Bendigo vs North Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not moving the goalposts.

I'm saying he has little to no chance of making it as an AFL player.

I'd like to know what chance you give him of making it?

I have stated my reasons as to why I think he won't and to clarify I reckon his composure and skills will not stand up at AFL level.

He just looks like a good VFL player that doesn't have the tools to crack it at the top level.

You did move the goal posts. The betting on him making it to the AFL and making it to 150 games is very different.

I think Hislops skills are quite good and will not fall off at AFL level. Will improve over time to be a gun midfielder.

The difference with Hocking is that at AFL level I don't think he will have the time and space to be able to execute his skills and they will drop off. He won't be able handle the pace and intensity.

Hislop will be able to make that time and space and execute.

As for the others I've seen...

Houli needs a fair bit of work before he becomes a regular AFL player. After seeing him at AFL level and at VFL he needs to be taught a few things before he can cut it as a midfielder. There's a little bit of Bullen I see in him that I don't like.

I like the look of Lonergan and I think he can make it at AFL level. I just hope he gets put in the centre for Bendigo and is played there most of the game instead of roles in the forward line.

Anyone else think we should have a look at rookie listing Flaherty next year? From bits and pieces i've seen he looks very good at Fullback. Kept Aaron Edwards to just the 1 goal yesterday.

Anyone else think we should have a look at rookie listing Flaherty next year? From bits and pieces i've seen he looks very good at Fullback. Kept Aaron Edwards to just the 1 goal yesterday.
Do you know much about his form from rd1, has he consistatly played well the whole year or has he just played well in patches?

Bit of an old school defender from what I can tell.

He does his job defensively but doesn't get a lot of the footy. In a weak draft, he could be some sort of chance.

Flaherty sounds like a good talent. I myself would'nt be that worried if he got much of the footy as long as he stops his man which he seems to do. I think it would be a great move by the club to draft him at the end of the year and would really love it if we got him to the club. Does anyone think many clubs would be interested in picking him up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking of VFL listed players, what ever happened to Kris Pendlebury?

If I recall correctly, he, along with Maddern, trained with Essendon in the pre-season not too long back. I thought he was showing a bit as a versatile defender.

Given the talent of Scott, I thought he might be worth the risk. He seems to have drifted right out of the picture.

can anyone comment on G. Weeks ? Played well from Bendigo reserves on the w/end.

Hasnt been going too badly. Played a few senior games but was dropped back to the reserves when all the Essendon listed players where available over the last two weeks. Will probably get another run this week given we will be missing a good number of players.
Obviously the fact he hasnt played a lot of footy in recent times held him back a bit but he has been improving most weeks .

I liked the look of him in the game against Tassie.

Looked like he had good closing speed and got his body in to good positions.

At 19 and 192 cm he looks like he might be worth a punt.

Anyone know anymore about him?

He has played on some decent players this year and has done a good job on a lot of them. Like Longy has said he doesnt win a lot of the footy but his defencive skills would certainly give him a chance of being looked at for a rookie list spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo vs North Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back