Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering when it will be announced that Essendon Football Club will be ceasing there links with Bendigo and heading back down the track of having a traditional stand alone reserves team in the VFL. Bendigo Bombers to be no longer with announcement to come in near future. Will this be good for local footy?

Whats your source?

Also when is the BFL going to make it public that the Bendigo Diggers who hold the license for the VFL side want to keep the license going next year using players throughout the comp

30.17 to 3.7. Kyneton beat Gissy last year and now has been reduced to rubble. They are no longer competitive and the RDFL is their only option. I spoke with Filo mid year and the damage that Messina has done to the club has crippled it for life.

I had a wonderful Border Collie for 15 years. Loyal and brave - but when the time came to put it to sleep I maned up and said good bye. Time for the Tigers to be put to sleep. With technolgy now a days it is painless. Time to sleep little brave Tiger. Shhhhhhhhhhh - it will be all over very soon......

30.17 to 3.7. Kyneton beat Gissy last year and now has been reduced to rubble. They are no longer competitive and the RDFL is their only option. I spoke with Filo mid year and the damage that Messina has done to the club has crippled it for life.

I had a wonderful Border Collie for 15 years. Loyal and brave - but when the time came to put it to sleep I maned up and said good bye. Time for the Tigers to be put to sleep. With technolgy now a days it is painless. Time to sleep little brave Tiger. Shhhhhhhhhhh - it will be all over very soon......
Care to elaborate on the Messina situation??, you probably wont as what you say is B&%sh*^t. Why would the RDFL want them in their league?, would create an unwanted bye and another bottom side. Plus they would need to change thier jumper, identity etc. KA, time to wipe the dribble from your chin and keep your stupid posts to the ballarat thread.

ahh, my old mate KA. Why is it i only feel compelled to write on here when it's a topic raised by your good self??

I ask of you this. If you spoke to Filo mid year, did he speak to you like a man who wanted to return to a club he loved, in desperate need of strong leadership, to help them change leagues to a lower league because it was all a bit to hard for them. Or did he talk to you like a man who was determined to return the club to the glory days he was once a part of with Kyneton. Like a man who was prepared to do the hard yards, like not open the cheque book and try and solve the clubs on field issues by trying to buy a few wins. Do you think he would he would have been short on offers around from clubs all over Victoria wanting his services, do you think he took the Kyneton job because it was his only choice. Do you think he knows what it takes to take a team to the top. Do you think there would be many better qualified people in or around the Bendigo Football League to take on the challenge of ressurecting a club who, by their own admissions, have been at rock bottom for some time. I'm sure if he wanted an easy job there would have been plenty of other options for him. From the outside looking in, i'd say Kyneton have got the man they need in charge, the first piece of the jigsaw (albeit quite a large jigsaw), in place.

So whilst you may (or may not) have spoken with Filo mid year, maybe you could break with your journalistic style comment and tell the big footy world everything he may have said to you, rather than just a snippet.

I don't claim to know Derrick very well, however, having seen what he has done as a coach in the Bendigo Football League with various teams since he started his coaching career, i'm pretty sure he know's what he's got himself in for, and i'm pretty sure dropping back to the RDFL isn't in his thoughts. Do you? And i know you'll go on about how bad they have been for so long and all that dribble you usually spit out, but maybe, just maybe, you will see that what's done is done, the club looks to have learnt from it's mistakes, and seem to be trying as hard as they ever have to get back on track. It's in best interests of everyone in the BFL, and more specifically, those of you from the country clubs, that the country clubs are strong. Just ask your coach.

P.S - Kyneton vs North Melbourne might have been a good match up on the weekend. 3 goals each. Are North headed for the RDFL as well?

ahh, my old mate KA. Why is it i only feel compelled to write on here when it's a topic raised by your good self??

I ask of you this. If you spoke to Filo mid year, did he speak to you like a man who wanted to return to a club he loved, in desperate need of strong leadership, to help them change leagues to a lower league because it was all a bit to hard for them. Or did he talk to you like a man who was determined to return the club to the glory days he was once a part of with Kyneton. Like a man who was prepared to do the hard yards, like not open the cheque book and try and solve the clubs on field issues by trying to buy a few wins. Do you think he would he would have been short on offers around from clubs all over Victoria wanting his services, do you think he took the Kyneton job because it was his only choice. Do you think he knows what it takes to take a team to the top. Do you think there would be many better qualified people in or around the Bendigo Football League to take on the challenge of ressurecting a club who, by their own admissions, have been at rock bottom for some time. I'm sure if he wanted an easy job there would have been plenty of other options for him. From the outside looking in, i'd say Kyneton have got the man they need in charge, the first piece of the jigsaw (albeit quite a large jigsaw), in place.

