Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty professional by the Crows, could have just let it happen. Credit to them.
Still convinced hawks higher ups knew of Jonny hays issues before trading him to us......I’d even heard rumours myself at the time. Was around my age back then. North due diligence, or any lack thereof, was completely shocking.

Still convinced hawks higher ups knew of Jonny hays issues before trading him to us......I’d even heard rumours myself at the time. Was around my age back then. North due diligence, or any lack thereof, was completely shocking.

Carlton knew about Yarrans issues when they traded him to Richmond.

Carlton knew about Yarrans issues when they traded him to Richmond.
I heard Hardwick speak years ago at a function about the Troy Taylor debacle and he said they’d basically ever take a punt like that, with someone with known substance abuse issues etc, again.

Seemed kinda strange they then missed it with Yarra given they had their backs up already, but there you go.

We had a few bad eggs in the mid 2000s. Certainly not alone in the AFL. We acted on it but some blokes like Cousins are just off the chain by nature.

Gherig and Cuzzy were close mates and loose AF out around town. A bloke I played with missus got bailed up by Cuz at Steve's bar. When he arced up at Cuz, Gherig had him by the throat. We traded him to St Kilda to get him out of the mix. Then it was Cuz and Gardiner raging around and he was traded to St Kilda too, ironically.

Chicky and Cuz were up too no good in 2007 preseason. Embley wanted to sort it out and tracked them down to a party house up in Quinns Rocks and him and Chick punched on. Chick and Cousins just held it together for 07 but both got delisted at the end of the year.

We supported our superstar Cuz until it was untenable. Cousins has ADHD but was undiagnosed until an adult when he lost control. Explains a lot about his problems really.

Kerry is a piss head who lost it when his career finished. A few years ago a mate of mine pulled up at his mates house in Brentwood and saw Kerry rolling around wrestling on the front lawn of the house next door blind drunk at lunchtime. Nothing to do with the club what they get up to past playing. Same with Mainwaring. Plenty of past players cut loose and lose control when it's over. Just ask Brian Lake.

And when it comes to the media, we're the biggest fish in the pond over here by that far, that when the Dockers Michael Johnson got caught in possession of cocaine in 2010, and Freo only hit him with a 6 week suspension, it barely even stayed in the news cycle. They've had a heap of loose party boys too (as well as serious domestic violence perpetrators) but they don't matter, as journalists know West Coast are the clickbait.

Caroline Wilson realed off the drug culture line about West Coast for a decade after cousins was gone. All the while ignoring Victorian players like Swanny self reporting illicit use so they could get away with an in season bender. The biggest hush hush for the last 20 years was what was going on at Collingwood with the rat pack

Interesting that you mention Caroline Wilson..
I saw an end of the year rap up of the events in world sport thing on the ABC and when asked about the sporting greats who have passed away in 2020 she said - Kobe Bryant and to a lesser extent Diego Maradonna but the greatest loss to the world would have to be Dean Jones.
She really is an old woman who lives in her own little world that one. Melbourne and maybe a stay in a hotel on the coast in Queensland and that is the world of Caroline Wilson.But there is this really bad place out west of SA somewhere ,,,lel

Last edited:
I saw an end of the year rap up of the events in world sport thing on the ABC and when asked about the sporting greats who have passed away in 2020 she said - Kobe Bryant and to a lesser extent Diego Maradonna but the greatest loss to the world would have to be Dean Jones.She really is an old woman who lives in her own little world that one. Melbourne and maybe a little stay in a hotel on the coast in Queensland and that is the world of Caroline Wilson.But there is this really bad place out west of SA somewhere lel
To be fair, Melbourne has pretty much everything anyone could ever want. No need to travel to anywhere else apart from a short trip to the snow and surf beaches.

To be fair, Melbourne has pretty much everything anyone could ever want. No need to travel to anywhere else apart from a short trip to the snow and surf beaches.
Even better, live in East Bentleigh, because it's 20 minutes from everywhere. :grinv1: I swear I once got to Gunnamtta in under 50 mins.

I can go even milder than this.

Jack Hombsch (who was a lock in Port's best 22 at the time and presumably being remunerated accordingly) once commented on the University of Adelaide law students Facebook page trying to sell his Foundations of Law textbook for 40 dollars. Why does an AFL player need 40 dollars?
its like polec selling some of his port gear online and offering to sign it for an extra $50 lol, what sort of idiot does that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw an end of the year rap up of the events in world sport thing on the ABC and when asked about the sporting greats who have passed away in 2020 she said - Kobe Bryant and to a lesser extent Diego Maradonna but the greatest loss to the world would have to be Dean Jones.
She really is an old woman who lives in her own little world that one. Melbourne and maybe a stay in a hotel on the coast in Queensland and that is the world of Caroline Wilson.But there is this really bad place out west of SA somewhere ,,,lel

She’s right, Deano is a bigger loss than those other two

got rid of a rapist and a drug addict. i guess by default deano is the greater loss

Bit of scuttlebutt that the internal investigation in regards to racism at Collingwood was delivered to the board a couple of days ago:

And apparently it doesn't paint a great picture, potentially for Eddie...looks like this one will contniue to linger for a while yet.

Bit of scuttlebutt that the internal investigation in regards to racism at Collingwood was delivered to the board a couple of days ago:

And apparently it doesn't paint a great picture, potentially for Eddie...looks like this one will contniue to linger for a while yet.
It was the painkillers

A big reason why not many youngsters drafted from interstate ever go back home once they settle in Melbourne

What does Melbourne have that Brisbane doesn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back