List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you suggesting the match committee picked him as an emergency for the biggest game the club had played in 35 years as a joke?

Just wondering how a player you've described as being average at best and displaying inconsistencies and a lack of grunt can average 22.1 disposals 6.3 handball receives 4.3 marks & 6 tackles per game for the final 6 games of the season?

If anything I'd suggest that it was his consistent performance over that period that saw him go from being dropped to being an emergency for the Grand Final side when all but one player was unavailable to be picked.

As I said I'll back the clubs opinion of the kid over someone who has constantly shown an inability to offer unbiased opinions on players
He was never going to play and you’re assuming he was going to play before two other emergencies. Read my post to Prodigy where I listed all the players that went passed him in two years. He’s actually on his last legs and closer to being delisted. The club once rated Ben Lennon and paid him around 400k for two years and Yarran a shit load for not even one game whom you were carrying on about as being a great pick up at the time. I still laugh how you posted what Yarran’s first game would be like. Was it five bounces from the HB line with a 50 m goal on the run? Yes with Balme around I rate the clubs opinion and will back the RFC to do the right thing over fanboi tripe spouted out by you .

Last edited:
He was never going to play and you’re assuming he was going to play before two other emergencies. Read my post to Prodigy where I listed all the players that went passed him in two years. He’s actually on his last legs and closer to being delisted. The club once rated Ben Lennon and paid him a round 400k for two years and Yarran a shit load for not even one game whom you were carrying on about as being a great pick up at the time. I still laugh how you posted what Yarran’s first game would be like. Was it five bounces from the HB line with a 50 m goal on the run? Yes with Balme around I rate the clubs opinion and will back the RFC to do the right thing over tripe spouted out by you .
He was named an emergency ahead of all but Short when it comes to guys that you rate ahead of him. So you might rate all these guys ahead of him and that's your right to do so, but the club obviously rates him higher than you do.

BTW still waiting to here you explain how Ellis who averaged 22 disposals 4 marks and 6 tackles a game for 6 weeks displayed his usual inconsistency and lack of grunt after he got dropped following the Geelong game. Maybe you can deflect onto another subject as I don't plan on wasting any time discussing Yarran who you seem intent on bringing up as a diversion. What I will say is that I was pleased when we did get him as he obviously had talent to burn, but unfortunately his mental issues stopped him from being the player we hoped he would be.

He was named an emergency ahead of all but Short when it comes to guys that you rate ahead of him. So you might rate all these guys ahead of him and that's your right to do so, but the club obviously rates him higher than you do.

BTW still waiting to here you explain how Ellis who averaged 22 disposals 4 marks and 6 tackles a game for 6 weeks displayed his usual inconsistency and lack of grunt after he got dropped following the Geelong game. Maybe you can deflect onto another subject as I don't plan on wasting any time discussing Yarran who you seem intent on bringing up as a diversion. What I will say is that I was pleased when we did get him as he obviously had talent to burn, but unfortunately his mental issues stopped him from being the player we hoped he would be.
Lets stick to facts
1) he didn’t play in the GF and he was one of three emergencies
2)seven players who have been on our list for less time played in the GF before him.lol
3) if you had carefully read my first lot of posts I stated seven younger kids will go past him and some of those had already in terms of talent but not maturity as they are younger .
4) the reality is with a competent FD under the guidance of Balme if cellis has another 2017 he will be accompanying the likes of Ben Lennon.

This is called list management just like a gardener pulls out the weeds so a successful yield can be reaped , players at the bottom of the list with no growth get delisted.
Now cut the guessing game out and stick to facts and not your imaginary fanboi nonsense.

Last edited:

Lets stick to facts
2)seven players who have been on our list for less time played in the GF before him.lol
3) if you had carefully read my first lot of posts I stated seven younger kids will go past him and some of those had already in terms of talent but not maturity as they are younger .
4) the reality is with a competent FD under the guidance of Balme if cellis has another 2017 he will be accompanying the likes of Ben Lennon.

