List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking up CeLLIS GAMES PLAYED from 2015-17 I was surprised to see that he played Round 1 against Coburg in 2015 which suggests he didn't miss a preseason as he was up and running from game 1. he also played games early in the season in our AFL side which supports my suspicions.

Jun 19 Eagles Loss 70-90 2 4 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
Round 10 Jun 5 Dockers Win 97-70 5 4 9 4 1 0 3 0 2 2 0 0 1 0 0
Round 9 May 30 Bombers Win 72-59 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Round 8 May 24 Power Win 76-43 3 2 5 1 0 0 4 0 0 1 1 3 1 0 0
Round 7 May 17 Magpies Win 105-100 6 7 13 3 0 0 1 0 1 2 3 0 0 1 0
Round 5 May 2 Cats Loss 76-85 3 10 13 2 1 1 2 0 0 0 2 3 0 1 2

Now in 2016 he played all the games in the AFL from Round 1- 12 barring round 9 which again confirms he didn't miss a preseason and even if he had an interrupted one then amazingly he got picked for games?????

Now in 2017 he played 16 Vfl games with 12 being home and away and he also played 6 AFL games which amounts to 22 games for the season.Hardly resembling a bloke who's missed a preseason.

Description Date Opponent Result K HB D M G B T HO GA I50 CL CG R50 FF FA AF SC
Round 21 Aug 12 Cats Loss 66-80 3 6 9 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 1 3 0 0 31 39
Round 20 Aug 6 Hawks Win 93-64 5 5 10 2 2 0 4 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 60 74
Round 19 Jul 29 Suns Win 98-65 8 6 14 3 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 2 2 0 0 63 65
Round 18 Jul 23 Giants Win 64-45 5 4 9 2 0 0 3 0 0 3 0 3 1 0 0 41 37
Round 8 May 14 Dockers Loss 70-72 7 5 12 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 46 39
Round 7 May 6 Bulldogs Loss 75-80 2 4 6 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 22 23

Now Graham who hadn't played since late 2016 played his first of 7 VFL games on 7/6/17 with a few games missed afterwards before he came back to earn a spot in our AFL side . Not bad for a bloke who hadn't had an AFL preseason in his first year . Now CEllis missing a preseason has been put to sleep I will again remind you that missing preseasons is bull shit and even if a player does then the afl ready bodied players get to the accepted playing standard almost immediately.

I will conclude the reason why CEllis has only played 23 games in three seasons is not due to a lack of preseason due to injuries, but a lack of talent ,hardness at the contest and less talented in comparison to most of the young players that have entered our list after his draft. He as i said has been displaced already by 7 players who were drafted a lot later than him with 2 being rookies and two others at pick 53 and71.He also is in danger of falling behind 7 other younger players which puts him in the delisting zone due to his lack of development to get to the expected level.

In his draft year Ellis missed the latter half of the TAC season with a stress fracture and was on a restricted program in his first preseason. In his debut year after debuting in round 5, he once again suffered a foot injury that again required surgery, which meant another delayed start to his preseason. In the 2016 season he had a groin injury that saw him miss another 6 weeks after he had played 11 of the first 12 matches, which suggests that he had started to establish himself in the 22, by time he came back with a few weeks left in the season we were trialling a bunch of other kids who had not had a crack and he ended the year in the VFL. When preseason rolled around he was still restricted by the groin injury and wasn't able to join full training until after Christmas.

But you go ahead and keep believing your opinions that Ellis hasn't been hampered by injuries but lacks talent and hardness at the contest, I'll keep believing the facts that show the complete opposite.

In his draft year Ellis missed the latter half of the TAC season with a stress fracture and was on a restricted program in his first preseason. In his debut year after debuting in round 5, he once again suffered a foot injury that again required surgery, which meant another delayed start to his preseason. In the 2016 season he had a groin injury that saw him miss another 6 weeks after he had played 11 of the first 12 matches, which suggests that he had started to establish himself in the 22, by time he came back with a few weeks left in the season we were trialling a bunch of other kids who had not had a crack and he ended the year in the VFL. When preseason rolled around he was still restricted by the groin injury and wasn't able to join full training until after Christmas.

