Best cricket ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

well ive been to the gabba and sydney for footy but ive only been at the mcg for cricket but i reakon thats the best ground when it has all its stands up

the best ground i have ever played on is St Joseph's College Oval at Hunters Hill. The outfield is easily up to test match standard (with the criss cross mowing and billiard table outfield) and so is the pitch.

The best ground i have ever watched cricket is the SCG (only been to the one test venue to watch a gameof cricket),

whilst the ones i love watching on TV are at the Eden Gardens, Calcutta.

As far as Australian grounds are concerned, the MCG matches are best to watch on tv, providing there is a big crowd. Bellerieve is like watching park cricket.

As far as club/school grounds go in Adelaide, St Peter's #1 and Uni #1 are the go... and also, glorious Buffalo Park.

Originally posted by Bresh
As far as club/school grounds go in Adelaide, St Peter's #1 and Uni #1 are the go... and also, glorious Buffalo Park.

Yep the Main Oval at St.Peter's is a wicked ground at its best and was chosen for the AUS under 19's v Sri Lanka I think it was and also the AUS under 17's V England. Pitch was just like the Adelaide Oval, perfect.

I like the GABBA the best tho, fantastic ground, brilliant outfield with brilliant drainage system and due to the heavy amount of rain they egt with thunderstorms, more nitrogen falls from the rain due to being fixed by the lighting, hence greener grass.

All of the grounds are damn good tho, Adelaide I reckon has the best pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not. I don't even care about our national team.

San Siro, Highbury, Bernabeu, Parkhead, Der Meer, Westfalenstadion, Nou Camp, Olimpico, Der Kuip, Delle Alpi, Old Trafford, Maracana, La Bombonera, Ibrox, Wembley, Calderón >>>>>>> MCG

Originally posted by GoalsFrom50Out
Of course not. I don't even care about our national team.
Just thug-infested english clubs, then?
San Siro, Highbury, Bernabeu, Parkhead, Der Meer, Westfalenstadion, Nou Camp, Olimpico, Der Kuip, Delle Alpi, Old Trafford, Maracana, La Bombonera, Ibrox, Wembley, Calderón >>>>>>> MCG
So you're saying that out of whole world the MCG is the 17th best soccer ground? That's not bad considering it's an oval.:eek:

Originally posted by MightyFighting
Just thug-infested english clubs, then?

They may be thugs, but even they could qualify for a World Cup.

So you're saying that out of whole world the MCG is the 17th best soccer ground? That's not bad considering it's an oval.:eek:

I'm saying that those stadia's are better than the MCG, they're just off the top of my head.

The Olimpico and Delle Alpi are ovals too ;)

I was refuring to their supporters.

Yeah, okay ... we're definitely the worst in the world. Here that, Lazio and Turkish fans? You've been beaten.

I suspect their surface is a lot smaller than the MCG.

The Olimpico was built for the Olympics ... you'd find it probably has the same surface size as the MCG, or somewhere very close to it.

melbourne_cricket.jpg

roma_olimpico2.jpg

Doesn't look too much bigger to me.

Wasn't the MCG wings also extended for Football when the Great Southern Stand was built? The Olimpico hasn't been touched since the Rome Olympics.
I don't know.
But fortunately, it has no relevance to the issue, so we can all get on with our lives in blissfull ignorance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best cricket ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back