Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Why would Melbourne accept a 4 match ban to their best player in a premiership contending year when he could just play the mental health card, or "personal matter between me and my doctor." All the clubs and players must know their way around the drug testing regime or else half the league would be suspended each week. Yet this conspiracy needs us to believe Oliver and Melbourne have just rolled over and accepted such a massive penalty
its not the first or second strike. that's why

He'd be damn unlucky considering that and ket are pretty rife in AFL ranks

*Allegedly
And amongst the ex-players. I was at a gathering a couple of years ago with a host of old-timers - a good friend of mine who is really well connected took me along. Without any attempt to be discreet, an ex-Melbourne player (who anyone here over the age of about 30 would know by name) was asking our group to join him for a line. Not my jam at all, but a handful of other 40- and 50- (and possibly 60-)somethings most here would know very well from their playing days didn't appear to have the same reticence.

I'm not completely naive - I know the chemicals of choice and prevalence for millennials and younger demographic, but all these ex-footballers from the 80's/90's jumping in so publicly (albeit at a private function) caught me a bit off guard.

And amongst the ex-players. I was at a gathering a couple of years ago with a host of old-timers - a good friend of mine who is really well connected took me along. Without any attempt to be discreet, an ex-Melbourne player (who anyone here over the age of about 30 would know by name) was asking our group to join him for a line. Not my jam at all, but a handful of other 40- and 50- (and possibly 60-)somethings most here would know very well from their playing days didn't appear to have the same reticence.

I'm not completely naive - I know the chemicals of choice and prevalence for millennials and younger demographic, but all these ex-footballers from the 80's/90's jumping in so publicly (albeit at a private function) caught me a bit off guard.
I agree - My travels have seen both sides…enforcement and music….but I’ve never come across the acceptance we see now.

If thats the way it is, lets rock…but lets produce the shit,get the ****ing campaigner dealer criminals out of the game, and sell it as a CONTROLLED substance - ie…you can buy only X grams…money goes to the Govt.

Still think footy players are stupid for having such "hobbies"

If they're sick of drinking water, just drink Gatorade!!!

Why can't they just go to Time Zone or build Lego ? It's much safer :p

Still think footy players are stupid for having such "hobbies"

If they're sick of drinking water, just drink Gatorade!!!

Why can't they just go to Time Zone or build Lego ? It's much safer :p
Probably because they no longer have the co-ordination, let alone the cognitive ability to play the games at Timezone.

sailor moon arcade GIF

I just love the conspiracy logic - we used to get it about Buddy when he got injured, now it’s Clarry.

The only way a player is getting suspended without an obvious public infringement is through 3 strikes.

So in this instance they are covering the 3rd strike up, by suspending him for 5-6 games, instead of the 22, but still enough to draw attention to it, when you’d think if they wanted to sweep it under the carpet they’d just let him keep playing. Because they obviously don’t care about whether he plays or not, if they did they would suspend him for 22 games. They care about perception and PR, so why suspend him silently and without a public stuff up?

Or did an AFL player just do a hammy and have some hiccups on returning?

Was LDU suspended too?

Oh and also don’t worry about ensuring he isn’t seen running either. Don’t worry that players run before they get back to game level fitness anyway, LDU had to do a 12km running session to prove himself fit. No no any running at all means him hamstring was never pulled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one had a clue about Marlion Pickett until it was announced. By playing the game, nothing out of the ordinary, not a single eyebrow was ever raised nor a single rumour.

I imagine a star players drug strikes being covered up would have the same logic - just play.

I agree - My travels have seen both sides…enforcement and music….but I’ve never come across the acceptance we see now.

If thats the way it is, lets rock…but lets produce the s*t,get the ****** campaigner dealer criminals out of the game, and sell it as a CONTROLLED substance - ie…you can buy only X grams…money goes to the Govt.
And produce grow/produce it locally. The amount of suffering the international production and distribution of drugs causes is massive.

Tassie produces most of the worlds legal opium, we can do exactly the same with cocaine.

I've got no interest in using cocaine, but I can't think of one good reason why it is not produced and distributed locally under a controlled system.

No one had a clue about Marlion Pickett until it was announced. By playing the game, nothing out of the ordinary, not a single eyebrow was ever raised nor a single rumour.

I imagine a star players drug strikes being covered up would have the same logic - just play.

I could be mistaken, but clubs doctors would treat drug usage as a mental health issue to keep it from the afl and club higher ups.

Dimma will coach the Suns next year 100 per cent locked in

Will have his choice of the elite meter maids there too
I agree that he will coach GC. But he will not make any real difference. GC is a basket case and remain a non achiever. It is a construct of the accountants and business managers at the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back