But you go ahead and keep believing your opinions that Ellis hasn't been hampered by injuries but lacks talent and hardness at the contest, I'll keep believing the facts that show the complete opposite.
HE HASN'T MISSED ANY PRESEASONS . He has had small interruptions with injuries,but unlike Graham he's never missed a preseason and lol he came back after Christmas inearly 2017.Now if a player after two years on an afl list struggles to get his body up from after Christmas then you are supporting my argument his body isn't cut out for afl footy. Players do work on their body whether injured or not as sports rehabilitation TODAY is not back in the 70's.
if a player has a shoulder injury he still is able to work on his lower body region like legs and hips.This is one reason why players can get up to the mark faster
In 2015 in his first season he played round 1 right through to being picked round 5 in the afl.WAS DRropped BY RD10 and couldn't work his way back into the side
in 2016 he didn't miss a preseason and played 11 of our first 12 games ,but got injured which meant he should have got up to the level after 3 weeks yet he couldn't get back into our poor side.
2017 HE PLAYED 22 GAMES WAS DROPPED against the Cats for a pick 53 kid who hadn't had a preseason in his first year of AFL.

Now that you've been proven to be grossly out with your preseason line you're up with the personal slants. This is yet another example
OF YOU PROVIDING THE BOARD WITH INACCURACIES.
I'm done with you now as you're either a liar or just somebody to lazy to seek the truth ,but your worse trait is you change the story or refuse to believe the truth even after the evidence is provided.Get this in your head:

COREY ELLIS HASN'T MISSED ANY PRESEASONS

Last edited:
I was surprised that Cellis made the GF squad, given how much we won by, he was a midfielder-soft-tissue-tweak-during-the-warm-up away from a premiership medallion...unless the tweaked was Dusty.

If he comes good this year it's a bonus really, genuinely hope he can put it together.

HE HASN'T MISSED ANY PRESEASONS . He has had small interruptions with injuries,but unlike Graham he's never missed a preseason and lol he came back after Christmas inearly 2017.Now if a player after two years on an afl list struggles to get his body up from after Christmas then you are supporting my argument his body isn't cut out for afl footy. Players do work on their body whether injured or not as sports rehabilitation TODAY is not back in the 70's.
if a player has a shoulder injury he still is able to work on his lower body region like legs and hips.This is one reason why players can get up to the mark faster
In 2015 in his first season he played round 1 right through to being picked round 5 in the afl.WAS DRropped BY RD10 and couldn't work his way back into the side
in 2016 he didn't miss a preseason and played 11 of our first 12 games ,but got injured which meant he should have got up to the level after 3 weeks yet he couldn't get back into our poor side.
2017 HE PLAYED 22 GAMES WAS DROPPED against the Cats for a pick 53 kid who hadn't had a preseason in his first year of AFL.

Now that you've been proven to be grossly out with your preseason line you're up with the personal slants. This is yet another example
OF YOU PROVIDING THE BOARD WITH INACCURACIES.
I'm done with you now as you're either a liar or just somebody to lazy to seek the truth ,but your worse trait is you change the story or refuse to believe the truth even after the evidence is provided.Get this in your head:

COREY ELLIS HASN'T MISSED ANY PRESEASONS
See if you can comprehend:

Corey Ellis has never completed a full preseason

That is what I have said all along, I never said he has missed complete preseasons, your ability to misunderstand that simple statement and turn it into he has missed full preseasons is truly astounding. So once more just in case you've missed it again:

For the record Jack Graham has never missed a complete preseason either, like Ellis he has completed a partial preseason where he was managed through after battling hamstring tendonitis early on before breaking his ankle just prior to the season starting. But lets not discuss that as we wouldn't want to expose your inaccurate reporting of 'facts'

See if you can comprehend:

That is what I have said all along, I never said he has missed complete preseasons, your ability to misunderstand that simple statement and turn it into he has missed full preseasons is truly astounding. So once more just in case you've missed it again:

For the record Jack Graham has never missed a complete preseason either, like Ellis he has completed a partial preseason where he was managed through after battling hamstring tendonitis early on before breaking his ankle just prior to the season starting. But lets not discuss that as we wouldn't want to expose your inaccurate reporting of 'facts'
You’re a BSA now move on as I’ve proven my point.
The Graham shit you dished up further strengthens my case that a first year player can play his first game in June and walk into a Premiership side and get in the best on the big dance. Yet poor little CEllis Into his third season has played vfl or afl in round one 2015-17 is still looking for a full preseason. Nonsense on stilts from the village bsa.

