List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Difficult one given the pending trades and draft. I will go with a potential centred 22, because why not.

B: Archer - W Dawson - Corr
H: Goater - Logue - McDonald
C: Kerch - LDU - Scott
HF: Simpkin - Comben - ? (Pressure forward)
F: Zurhaar - Larkey - ? (Third tall)
R: Xerri - Wardlaw - Sheezel

Hardeman - Duursma - Powell - Curtis - Sub? (Pressure forward)

Difficult one given the pending trades and draft. I will go with a potential centred 22, because why not.

B: Archer - W Dawson - Corr
H: Goater - Logue - McDonald
C: Kerch - LDU - Scott
HF: Simpkin - Comben - ? (Pressure forward)
F: Zurhaar - Larkey - ? (Third tall)
R: Xerri - Wardlaw - Sheezel

Hardeman - Duursma - Powell - Curtis - Sub? (Pressure forward)

Immediate disqualification for having Luke McDonald in the best 22 for next season.

B: Corr Logue Archer
HB: Goater Comben Bergman
C: McKercher LDU Scott
HF: Ford ? Simpkin
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Sheezel Wardlaw
I: Durrsma Powell Phillips Pick 2

This is my 22 for round 1 next year. We still lack a centre half forward and are crying out for representation up there to help Larkey out.

I don't want McDonald at the club. I don't want Fisher or Stephens anywhere near the 22.
Tucker needs to be depth next year also.
We are going to struggle in 2025. The list gets younger with Shiels, Greenwood, Stephenson gone and if we don't bring in some proper experienced and reliable players - pencil in bottom 2 again.

B: Archer Logue Corr

HB: ? ? ?

C: Scott LDU McKercher

HF: Simpkin Comben ?

F: Curtis Larkey ?

R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel

IC: Top 5 draft pick no. 3748292, ?, ?, ?

B. Corr Logue Archer
HB. Goater W. Dawson Powell
C. Scott Wardlaw McKercher
HF. Simpkin Comben Duursma
F. Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
Foll. Xerri, LDU, Sheezel
IC: Fisher, Teakle, Stephenson, Simpkin
Emerg: Tucker, Bergman, Phillips

Will obviously change post trade and draft periods.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Best I can do:

FB: Archer ~ Logue ~ ???
HB: ??? ~ Corr ~ ???
C: Scott ~ LDU ~ McKercher
HF: Zurhaar ~ Comben ~ Simpkin (5th up)
FF: Curtis ~ Larkey ~ ???

Foll: Xerri ~ Sheezel ~ Wardlaw

Int: Tucker ~ Powell ~ ??? ~ ???

Players who I think can claim a spot in the general backline: Goater, Powell, Fisher

KPD: Will Dawson

Midfield: Stephens (wing)

Half forward: Duursma (maybe), RHJ (maybe)

Key forwards: nil

Players still developing but could potentially play in 2025: Maley, Hardeman

That is literally 25 blokes on our list who have a feasible shot of being best 23 next year. Maybe add another 5 as passable depth or injury (Lazzaro, George)

Grim.

These are about the only things you can bank on:

B: Archer, Comben, Corr
HB: ???, Logue, ???
C: McKercher, Wardlaw, Scott
HF: Zurhaar, ???, ???
F: Curtis, Larkey, Duursma
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Sheezel
Int: Powell, Pick 2, ???, ???

Seriously how can we have so many holes despite being 5 years into a rebuild. **** me.

These are about the only things you can bank on:

B: Archer, Comben, Corr
HB: ???, Logue, ???
C: McKercher, Wardlaw, Scott
HF: Zurhaar, ???, ???
F: Curtis, Larkey, Duursma
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Sheezel
Int: Powell, Pick 2, ???, ???

Seriously how can we have so many holes despite being 5 years into a rebuild. **** me.
I can only assume the Club banks on Corr and Zurhaar given their continuing selection and a contract extension - but I wouldn't be banking on either of them.

Very much a part of our problem.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only assume the Club banks on Corr and Zurhaar given their continuing selection and a contract selection - but I wouldn't be banking on either of them.

Very much a part of our problem.

What’s the alternative in the short term? We need some mature bodies. Corr had a decent 2nd half of the year and will benefit having Logue along side him.

Bonar Pink McDonald
Hayden Nyuon Young
Stephenson Greenwood Howe
Turner Teakle Taylor
Spicer Sellers Mahony
Coleman-Jones Lazzaro Hall
Bosenavulagi, Menadue, Lynch, Hosie
Ham

Needs some positional changes so that it flows more easily. I particularly like the first three lines of my revised order. Flows nicely off the tongue, especially the centre line. But who am I to judge?

Hayden Hall Ham
Spicer Sellers Stephenson
Turner Teakle Taylor
Bonar Bosenavulagi Coleman-Jones
Greenwood Hosie Howe
Lazzaro Lynch Mahony
McDonald Menadue Nyuon
Pink Young

Archer - Logue - Corr
Goater - W.Dawson - Powell
Scott - LDU - McKercher
Simpkin - Comben - Curtis
Zurhaar- Larkey - RHJ

Xerri - Wardlaw - Sheezel

Int: Duursma, Pick 2, …..