This is called list management just like a gardener pulls out the weeds so a successful yield can be reaped , players at the bottom of the list with no growth get delisted.
Now cut the guessing game out and stick to facts and not your imaginary fanboi nonsense.
Again you fail to answer a direct question, so I'll ask again. How does a player get labelled inconsistent and lacking grunt when they average 22 disposals 4 marks and 6 tackles a game over a 6 week period?

Instead you choose to deflect again. There is no guessing games, the club rate Ellis higher than you do and I'll back their judgement over yours everyday of the week and twice on Sundays

Again you fail to answer a direct question, so I'll ask again. How does a player get labelled inconsistent and lacking grunt when they average 22 disposals 4 marks and 6 tackles a game over a 6 week period?

Instead you choose to deflect again. There is no guessing games, the club rate Ellis higher than you do and I'll back their judgement over yours everyday of the week and twice on Sundays
This is irrelevant as the reality is this same player was passed by seven players who had been on our list for less time and were later picks. One player had no preseason and walked straight passed him. If we were looking at possessions as a count for getting games then most of the blokes in our afl gf side would have been dropped. It’s about pressure on the ball carrier and quality of possession not quantity. Please let’s not simplify things to possession s in vfl games as when he was expected to perform at vfl level he folded like a deck of cards and Nahas cut him open twice in the GF which led to Port goals.
Again this has nothing to do with the club backing him as even the most uneducated afl follower would know that clubs back all players on their list , but yet will cut them when their time is up. Hence Yarran Morris Hunt and Lennon are some of the recent casualties.
... and yes I back the club to make competent decisions like dropping CEllis after the Cats game and to leave him in the VFL to build himself to play four quarters of intense football which he struggles to do and not the crap spouted by some fanboi with his rose coloured glasses on.

Last edited:
Lloyd and Mile's were getting leather poisoning and racking up disposals and still couldn't get games.

C.Ellis won't break in as a mid, nor as a HF and needs a lot to go right to get a HBF spot with at least 4 or 5 HBF ahead of him for that spot (Houli, Ellis,Markov, Broad,Short,Vastuin,Conca, or taller options Garthwaite)

Will he make it maybe but probably not, he has time if he is prepared to work hard and wait for an opportunity.

Lloyd and Mile's were getting leather poisoning and racking up disposals and still couldn't get games.

C.Ellis won't break in as a mid, nor as a HF and needs a lot to go right to get a HBF spot with at least 4 or 5 HBF ahead of him for that spot (Houli, Ellis,Markov, Broad,Short,Vastuin,Conca, or taller options Garthwaite)

Will he make it maybe but probably not, he has time if he is prepared to work hard and wait for an opportunity.
Surely it will be a wing he'll be trying to slide into.

CEllis is too slow to play outside wing type role and not hard enough to get a HB or onball role. 2018 will be make or brake for him and I suspect he may be in trouble come end of the season.

Hi guys after a weeks Holiday for calling a flog out for being a knob - I'M Back

In the November 2014 draft i didnt want Corey Ellis and had Liam Duggan & Lachie Weller as my preferred players as well as Jayden Laverde (that turned out well) currently my 1st choice Weller is gone and Duggan id fring best 22 similar to Ellis and Laverde well who knows but might pull the digit out

After watching Corey Ellis in the VFL last few games and the Vfl finals series i could see something there, Never been into this he is a supreme kick thing as all players when being in the system for 5-8 years should have good kicking skills imo - But i could see some of the moves and choices he made were much much better and he was starting to stand out as a level above type at that Level

Whilst others have mentioned his injuries and pre season's missed i still think he has not developed as he should and thats not just his playing but whats also worrying is his inability to develop physically and in 3 years he should be a solid mid but still looks like a kid we just drafted this year.