Last edited:
Currently he is not best 22 and if we are to be honest he has Menadue,Markov,Miles,Lloyd ahead of him at this point in time, Corey Ellis is a Richmond player and is on the list in 2017 so will have every chance to prove his place and will have this year to try to become a best 22 player - Who he replaces i dont know as he is primarily an inside midfielder and Richmond have some pretty good talent on the inside.

2017 will be a very important year for corey, Not sure about his contract status but will be in danger at the end of the year to be trade bait if not showing progress

Currently he is not best 22 and if we are to be honest he has Menadue,Markov,Miles,Lloyd ahead of him at this point in time, Corey Ellis is a Richmond player and is on the list in 2017 so will have every chance to prove his place and will have this year to try to become a best 22 player - Who he replaces i dont know as he is primarily an inside midfielder and Richmond have some pretty good talent on the inside.

2017 will be a very important year for corey, Not sure about his contract status but will be in danger at the end of the year to be trade bait if not showing progress
Bingo Gun and us agreeing is becoming a worry although the points we agree on are obvious ;)

You’re a BSA now move on as I’ve proven my point.
The Graham shit you dished up further strengthens my case that a first year player can play his first game in June and walk into a Premiership side and get in the best on the big dance. Yet poor little CEllis Into his third season has played vfl or afl in round one 2015-17 is still looking for a full preseason. Nonsense on stilts from the village bsa.
Just because Ellis played round 1 in a season doesn't mean he hasn't had interrupted preseasons, just the way that Graham had an interrupted preseason and here is the kicker, if Graham hadn't of broken his ankle the week the AFL season he too would have played in round 1 of the 2017 albeit in the VFL. But I don't expect you to understand this as you've proven you have an elite ability in failing to understand the most basic of comments.

Based on the last selected side he is ahead of them. :p

Corey re-signed for 2 years in 2016 so this is the final year of that contract, so you're right he will have to show something and I'm backing him to do so. I don't think we'll be as fortunate with injuries in 2018 as we were this year so opportunity will come, hell there already is an opening with Broad missing the first 3 weeks. Given he looked so comfortable across wing/hb in the VFL when he went back for the last 6 weeks he could start on the bench and be part of the rotation with the backs and midfielders.

Just another Reece Conca?

Just because Ellis played round 1 in a season doesn't mean he hasn't had interrupted preseasons, just the way that Graham had an interrupted preseason and here is the kicker, if Graham hadn't of broken his ankle the week the AFL season he too would have played in round 1 of the 2017 albeit in the VFL. But I don't expect you to understand this as you've proven you have an elite ability in failing to understand the most basic of comments.
More nonsense which makes your case for Ellis absolute rubbish.
If Graham hadn’t broken his ankle ............ he would have played round one. This is so fuxxing hilarious as he missed until June and walked into a premiership side whilst Corey who has missed no round one games after three seasons couldn’t cement his place in the team and 7 players have walked passed him with at least 7 others ready to do the same. Please stop as you’re full of xxxx and making CEllis look poorer than he actually is.

Corey Ellis is backup inside mid. Not quick enough to play anywhere else. Will be better player than Miles and Lloyd in those positions by seasons end, but still a way to go to replace anyone in that midfield mix. Graham is special and build like a tank, so using him as a comparison is a little unfair. Ellis will probably play if and when injuries happen. Developing nicely in the VFL but a long way to go. I don't think he is soft at all, probably our best tackler in the last part of the season (VFL). Time is running out though.

If Graham hadn’t broken his ankle ............ he would have played round one. This is so fuxxing hilarious as he missed until June and walked into a premiership side whilst Corey who has missed no round one games after three seasons couldn’t cement his place in the team and 7 players have walked passed him with at least 7 others ready to do the same. Please stop as you’re full of xxxx and making CEllis look poorer than he actually is.
You're inability to comprehend/understand basic comments is now reaching GOAT levels. Surely you're just taking the piss as nobody can be that slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey Ellis is clearly next in line to be best 22. You can spin it whichever way you like to suit your narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're inability to comprehend/understand basic comments is now reaching GOAT levels. Surely you're just taking the piss as nobody can be that slow.
There is nothing to comprehend here as you’re full of bull ship.
These are the facts
Graham went passed Cellis with a negligible preseason and he played 11games in total to Cellis 22.
Six other players replaced CEllis most of them inexperienced and all later picks.
CEllis has had minor interruptions to two of his preseasons which have not affected him from playing round one and almost playing three full afl/ vfl seasons combined
CEllis is at risk of having at least seven other players go straight passed him.
Cellis is at risk of being delisted next year if he doesn’t lift another gear.

