• Yes, but he went a little too far

• No, but protecting players is key

• No, totally unacceptable but that is it, move on

• No, totally unacceptable and needs a sanction

• I barrack for another club and just want to see the results

• I am in the media and need my next news story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevos rant seemed like someone with a head full of adrenaline not quite making sense after his initial outburst

I'd say it was the opposite. He kept his composure, despite a long day and night with clearly a lot going on additionally behind the scenes. For a long time, we've kept these issues under a rug. In my opinion, this is absolutely brilliant. The man has a spine, integrity and will protect his Bulldog family. He'll risk his position to speak out against injustice. And when he does it, he knows when to walk away as well. It actually sends a positive message.

Thank you Bev, never change.

The hand wringing from self-important journos is reaching hysterical levels now.

Robbo suggesting Tom Morris should consider legal action.

An attack against one of them is an attack against all of them. If Tom Morris is a muckracking gutter journalist then all of them are.

The hand wringing from self-important journos is reaching hysterical levels now.

Robbo suggesting Tom Morris should consider legal action.

Genuine LOL moment. That's the problem with journos of today they think they can write or broadcast whatever they please with impunity.

They think about the 'story' and not the consequences or that actual people are involved. Look at how eager they are to write about when a player 'takes a break'.

They fall over themselves to the point the club or their player has to disclose its due to mental health. It's crap. Morris works for Fox, so News Corp, so hardly a shock when it comes to ethics and integrity.

Just dropped in to say I loved what Bevo said in this presser. His choice of words, maybe at times a little too personal were completely warranted considering the explosion of ‘muckraking’ gutter journalism in the last few years.

Sadly they won’t give a sh*t when it comes down to it, or the essence of what he was saying. These ‘journos’ are trolls without ethics. Living for clickbait and personal ambition. They would happily destroy a player’s mental health or even a club if it was good for their careers.

Genuine LOL moment. That's the problem with journos of today they think they can write or broadcast whatever they please with impunity.

They think about the 'story' and not the consequences or that actual people are involved. Look at how eager they are to write about when a player 'takes a break'.

They fall over themselves to the point the club or their player has to disclose its due to mental health. It's crap. Morris works for Fox, so News Corp, so hardly a shock when it comes to ethics and integrity.
Yep.

Time for an official Code of Conduct for AFL "journos".

Tom Morris:

1. Private School boy
2. Employed by NewsCorp
3. Donald Trump supporter

Now if that is not the trifecta of campaignerism then I don’t know what is.
The fact that even Jesse Hogan, a contracted player, called him out back in 2019 really does say a lot. Outside of Tom Browne, you almost never see players directly calling out journalists

Tom Morris:

1. Private School boy
2. Employed by NewsCorp
3. Donald Trump supporter

Now if that is not the trifecta of campaignerism then I don’t know what is.
MCC member (I assume)
Merges in traffic and never gives a thank you wave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are all dogs fans under the assumption that Hunter and Gardner (21 GF) were both made aware of selection via the media before the coach and that’s why Bevo is so furious? I can understand why he would be fuming as it can create some genuine unrest from those players. I just wish he explained this a little better last night.

Are all dogs fans under the assumption that Hunter and Gardner (21 GF) were both made aware of selection via the media before the coach and that’s why Bevo is so furious? I can understand why he would be fuming as it can create some genuine unrest from those players. I just wish he explained this a little better last night.
I think Hunter was definitely aware but the Gardner/VDM situation is a little more unclear. I'd say a lot of what was said last night wasn't to do with the Hunter incident but rather the GF incident which Bevo has clearly not moved on from.

Its instructive that Beveridge has beef with the two biggest muck racking shitstains in AFLMedia. Damien Barrett and Tom Morris.

This alone should be enough for the football following community to get fully behind Beveridge.

Brothers. Sisters. Comrades. Its time to take to the streets and bring down those masquerading as journalists at AFLMedia.

BEVO.jpg

Last edited:
I think what he was getting at is that it's not good for players' mental health to have the speculation about why they were omitted and have coaches field questions about it before they have time to control the narrative. I dunno, he went off the rails and stopped making sense a few sentences before that.

I look forward to the the AFL media's completely impartial discussion on this matter over the next many months as they continue to strive for maintaining impeccable journalistic integrity.

Shame he didn't bag out Caro as well

Good idea. Then she could pummel Beveridge about the head with the misogynistic card as well as her quiver full of poison arrows.

Bulldogs supporters would be well advised to give what passes for football analysis a wide birth in the coming week.

Last edited:
I look forward to the the AFL media's completely impartial discussion on this matter over the next many months as they continue to strive for maintaining impeccable journalistic integrity.

Doing so according to their (self imposed) rigorous set of ethics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Berko Bevo vs. the former Muckraker Morris in the Round 1 presser

Back