I always rated Connor Menadue and was rapt to have got him and that in a way made the 2014 draft pool acceptable for me and I still love what Connor brings to the game,He runs had tackles and tries to create at all hi speed and in some of his VFL games late in 2017 i said wow it wont be long before he is doing this in the AFL and i have confidence that he will be best 22 by rnd 1 2019 and is developing beautifully

I will give Corey Ellis 2018 to try and win me over and prove he has a place in our best 22 but if he is in a similar position to where he is currently in 12 months time - Then he is just another Conca and a trade must be considered if available

How nice is it now to look at our list and not Have a Ben Lennon-
We have cleansed the club rooms now and only have 4-5 left to piss off
I wanted Weller. I thought he had more tools and of those available to us he looked to be the only one with elite traits.

Only three emergencies named for the GF. CEllis was one of them. The club clearly has a high opinion of the kid. I can see why some supporters struggle to see what they see though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We made no changes all finals series ......he was not a consideration along with everyone else.
Make CEllis your ne Lennon and you'll be wrong for a second time and be as awful a judge as RT.
Markov was the last player dropped and would have been first cab off the rank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is irrelevant as the reality is this same player was passed by seven players who had been on our list for less time and were later picks. One player had no preseason and walked straight passed him. If we were looking at possessions as a count for getting games then most of the blokes in our afl gf side would have been dropped. It’s about pressure on the ball carrier and quality of possession not quantity. Please let’s not simplify things to possession s in vfl games as when he was expected to perform at vfl level he folded like a deck of cards and Nahas cut him open twice in the GF which led to Port goals.
Again this has nothing to do with the club backing him as even the most uneducated afl follower would know that clubs back all players on their list , but yet will cut them when their time is up. Hence Yarran Morris Hunt and Lennon are some of the recent casualties.
... and yes I back the club to make competent decisions like dropping CEllis after the Cats game and to leave him in the VFL to build himself to play four quarters of intense football which he struggles to do and not the crap spouted by some fanboi with his rose coloured glasses on.
How is it irrelevant, you labelled Ellis' performances after being dropped as inconsistent and lacking grunt, yet he was averaging 22 disposals 4 marks and 6 tackles a week after being dropped. You don't average 6 tackles a week if you're lacking grunt & failing to put pressure on the ball carrier and you don't get 20+ disposals a week if you're inconsistent. So now it is Ellis' stats get disregarded as not being of good enough quality, yet with Miles his disposal counts got thrown up constantly as to why he should be playing in the AFL side, oh but I forgot, with Miles it's all about quantity rather than quality.

All I have said about Ellis, is lets see what he can produce when he has finally completed an uninterrupted preseason, before we have guys putting a line through him. Others however seem determined to put a line through him before 2017 even ends.

We made no changes all finals series ......he was not a consideration along with everyone else.
Make CEllis your ne Lennon and you'll be wrong for a second time and be as awful a judge as RT.
Markov was the last player dropped and would have been first cab off the rank.
Rarely in my time on here have I seen someone as desperate as you to see players fail so you can sit back and praise yourself about being a good judge of players.

Lets stick to facts

Boys stop arguing we r one team cellis simply not good enough atm

Yep I agree as it’s a waste of effort and time. Simply not good enough atm are the right words.
All I've said is I want to see what he can produce once he gets a full preseason under his belt, if that happens and he still finds himself battling to be part of the 22 then by all means ask all the questions about whether we should be persisting with him or not. However, I firmly believe that should he have that preseason he'll play well enough to force his way into the side and cement himself in the 22.

As I said I saw glimpses in the latter part of the season that showed it was finally coming together for him, he was getting consistent numbers and having an impact on games where he wasn't doing so earlier in the year. It's not going to be simple for him, he'll have to work hard to earn the spot but I'm backing him in.

