on the ground. Just imagine if Square's midfielders had of hit targets on Sunday, he could of had a field day.

I reckon with a compromised draft he will be rookied by a club. I dont think he will be drafted but I reckon you have a bit to play with and some enormous up side if you can teach him to kick straight.
He isnt a key position player in AFL but would be a handy high lead up forward and I also think he might be a bit quicker than people give him credit for.

I think you'll find Weeks playing in the GV next year if he doesn't get a crack at AFL, I think he is going as a package with another square player to Rochester

maybe big john not saddling up for the bloods in 2011 boys

just going on addie website story. he mite be calling it quits

With Wilson signing at Strath will he get Maddern to cross over to Strath for next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any able to confirm if the whisper about Alan Ezard maybe coaching Gisborne is any chance of happening?

;)now that d. wilson has got the coaching gig at the storm and has snaged gears geary as 1 of the ass. coaches, will he move in on h. maddern. mind u maddern does not cum cheaply altho i have herd the big guy could be thinking of the dragons as sen. coach after nihilly left

Old Benny Dyett didn't lack any confidence in the paper today, spoke about himself in glowing terms!! Not a bad get for the Flat though he will be good for them, not sure why Dyett hasn't had a crack at Coaching senior football.

I reckon they are in a bit of trouble in the seniors the slide could well continue especially if Maddern leaves.

What does everyone think of Geary going across to the Storm?

Hopefully we can appoint a new coach soon.

Big chance!! And maybe Bert as an assitant depending on how he recovers.
KA is Luke Saunders in the mix for the Gisborne coaching position because if he is I think the club would be mad not to appoint him. He was a great player and leader on the field, (a player I greatly admired) and I think someone who would unite the club and take them back up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back