Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree but the big question to be answered is will Sq turn up on the day?

Will A.Collins coach Hurst next year? and could that make the difference?

Well Cosmo they (Square) certainly turned up last Saturday! I believe they have improved greatly in the latter half of the season.

As for the Dragons coaching situation, the club has a sound administration and I don't believe they will be thinking about this at the moment and will be right behind Brett Fitzpatrick. However I am sure they would love to get Andy Collins back to the club in any capacity sometime in the future.

Well Cosmo they (Square) certainly turned up last Saturday! I believe they have improved greatly in the latter half of the season.

As for the Dragons coaching situation, the club has a sound administration and I don't believe they will be thinking about this at the moment and will be right behind Brett Fitzpatrick. However I am sure they would love to get Andy Collins back to the club in any capacity sometime in the future.

Any sound administration would be definitely planning for their coach for next season despite them still being currently still involved in the current season I would think

I was talking about the grand final, sorry AlburyE can't see Hurst being there have EH and top two above you.... but best of luck happy to be wrong.

As for Collins someone must have spoken to him?

I was talking about the grand final, sorry AlburyE can't see Hurst being there have EH and top two above you.... but best of luck happy to be wrong.

As for Collins someone must have spoken to him?

I think (sadly) you are pretty much on the mark Cosmo. Like all good supporters I follow the Dragons with my heart, not with my head and hence never give up hope. With regards to Andy Collins I think his name will always come up in any Sandhurst coaching discussions simply because he and his family have such strong historical connections to the club. Roota's comments are also on the mark. Luke Beattie is the only playing coach in the competition and that is by default. However I stll think there is room for a playing coach who can lead by example, providing he has a strong back up team calling the shots from the bench.

Just on Collins or any coach for that matter. Is a playing coach the way to go. Non playing seems to be the trend in the BFL?

Non playing, can have a playing assistant. To be honest I'm amazed at how few assistant most clubs have in this league. Not paying a lot of attention to the benches but I'd think Flat would have the most standing on their bench? This could also be a reflection on just how thin the coaching ranks are in the country.

With Nathan Thompson moving back to Kyneton is there any chance he may be involved in a coaching capacity next year? I know he has commitments to call some games and might not be the head coach but he would be handy to get back into the club in some capacity.
Also heard Weightman is going back to QLD next year which is a big loss if true.

If adcock is not picked up by another club, what chance would he be to coach his former home club, now that would be a massive boost for maryborough

Massive get for the Borough next year if possible. Will a handy inclusion with a handful with some of RDFL premier players from recent premierships. The addition of another key position player form the WRFL could see them improve significantly. They've either struck gold or Dellavedova has dropped his wallet on a recent trip home by the sounds.

Going with an upset Square to win the lot, seem to be peaking at the right time. Last year Milne was the difference, he is 1/4 of the player he was last year. Expecting two big blowouts this weekend with Square and Hawks to win by plenty!

still going for a Sunday blowout cossie?? Gerta out for 6 weeks so finals gone for him --- Sean Williams no certainty either
who will kick burra's goals
little Weightman mite get a few for the Tiges

still going for a Sunday blowout cossie?? Gerta out for 6 weeks so finals gone for him --- Sean Williams no certainty either
who will kick burra's goals
little Weightman mite get a few for the Tiges

Revising the winning margin from 15 goals to 10 goals - you call it what you will!

Worth going and watching Wightmans last game in the BFNL the guy is a serious jet (only player better is Jones)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight's 77 point win by the Dragons over Square represents a 161 point (27 goals) turn around on their 84 point loss just 4 weeks ago.

Unbelievable!!!

Who were the better players...no details up on website....:mad:

They had no passengers as you would expect in a win of this size. As a supporter I would make the following comments.

Blair Holmes has changed the style of the entire team. He is a truly great leader. Under him for the first time in my memory the Sandhurst midfield has become physical/accountable with guys like Ngwawati & Stagg responding and, with the likes of East and McLean, they actually hunt in packs. With Tim Martin back they are getting their fair share of the ball and that is all they need. In the past if Lee Coghlan was injured they were gone. Not now.

As for other better players Codie Price and James Coghlan led an oustanding backline and Matt Thorton really straightens up the attack when he plays in a key forward position.

Above all it was the physical style of football played by the entire team against Square that impressed me.

They had no passengers as you would expect in a win of this size. As a supporter I would make the following comments.

Blair Holmes has changed the style of the entire team. He is a truly great leader. Under him for the first time in my memory the Sandhurst midfield has become physical/accountable with guys like Ngwawati & Stagg responding and, with the likes of East and McLean, they actually hunt in packs. With Tim Martin back they are getting their fair share of the ball and that is all they need. In the past if Lee Coghlan was injured they were gone. Not now.

As for other better players Codie Price and James Coghlan led an oustanding backline and Matt Thorton really straightens up the attack when he plays in a key forward position.

Above all it was the physical style of football played by the entire team against Square that impressed me.

Defiantly eating my words re Hurst - SQ looked cooked very early and just got out run and out toughed at the contest.

I really hope that Hurst go in with a shut down mentality against Strath as they can't beat them by going head to head in a shoot out!

Defiantly eating my words re Hurst - SQ looked cooked very early and just got out run and out toughed at the contest.

I really hope that Hurst go in with a shut down mentality against Strath as they can't beat them by going head to head in a shoot out!

Totally agree Cosmo.

Got the makings of a great Grand Final this weekend. Dragons were close to a complete performance against Golden Square in the Prelim and matches throughout the year show we can match up on them quite well.

Dragons by 8 points B.Holmes BOG.

Big news on RDFL blog, Tom Waters signed with Macedon
Fair bit of work to be done down the highway with a mass exodus put on hold whilst the coach tries to work through some issues with their best players to stop more heading into the rdfl. Both tough these days but better to keep players than face the battle of replacing them!

Could be a big mass exodus from one of the closer in Bendigo Club's next season too. A number heading to Inglewood in Loddon Valley League, one heading home to Rochester and another to the Goulburn Valley.Wedderburn snooping around same club too.

Hi all, Yes I finally show face on here after a long period of absence, in the ultimate week of BFNL footy this year.

Good luck to all teams on the weekend, especially my mob from Tannery Lane. It is pleasing to see that the a club that was born from nothing 7 yeas ago, having all of their football and netball sides in this year's finals series at some stage. Remarkable effort that !

Special mention to the A grade girls contesting in their first ever GF against a strong GS side. Hoping the girls can take to the big stage on the day and cause an upset. Well done to Barto Leahy in getting the Under 18's playing inspiring football at the right time of year, in which should hold in good stead for tomorrow's big dance.

As for the main game, well I think last week the Dragon's showed they can fire when required, and although I'm tipping the Storm to go back to back, I think the match will be tighter than what many would have expected a few weeks ago. Wasn't at the prelim, so can't comment on the performance of Sandhurst but if Daryl's boys are allowed to play their free flowing "run with" game, like they were allowed against the Square in the 2nd semi, then it will be all over at half time. However if Sandhurst's physicality and intensity that was applied to the Square side last week is brought to the match tomorrow, then I think it will be a tight encounter.

Good luck to your boys Dragon Fly, and may the best side on the day win !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back