Unofficial Preview Best 23 2025 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seen people on many different posts here wonder how the heck next years lineup will look with four good players returning from ACL injuries, two guns in Ashcroft and Marshall coming in through the draft and a possible Joe Daniher retirement.

So why not speculate here! Here’s my crack:

B: Starcevich Andrews Lester

HB: Coleman Payne Zorko

C: Fletcher McCluggage Berry

HF: Rayner Hipwood Lohmann

F: Cameron Morris Ah Chee

Fol: McInerney Neale Dunkley

Int: Bailey W.Ashcroft L.Ashcroft Smith Wilmot

Defensive seven of Andrews, Payne, Lester, Starcevich, Zorko, Coleman and Wilmot.

Offensive seven of Hipwood, Morris, Ah Chee, Rayner, Cameron, Lohmann and Smith.

Inside Midfield six of Oscar, Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, W.Ashcroft and L.Ashcroft. Outside midfield of Bailey, Fletcher and Berry.

Hoping the sub turns into a fifth bench spot because I don’t know who to put there out of this group.

Doedee, McCarthy and Gardiner will have to make their way back in the hard way. Answerth very stiff since he did very well this year. McKenna will also have to work hard.

Seen people on many different posts here wonder how the heck next years lineup will look with four good players returning from ACL injuries, two guns in Ashcroft and Marshall coming in through the draft and a possible Joe Daniher retirement.

Defensive seven of Andrews, Payne, Lester, Starcevich, Zorko, Coleman and Wilmot.

Offensive seven of Hipwood, Morris, Ah Chee, Rayner, Cameron, Lohmann and Smith.

Inside Midfield six of Oscar, Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, W.Ashcroft and L.Ashcroft. Outside midfield of Bailey, Fletcher and Berry.

Hoping the sub turns into a fifth bench spot because I don’t know who to put there out of this group.

Doedee, McCarthy and Gardiner will have to make their way back in the hard way. Answerth very stiff since he did very well this year. McKenna will also have to work hard.

Answerth is someone I want to find a spot for. THink we looked so much better with him in the side to balance out Zork being 95% attack. Kiddy has to come back in though.

Almost impossible to omit anyone from the GF side bar Darcy Fort for the Big O.

Kiedean Coleman is a 100% lock when fully fit and back to his best, Linc McCarthy is such a bloody good footballer and is another one who would be straight back in at his best.

Doedee and Gardiner will struggle to get into the side IMO.

Levi Ashcroft, holy moly if as good as Will as most pundits say how do we fit him in.

Sam Marshall will have to bide his time in the VFL and wait for an opportunity.

Pretty much what I’ve landed on, Lester and Ah Chee could’ve been on the fringe for Doedee and Linc but after the back half of the season they’ve proven to be two of the best role players in the league, particularly Ah Chee who is a matchup nightmare for others.

I’d be tempted to try and find a starting spot in the midfield for Will because I think there’s a chance he could be our best player as soon as next season. He’s an absolute freak.

Evolution has to happen. Premiership player and all round good guy Ryan Lester will probably becomes more of a backup player next year and promote younger players to get experience. Zorko will be heavily managed - may start if Coleman is not quite ready to go Rd 1. McKenna is a bit of journeyman - may now see him chase the $. Bailey will be looking for a good preseason and consistency. Neale's foot will need to heal so may have a slow start to the season.

Other clubs will be knocking on the door of some of players.

Evolution has to happen. Premiership player and all round good guy Ryan Lester will probably becomes more of a backup player next year and promote younger players to get experience. Zorko will be heavily managed - may start if Coleman is not quite ready to go Rd 1. McKenna is a bit of journeyman - may now see him chase the $. Bailey will be looking for a good preseason and consistency. Neale's foot will need to heal so may have a slow start to the season.

Other clubs will be knocking on the door of some of players.

Froggy probably plays round 1 but if Doedee can get fit again his spot is under threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Best 23 2025 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back