Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here, ex Central Vic club.

Lots of old school stories.

Here's one people might already know: Merv Neagle travelled the country early to late 90's duping naive clubs. Ran up debts with local businesses, skipped on rent, borrowed thousands, gambled and drank the cash, rooted people's missus's, and then took off. Also apparently poisoned a dog.

Didn't root the dog than?

A mate of a hair dresser who’s brother was a bouncer once said that a chic instigated a fling with Merv Neagle and the chics ex has been salty since

An Essendon supporter making a point of another club's supporter making judgements.

What's your point? Would it be different if it came from a Geelong(Drugs/Compromised Premierships/Underaged girl dying from drug overdose with a legend of the club), or a St.Kilda(Dwarf burnings/Accusations of ra**/Captain having his photo taken with his weiner out), or a Collingwood (players leaning out of cars firing guns), West Coast(ex-players dying from drug overdose/in jail for all kinds of stuff), Sydney (3 strikes/Who was that guy who came out and said how rife drugs were in the AFL?), or Carlton(Brown paper bags, Salary Cap Cheating/ Women with their heads stuck in car windows while teammates be teammates, or

Essendon... Now we get to Essendon. Should I go on or have you began to understand the club someone supports does not make a person's viewpoint more or less valid?

If we all followed that rule then you, via the club you support, have absolutely zero credibility.
Cheeeeeezus
Quiet weekend?
You should spend more time trying to understand the finer points of banter, and less time divulging negative club influences.
I was saying Richmond supporters are w***ers. Not their club.

Didn't root the dog than?
Not that I recall. Had an affinity for animal cruelty though. His solution for feral cats was to connect extension lead from a transformer that skipped breakers to shallow pool of water with meat in the middle. Called it the "hot chop". Bragged about this practice, asked around for 1080, and not long after neighbours Kelpie dropped dead in their driveway.

A mate of a hair dresser who’s brother was a bouncer once said that a chic instigated a fling with Merv Neagle and the chics ex has been salty since
Interesting. Personally I've made it a cornerstone of my life to never befriend anyone within six degrees of separation from a hair dresser, much less publicly state it. Must be a Carlton supporter thing.

An ex colleagues daughter used to work at one of a few pubs owned by Billy Brownless.

Sometimes Billy would visit the pub and make sure things were running smoothly.

All well and good, except at times he would be absolutely plastered on arrival and barely stumble through the door.

He'd also visit sober and get munted at his own pub, then struggle to stay in his seat without falling off it nor walk out on his own by the end.

Bit of hesitancy on some of the younger and/or starstruck employees parts to refuse service to him, being Bill, plus the owner and all.

Also has a penchant for some odd, misplaced Triple M grade banter during serious business meetings with suits.

Ripping bloke when sober though, the larrikin on TV, what you see is what you get.

Last edited:
Interesting. Personally I've made it a cornerstone of my life to never befriend anyone within six degrees of separation from a hair dresser, much less publicly state it. Must be a Carlton supporter thing.

Jesus, you're THAT self conscious about being bald??

An ex colleagues daughter used to work at one of a few pubs owned by Billy Brownless.

All well and good, except at times he would be absolutely plastered on arrival and barely stumble through the door.

He'd also visit sober and get munted at his own pub, then struggle to stay in his seat without falling off it nor walk out on his own by the end.

Bit of hesitancy on some of the younger and/or starstruck employees parts to refuse service to him, being Bill, plus the owner and all.

Also has a penchant for some odd, misplaced Triple M grade banter during serious business meetings with suits.

Ripping bloke when sober though, the larrikin on TV, what you see is what you get.

Hard to find any fault here to be honest

Cheeeeeezus
Quiet weekend?
You should spend more time trying to understand the finer points of banter, and less time divulging negative club influences.
I was saying Richmond supporters are w***ers. Not their club.
#standbyhird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brandon Flowers inhaled a plates worth (I don't partake so don't know the correct terminology) of cocaine right before going out to play the 2017 grand final pre-game entertainment.
Security just looked at each other as if to say 'well what are we gonna do, kick him out?'

Last edited:
Not on instagram but I work with a girl who's brother knew Petracca growing up. He went to school/played footy Ben Simmons and Petraccca has posted a few times on social media alluding to how good mates they are. Apparently during school Simmons was quite introverted/not very popular and Petracca used to bully him. They aren't friends at all. It's only since Simmons became big that he is acting like they are great mates

A mate of mine played basketball with the pair and tells me Petracca was a better baller than Simmons

New here, ex Central Vic club.

Lots of old school stories.

Here's one people might already know: Merv Neagle travelled the country early to late 90's duping naive clubs. Ran up debts with local businesses, skipped on rent, borrowed thousands, gambled and drank the cash, rooted people's missus's, and then took off. Also apparently poisoned a dog.
Have heard similar from older blokes at a country club he coached.

Brandon Flowers inhaled a plates worth (I don't partake so don't know the correct terminology) of cocaine right before going out to play the 2017 grand final pre-game entertainment.
Security just looked at each other as if to say 'well what are gonna do, kick him out?'
I heard meatloaf inhaled a plate full of wasps

And he wonders why his ex mrs ****ed his best mate and ran off with him

A certain son of an ex collingwood player who was also on an AFL and VFL list and enjoys pranking his ex AFL playing father and recording it is actually not the father of his baby who is shortly due to be born.....the father is infact a North Heidelberg recruit who also happened to be on an AFL list

Mumma of this family had made said recruit legally sign a "keep quiet" contract as this getting out may affect there chance of more likes on the gram and invites to D Grade Events

A certain son of an ex collingwood player who was also on an AFL and VFL list and enjoys pranking his ex AFL playing father and recording it is actually not the father of his baby who is shortly due to be born.....the father is infact a North Heidelberg recruit who also happened to be on an AFL list

Mumma of this family had made said recruit legally sign a "keep quiet" contract as this getting out may affect there chance of more likes on the gram and invites to D Grade Events

Haha absolute gold. Epitome of cashed up bogans that family. I assume Dylan is aware?

Lol cmon say the dad's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back