This is all you need to grasp all the rest is just bull ship.

IMO Nobody is next in line when 2018 starts

There will be JLT and practice games and for all we know P.Naish or J.Higgins might light it up or even Markov/Menadue burn the pre season games and get a spot which they will work like desperado's to hold onto.

New season means all clocks are reset for the fringe players

My God how good is it not to see any Lemons at punt rd

There is nothing to comprehend here as you’re full of bull ship.
These are the facts
Graham went passed Cellis with a negligible preseason and he played 11games in total to Cellis 22.
Six other players replaced CEllis most of them inexperienced and all later picks.
CEllis has had minor interruptions to two of his preseasons which have not affected him from playing round one and almost playing three full afl/ vfl seasons combined
CEllis is at risk of having at least seven other players go straight passed him.
Cellis is at risk of being delisted next year if he doesn’t lift another gear.

This is all you need to grasp all the rest is just bull ship.
The only thing to comprehend is that you failed to understand a simple fact that Ellis has not been able to complete a full preseason since arriving at the club. Because of that you've spent most of today trying to prove your claim to be correct and have been failed miserably. Then you tried to claim that Graham missed the entire preseason, which again was proven to be incorrect. You're fast becoming as accurate as the BOM

The only thing to comprehend is that you failed to understand a simple fact that Ellis has not been able to complete a full preseason since arriving at the club. Because of that you've spent most of today trying to prove your claim to be correct and have been failed miserably. Then you tried to claim that Graham missed the entire preseason, which again was proven to be incorrect. You're fast becoming as accurate as the BOM
He has almost played three complete seasons of Vfl/afl footy now how can missing a few weeks of preseason have affected his development if he played games? Again how was it that he was dropped this year after he was in the seniors and how could an extra few weeks of a preseason assisted him in keeping his spot. Nonsense again he was simply not good enough and was dropped not bc of fitness , but ability to step up to the demands of the game plan. He at most has missed a month of preseason before Christmas in one year and participated near fully for the other two. It beggars belief that a club would give afl games to a bloke who needs another preseason . The only reason is bc he is actually fit and ready to play. Just like Graham was when he entered the scene and quickly passed him in a blink of an eye.
Graham in comparison to Ellis did miss the preseason and yes maintained his fitness with a special program. Imagine how you would be clutching onto this excuse if it was the opposite way round? You’re wasting my time with lies and rubbish so im moving on.

He has almost played three complete seasons of Vfl/afl footy now how can missing a few weeks of preseason have affected his development if he played games? Again how was it that he was dropped this year after he was in the seniors and how could an extra few weeks of a preseason assisted him in keeping his spot. Nonsense again he was simply not good enough and was dropped not bc of fitness , but ability to step up to the demands of the game plan. He at most has missed a month of preseason before Christmas in one year and participated near fully for the other two. It beggars belief that a club would give afl games to a bloke who needs another preseason . The only reason is bc he is actually fit and ready to play. Just like Graham was when he entered the scene and quickly passed him in a blink of an eye.
Graham in comparison to Ellis did miss the preseason and yes maintained his fitness with a special program. Imagine how you would be clutching onto this excuse if it was the opposite way round? You’re wasting my time with lies and rubbish so im moving on.

cc361f2b6e03a44cd1d17698bd32f00a.jpg

I think Griggs and Rioli put TV Griff Hampson Elton and Soldo to shame.
I thought Soldo had a couple of OK games. (vs GCS.) But looked out of his depth against Geelong. Although the stats for the 2 games were very similar. I'm happy for him to be first in line for back up ruck. And see how the draftees come on

let's face it if the list is 44 players then C.Ellis is probably 42 only infront of Chol and Soldo, he us on tfe list for now but will need a miracle to play AFL.

lol okay m8.

I thought Soldo had a couple of OK games. (vs GCS.) But looked out of his depth against Geelong. Although the stats for the 2 games were very similar. I'm happy for him to be first in line for back up ruck. And see how the draftees come on
He’s a work in progress and he could potentially be our second best ruck on the list , but he’s still a long way off the required level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back