Opinion Best GF entertainment in history

Remove this Banner Ad

That was, indeed abysmal, but simply par for the course. 1990s was probably Peak Mediocrity in terms of GF 'entertainment'.

Whoever was responsible for it in that clearly had no:
- taste
- artistic talent
- self-awareness
- sense of irony; or
- budget to work with
Yep.

bring it back i say.

1993 was one of the first GFs I attended. The 'entertainment' had an indigenous theme. In one instance there was a bloke 'playing' a didgeridoo whilst standing on top of the main scoreboard atop the old Ponsford Stand. If you thought lip-syncing singers are bad, then a lip-syncing didge player is even more farcical. I was seated on the opposite side of the ground and even from that distance you could see daylight between his face and the instrument itself.

Judging from the body language of his 'dance' routine he seemed as nervous as hell. One false step and he would have had a 50 metre sheer drop onto Brunton Avenue.

How much would the crowd get into it if it was a live extended version of "Shaddap You Face"

Singer: "whats a matter you?"
100,000: "HEY!"

goosebumps

That option has been hanging out there for years. Can't believe they have never gone with it. it must be a rights thing.

And save the “Shuddupayaface!” crescendo for when Hamish McLachlan or some knob from the major sponsor gets up to speak.

Last edited:
1993 was one of the first GFs I attended. The 'entertainment' had an indigenous theme. In one instance there was a bloke 'playing' a didgeridoo whilst standing on top of the main scoreboard atop the old Ponsford Stand. If you thought lip-syncing singers are bad, then a lip-syncing didge player is even more farcical. I was seated on the opposite side of the ground and even from that distance you could see daylight between his face and the instrument itself.

Judging from the body language of his 'dance' routine he seemed as nervous as hell. One false step and he would have had a 50 metre sheer drop onto Brunton Avenue.

The people who were involved with the 93 GF entertainment (performers, organisers etc) should be grateful that social media didn't exist back then... many people would be calling it "woke", "PC gone mad" and the like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much would the crowd get into it if it was a live extended version of "Shaddap You Face"

Singer: "whats a matter you?"
100,000: "HEY!"

goosebumps

That option has been hanging out there for years. Can't believe they have never gone with it. it must be a rights thing.

Angels would top that, ......... message to the CEO, “Am I ever gunna see your face again .......... “.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Best GF entertainment in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back