He was never going to play and you’re assuming he was going to play before two other emergencies. Read my post to Prodigy where I listed all the players that went passed him in two years. He’s actually on his last legs and closer to being delisted. The club once rated Ben Lennon and paid him around 400k for two years and Yarran a shit load for not even one game whom you were carrying on about as being a great pick up at the time. I still laugh how you posted what Yarran’s first game would be like. Was it five bounces from the HB line with a 50 m goal on the run? Yes with Balme around I rate the clubs opinion and will back the RFC to do the right thing over fanboi tripe spouted out by you .
To be fair to Ellis he actually has a work ethic unlike lennon, throughout the finals In the vfl he was among our best players in just about every final other then probably the grand final where he was solid but non dominant. He has obvious class and I’d be disappointed if he didn’t make it as I see serious ability in him. Will all come down to if he can settle in an actual position and put on some actual weight for once. If not he will find himself potentially in strife as when near the top you need to constantly improve your list

All I've said is I want to see what he can produce once he gets a full preseason under his belt, if that happens and he still finds himself battling to be part of the 22 then by all means ask all the questions about whether we should be persisting with him or not. However, I firmly believe that should he have that preseason he'll play well enough to force his way into the side and cement himself in the 22.

As I said I saw glimpses in the latter part of the season that showed it was finally coming together for him, he was getting consistent numbers and having an impact on games where he wasn't doing so earlier in the year. It's not going to be simple for him, he'll have to work hard to earn the spot but I'm backing him in.
Just looking up CeLLIS GAMES PLAYED from 2015-17 I was surprised to see that he played Round 1 against Coburg in 2015 which suggests he didn't miss a preseason as he was up and running from game 1. he also played games early in the season in our AFL side which supports my suspicions.

Jun 19 Eagles Loss 70-90 2 4 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
Round 10 Jun 5 Dockers Win 97-70 5 4 9 4 1 0 3 0 2 2 0 0 1 0 0
Round 9 May 30 Bombers Win 72-59 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Round 8 May 24 Power Win 76-43 3 2 5 1 0 0 4 0 0 1 1 3 1 0 0
Round 7 May 17 Magpies Win 105-100 6 7 13 3 0 0 1 0 1 2 3 0 0 1 0
Round 5 May 2 Cats Loss 76-85 3 10 13 2 1 1 2 0 0 0 2 3 0 1 2

Now in 2016 he played all the games in the AFL from Round 1- 12 barring round 9 which again confirms he didn't miss a preseason and even if he had an interrupted one then amazingly he got picked for games?????

Now in 2017 he played 16 Vfl games with 12 being home and away and he also played 6 AFL games which amounts to 22 games for the season.Hardly resembling a bloke who's missed a preseason.

Description Date Opponent Result K HB D M G B T HO GA I50 CL CG R50 FF FA AF SC
Round 21 Aug 12 Cats Loss 66-80 3 6 9 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 1 3 0 0 31 39
Round 20 Aug 6 Hawks Win 93-64 5 5 10 2 2 0 4 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 60 74
Round 19 Jul 29 Suns Win 98-65 8 6 14 3 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 2 2 0 0 63 65
Round 18 Jul 23 Giants Win 64-45 5 4 9 2 0 0 3 0 0 3 0 3 1 0 0 41 37
Round 8 May 14 Dockers Loss 70-72 7 5 12 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 46 39
Round 7 May 6 Bulldogs Loss 75-80 2 4 6 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 22 23

Now Graham who hadn't played since late 2016 played his first of 7 VFL games on 7/6/17 with a few games missed afterwards before he came back to earn a spot in our AFL side . Not bad for a bloke who hadn't had an AFL preseason in his first year . Now CEllis missing a preseason has been put to sleep I will again remind you that missing preseasons is bull shit and even if a player does then the afl ready bodied players get to the accepted playing standard almost immediately.

I will conclude the reason why CEllis has only played 23 games in three seasons is not due to a lack of preseason due to injuries, but a lack of talent ,hardness at the contest and less talented in comparison to most of the young players that have entered our list after his draft. He as i said has been displaced already by 7 players who were drafted a lot later than him with 2 being rookies and two others at pick 53 and71.He also is in danger of falling behind 7 other younger players which puts him in the delisting zone due to his lack of development to get to the expected level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back