So whilst you may (or may not) have spoken with Filo mid year, maybe you could break with your journalistic style comment and tell the big footy world everything he may have said to you, rather than just a snippet.

I don't claim to know Derrick very well, however, having seen what he has done as a coach in the Bendigo Football League with various teams since he started his coaching career, i'm pretty sure he know's what he's got himself in for, and i'm pretty sure dropping back to the RDFL isn't in his thoughts. Do you? And i know you'll go on about how bad they have been for so long and all that dribble you usually spit out, but maybe, just maybe, you will see that what's done is done, the club looks to have learnt from it's mistakes, and seem to be trying as hard as they ever have to get back on track. It's in best interests of everyone in the BFL, and more specifically, those of you from the country clubs, that the country clubs are strong. Just ask your coach.

P.S - Kyneton vs North Melbourne might have been a good match up on the weekend. 3 goals each. Are North headed for the RDFL as well?

I read with interest ka's comments and is obviously an idiot however I happen to barrack for North and resent your P.S Bart whoever you may be-if you are the Colbo Bart I suggest you do not have much credibility-hope this does not offend any other posters with not much credibility

Not a bad round today. All teams outside the five would give themselves a chance of a win.
There is also a fair bit at stake in every one of the five games.

Would have been a good round for a Sunday match.

Word on the street is that ur big bellied foe, Kings Army, has been deregistered from Big Footy...............Drinks anyone????:thumbsu:

The King is dead - Long live the King.

I am sure he is fine Spretchy but if you want to celebrate come to the Graveyard on the 30th for the cracking Gissy V Eaglehawk match. It may give you good reason to give that rabble Woodend a miss.. Esepcially if Saunders, Barham and Belcher all make there awaited come backs!!!!

The King is dead - Long live the King.

I am sure he is fine Spretchy but if you want to celebrate come to the Graveyard on the 30th for the cracking Gissy V Eaglehawk match. It may give you good reason to give that rabble Woodend a miss.. Esepcially if Saunders, Barham and Belcher all make there awaited come backs!!!!
Woodend no where near a rabble, more a result of a non player paying policy over the years biting them on the arse. Wont be watching any Gissy games as the sight of that jumper makes me feel a bit queezy. Good news on the KA front though!!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woodend no where near a rabble, more a result of a non player paying policy over the years biting them on the arse. Wont be watching any Gissy games as the sight of that jumper makes me feel a bit queezy. Good news on the KA front though!!:thumbsu:

Chuck is one of Kings Army's aliases - one that he logs out of KA and into Chuck so that someone will back up his childish vile invective.

chuckie: belcher played for gizzy against storm way back in splitt round ten has he been out since that game, injured or summat :eek:

Moving on from the demise of the serial pest, Maryborough's win on the weekend has them sitting just outside the five. Impressive, given that most punters had them as a genuine chance for the spoon.

Chuck is one of Kings Army's aliases - one that he logs out of KA and into Chuck so that someone will back up his childish vile invective.

What rubbish and bit rich coming from you - TAITA is an aliases!

How about a Kyneton update? I have searched all country Victorian leagues and could only find 1 team worse in the whole of Victoria - Swanpool. With no wins and a % of 25.92% Kyneton are in real trouble. I still do not see why another league is not an option??

1) The stress of raising funds for player payments would be significantly reduced.
2) the increased chance to attract players to a team that is competitive increases.
3) the greater chances of retaining the kids who are not getting belted each week - which in turn:

1) Attracts people through the gate to watch them play.
2) Attracts sponsorship through success.

This has been a 10 year battle and nothing is improving. It has zero to do with the good people who donate their time but 2 massive factors.

1) Geography - it is too far from Melbourne and if you live in Bendigo you play for a local side. Kyneton may attract the Condos of the world but they don't last long and paying players overs to get them to a team is a short term gain for long term pain.

2) Community demographic - how can I put this so no to upset the natives - its a poor town rich in love and fresh abattoir meat.

For some reason dropping down a level is viewed as a bad thing when there are so many positives. Leauges like the EDFL are set up for struggling teams to go back to a lower grade.