What’s the alternative in the short term? We need some mature bodies. Corr had a decent 2nd half of the year and will benefit having Logue along side him.
Wil Dawson will benefit having mature bodies like Logue and Comben around him and as a combination no way they do worse than that abomination yesterday.

If Corr and Zurhaar are the type of players that people seem to give them credit for, no way we get beat by 20 goals in conditions like yesterday.

A complete failure of leadership on their part.

First we take Draper and Gerreyn with our first 2.

Archer Logue Corr
Powell W.Dawson Bergman
Scott Sheezel Goater
McKercher Comben Simpkin
Draper Larkey Zurhaar
Xerri LDU Wardlaw

RHJ, Curtis, Duursma, Hardeman

Needs some positional changes so that it flows more easily. I particularly like the first three lines of my revised order. Flows nicely off the tongue, especially the centre line. But who am I to judge?

Hayden Hall Ham
Spicer Sellers Stephenson
Turner Teakle Taylor
Bonar Bosenavulagi Coleman-Jones
Greenwood Hosie Howe
Lazzaro Lynch Mahony
McDonald Menadue Nyuon
Pink Young
Pink Young, love their Heart of Gold-Time-Shine on You Crazy Diamond-Cortez the Killer medley.

A couple from me:

- any team that has Powell at HB is taking the PI55, he isn't a defender and has no acceleration. Skills are great but we cannot carry them. Even Harry was just a stop gap;
- Fisher cannot play HB. Colby cannot play HB. We either bring someone in or we have to bank on Hardeman. Playing guys out of position just multiplies issues. Bank on the guys that are mean to be in the spot
- Goater is such a key to next year, if he loses more than 5% athleticism, we take a big hit.
- RHJ is our only small forward option. Simpkin is not a small forward, it is why he was moved in the middle in the first place. Like the idea of Draper there.
-

B: ??? ??? ???
HB: ??? ??? ???
C: ??? Harry ???
HF: ??? ??? ???
FF: ??? ??? ???
R: Xerri George ???

IC: ??? ??? ??? ???
Sub: ???

Starting from this point

B: ??? Logue ???
HB: ??? Comben ???
C: McK Sheezel ???
HF: ??? ??? ???
FF: ??? Larkey ???
R: Xerri Wardlaw ???

IC: ??? ??? ??? ???
Sub: ???

:drunk: it's bad.

For North Melbourne to improve as a football team in 2025, they can focus on several key areas:

1. Player Development: Invest in the development of young talent through targeted training programs. Emphasize skill development, fitness, and mental toughness. Identifying and nurturing emerging players will be crucial.

2. Recruitment and Drafting: Continue to build a strong list by targeting top prospects in the AFL draft and pursuing strategic trades. Bringing in experienced players to complement the youth could provide much-needed balance.

3. Coaching and Leadership: Ensuring the coaching staff is innovative and adaptable is vital. They should focus on modern game strategies, such as ball movement, defensive structures, and effective use of forward pressure. Strengthening leadership within the playing group is also important to guide younger players and set high standards.

4. Injury Management: Improving injury prevention and management protocols can help maintain a healthier, more consistent lineup throughout the season. This includes better conditioning, recovery programs, and access to top medical expertise.

5. Game Plan and Tactics: Analyzing and evolving the game plan to better match the strengths of the squad and counter the opposition. This could involve tweaking defensive structures, improving scoring efficiency, and finding ways to control the tempo of games.

6. Team Culture and Morale: Building a positive team culture that emphasizes hard work, resilience, and a team-first mentality can boost performance. Ensuring players feel supported and valued will enhance team cohesion and morale.

7. Fan and Community Engagement: Strengthening ties with the fan base and broader community can create a stronger support network, boost morale, and enhance the club’s identity. Engaged fans can provide a significant psychological boost to players.

8. Data and Analytics: Leveraging data and analytics to make informed decisions about player performance, opposition analysis, and in-game tactics can provide a competitive edge.

By focusing on these areas, North Melbourne can set the foundation for a successful 2025 season and beyond.

AI can coach.
you could tell that was AI from the first three words.

FB: Corr, Logue, McDonald
HB: Fisher, Comben, Archer
C: Scott, Wardlaw, Tucker
HF: Stephenson, Teakle, Simpkin
FF: Zurhaar, Larkey, Curtis
R: Xerri, LDU, Sheezel
Int: Powell, Phillips, McKercher, Hansen
Sub: Ford

If everybody was healthy and there was a game next week, then this is how I think the side would line up.

With that in mind, there are five things that I'm looking to see before next season.

1) A full recovery from Josh Goater.
2) Strong summers from Finnbar Maley, Zane Duursma, Tom Powell, Robert Hansen Jr and Riley Hardeman.
3) Eddie Ford and/or Colby McKercher to take control of a wing.
4) A mature midfielder recruited.
5) An exciting forward recruited.

If by February we have seen all of the above, then I think we can easily build a 23 to get excited about.

I'd give the captaincy to Xerri in 2025. Sheezel his deputy. Both boys gave their all for every round this year. Perhaps Logue as a second vice. Not sure if Tristan has leadership aspirations but he showed plenty of it on field this season. With big X it's get behind me boys or get out of the effin way!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back