• Connor O'Sullivan (DEF)
  • Ted Clohesy (MID)
  • Mitch Knevitt (MID)
  • George Stevens (MID)
  • Mitch Edwards (R)
  • Joe Furphy (R)
  • Oliver Wiltshire (FWD)

Notes:

- Cam Guthrie at even 80% of 2022 form is in this side IMO, I just don't yet have the faith required to put him in automatically. Personally scarred by doing the exact same thing last year.

Although similar could be said for Toby Conway, I'm taking the punt. Hypocritical, I know.

- Tom Atkins deserves a place in this side. Has become one of my favourites over the years for his endeavour and unquestionable effort.

My worry is I don't believe we can play all three of Bruhn, Clark, & Atkins in the same side, and I expect (well I hope) the aforementioned two to improve in season 2025. The same could be said for Ted Clohesy, who will be in the fold too.

If they don't - especially Clark - Axe will get his spot.

- Mitch Duncan, Rhys Stanley, Jed Bews, & Mark O'Connor will forever be Geelong heroes for what they did in 2022, and 2011 for Duncan.

However, at this point in their careers, we have better options IMO.

It could start out okay, but I suspect we'll be moving past these names as the season heats up, and the bodies grow more-sore by the week.

- Connor O'Sullivan, Mitch Knevitt, Oisin Mullin, & Ted Clohesy all have the opportunity over the coming months to follow the paths of Ollie Dempsey, Shannon Neale, Shaun Mannagh, & Lawson Humphries.

It remains to be seen whether they do, but the opportunity is there.

Would be more than happy to see any of these boys in the side provided they've earned their opportunity over the pre-season.

- Jack Martin. I honestly have no idea what to do. We'll wait and see.

If he's fit and at his best, there will likely be a spot for him. He has gifts others could only dream of.

Unfortunately, there's a fair bit of evidence that he won't be able to deliver that talent on a regular basis, so I have him as depth for now.

KG excellent overall summary and side and pretty much word for word agree with all that you have said. Had Ollie Dempsey from get-go last year as I was expecting big things from him with Lawson Humphries being a revelation but I've gotta say I'm expecting just as big things from Connor O'Sullivan next season, just love this kid and can see him being permanently in our side at some stage during year.

FB: J. Henry. De Koning. Kolodjashnij.
HB: Humphries. Blicavs. Z. Guthrie.

C: Holmes. Stewart. Dempsey.
FO: Conway. Smith. Dangerfield.

HF: Miers. Cameron. Close.
FF: O Henry. Neale. Stengle.

I/C: Bruhn, Mannagh, Bowes, Clark

Sub: Mullin

Depth

- Veterans

• Mitch Duncan (DEF)
  • Jed Bews (DEF)
  • Tom Atkins (MID)
  • Cam Guthrie (MID/DEF)
  • Mark O'Connor (MID/DEF)
  • Rhys Stanley (R)
  • Jack Martin (FWD)
- Youth/Development
  • Connor O'Sullivan (DEF)
  • Ted Clohesy (MID)
  • Mitch Knevitt (MID)
  • George Stevens (MID)
  • Mitch Edwards (R)
  • Joe Furphy (R)
  • Oliver Wiltshire (FWD)

Notes:

Cam Guthrie at even 80% of 2022 form is in this side IMO, I just don't yet have the faith required to put him in automatically. Personally scarred by doing the exact same thing last year.

Although similar could be said for Toby Conway, I'm taking the punt. Hypocritical, I know.

Tom Atkins deserves a place in this side. Has become one of my favourites over the years for his endeavour and unquestionable effort.

My worry is I don't believe we can play all three of Bruhn, Clark, & Atkins in the same side, and I expect (well I hope) the aforementioned two to improve in season 2025. The same could be said for Ted Clohesy, who will be in the fold too.

If they don't - especially Clark - Atkins will get his spot.

Mitch Duncan, Rhys Stanley, Jed Bews, & Mark O'Connor will forever be Geelong heroes for what they did in 2022, and 2011 for Duncan.

However, at this point in their careers, we have better options IMO.

It could start out okay, but I suspect we'll be moving past these names as the season heats up, and their bodies grow more sore by the week.

Connor O'Sullivan, Mitch Knevitt, Oisin Mullin, & Ted Clohesy all have the opportunity over the coming months to follow the paths of Ollie Dempsey, Shannon Neale, Shaun Mannagh, & Lawson Humphries.

It remains to be seen whether they do, but the opportunity is there for the taking.

Would be more than happy to see any of these boys in the side provided they've earned their opportunity over the pre-season.

Jack Martin. I honestly have no idea what to do. We'll wait and see I suppose.

If he's fit and at his best, there will likely be a spot for him. He has gifts others could only dream of.

Unfortunately, there's a fair bit of evidence that he won't be able to deliver that talent on a regular basis, so I have him as depth for now.
I am basically aligned to this though I would like to start with Atkins in and tell Clark to push him out the way

Kolo SDK Guthrie
Stewart Henry Humphries
Dempsey Holmes Miers
Close Cameron Henry
Martin Neale Stengle
Conway Dangerfield Smith
Blicavs Mannagh Guthrie Bowes Atkins

Bring in bruhn when he gets consistent 30 possessions in VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Best 23, Pre Draft edition for Season 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back