Can anyone from Kyneton explain the need to stay in the BenFL?? Is it pride or am I missing something??

What rubbish and bit rich coming from you - TAITA is an aliases!

How about a Kyneton update? I have searched all country Victorian leagues and could only find 1 team worse in the whole of Victoria - Swanpool. With no wins and a % of 25.92% Kyneton are in real trouble. I still do not see why another league is not an option??

1) The stress of raising funds for player payments would be significantly reduced.
2) the increased chance to attract players to a team that is competitive increases.
3) the greater chances of retaining the kids who are not getting belted each week - which in turn:

1) Attracts people through the gate to watch them play.
2) Attracts sponsorship through success.

This has been a 10 year battle and nothing is improving. It has zero to do with the good people who donate their time but 2 massive factors.

1) Geography - it is too far from Melbourne and if you live in Bendigo you play for a local side. Kyneton may attract the Condos of the world but they don't last long and paying players overs to get them to a team is a short term gain for long term pain.

2) Community demographic - how can I put this so no to upset the natives - its a poor town rich in love and fresh abattoir meat.

For some reason dropping down a level is viewed as a bad thing when there are so many positives. Leauges like the EDFL are set up for struggling teams to go back to a lower grade.

Can anyone from Kyneton explain the need to stay in the BenFL?? Is it pride or am I missing something??
1 Geography-it is too far from melbourne....What has your horse and cart got a puncture sushine....what a load of garbage.Try telling the players who travel hundreds of ks each week(try melb to balranald for example) or thousands of ks each weekend(darwin to navarre) that one hour up the freeway is too great a journey to partake. What a stupid statement. As for changing leagues in time things can turn around,try suggesting something positive insted of this negative c**p.

Imo, the absolute shit that you have sprouted, and disrespect that you have shown to this board and members in the process, has excluded you from any meaningful discussion.

Your choice - live with it.

1 Geography-it is too far from melbourne....What has your horse and cart got a puncture sushine....what a load of garbage.Try telling the players who travel hundreds of ks each week(try melb to balranald for example) or thousands of ks each weekend(darwin to navarre) that one hour up the freeway is too great a journey to partake. What a stupid statement. As for changing leagues in time things can turn around,try suggesting something positive insted of this negative c**p.

I had a good mate play for Maroopna - for 1 year. Another mates club fly 2 players down from the Gold Coast each week this year - they are playing in QLD next year. Sure it can be done but players won't do it for 10 years - and the ones that do are in the very small marjority.

1 hour up the freeway?? How about the way games to Castlemaine, Eaglehawk or Strath.

So why do Kyneton lose so many players and struggle to get players to the club? If they enjoy the senic drive past Macedon, maybe a quick stop at Straws Lane to roll up a hill and the excitment of stopping for home made quiches in Marmsbury then there must be other reasons if you have now ruled out travel?

Again you see changing leagues as negative. Go speak to someone from Daylesford - they left the BalFL and now thriving - they now play in front of much bigger crowds and play finals most years. Best move ever!

I had a good mate play for Maroopna - for 1 year. Another mates club fly 2 players down from the Gold Coast each week this year - they are playing in QLD next year. Sure it can be done but players won't do it for 10 years - and the ones that do are in the very small marjority.

1. talking about Kyneton being shit
2. referencing the abbatoir
3. starting sentences with "I had a mate once..."
4. Referencing BenFL on a Bendigo thread, beacuse u don't want to confuse yourself with BalFL & your beloved "Sunba"

My sidey-senses are telling me Kings Army never left... pfft:rolleyes:

4. Referencing BenFL on a Bendigo thread, beacuse u don't want to confuse yourself with BalFL & your beloved "Sunba"

Your a genius.
Ring-a-ding ding, long live the King !!

Does anyone think Square will be beaten this year ?

I dont !

And that he spelt malmsbury "marmsbury", its funny how the gisborne ferals seem to chirp up when the Kyneton boys are struggling.. I believe i didn't here to much dribble coming from their mouth last year when the Tigers knocked them off.

What needs to be taken into consideration is 5 players who are over the age of 22 is the most Kyneton have had in one game. Im sure the town is alot happier seeing all the local kids run around who turn up to all functions, do things around the club, and actually wanna play in the Tiger jumper than seeing recruits turn up earn there huge amount of money then be lucky to be seen again until the following Saturday. The club is heading in the right direction and whilst its going through some hard times, the results will show next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back