Best hit you've seen

Remove this Banner Ad

John Howart on Barnes at the MCG

or in Basketball Warrick Giddey on a Brissie Player (cant remeber name) in Semi Final. Bang that was heard around the tennis center

there have been some shockers.

how about the richmond thug who felled john nicholls and missed the grand final for that dastardly deed.

knocked nicholls out cold with the wind from the bump that missed him by 4 ft.

des healey and bluey adams probably most infamous

stan magro laid some rippers.
lockett ran through a few ala peter caven and shane wakelin

ashley mcintosh laid many a dirty shirtfront and side swipe

thankfully snipers like him are out of the game now

These are Cheap shots, without exception.

As will all of the posts that follow.

Ho hum.

I would prefer what Riewoldt did at the SCG last year to any of this rubbish.

EB&W Pieman said:
These are Cheap shots, without exception.

As will all of the posts that follow.

Ho hum.

I would prefer what Riewoldt did at the SCG last year to any of this rubbish.
Cheap shots maybe but it is what people remember,as do you I see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 clear stand-outs for me, all 3 of wish are dedicated to a David Rhys-Jones.
1986 Dennis Banks V Rhys Jones winner BANKS (Rhys Jones broken jaw)
1988QF Darren Millane V Rhys Jones winner Millane (Rhys Jones broken nose)
1989 Greg Willaims V Rhys Jones winner Williams (Rhys Jones another broken jaw)

Poor David gave alot out but got plenty back in return, but has a premiership medal around his neck so must have been doing something right. :mad:

My fave hit's were neitz on McCabe... and Neitz on Hilton in the space of three weeks he detroyed two players careers, legally.

And Douglas VS Tyson back in the day was pretty sweet as well!

they are all amateurish to say the least compared to Wayne Schwass's bump on Peter Dean at the night final.

right in front of us and we could see Schwass lining him up and he hung in the air before contact was made.

a nice (legal) bump.

Cheap hits can be impressive but the best hits are two gutsy players going hard at the ball. I've heard Rooca thud into a few packs, and I remember a slap that echoed across Victoria Park as Kelly and some big Richmond bloke flew. They slammed into each other hard as, and Kelly grabbed the mark as they both toppled to earth.

Libba would chuck himself in, he was a remoresless little rat and thug, but he was gutsy as well. He took a few monster hits for the side against the Pies-I remember him copping a knee in the head form big Sav (no malice of course, Sav wouldn't hurt a fly) trying to cut off the lead. That was a dismal sight, but we all clapped him off and he came back on from memory.

The same game (1994? I think) Pert copped a knee from another Collingwood defender (Watson?). Terrible hit, he got up and keeled over again, but you had to admire the courage and commitment from the boys, very brave and inspiring.

Voss is still probably the hardest going in of the current players, he flings his body like a missile at the ball and yo can hear the impact sometimes. He's up there with the fearless greats, Paul Kelly, Gavin Brown, those kind of blokes.

JUBJUB said:
Milburn v Silvangi is a favourite of mine.Harley on Ted Richards in last years final was a good legal hit .

Ted came off the bench and never saw Harley coming.

Oops,I forgot Bradshaw v Hart in last years finals.
Haha, Good one.

Ablett on gastev was a ripper.

Ablett on dipper in the 89 gf was another one

Yeates on Dermie (payback)

Pickett on Corey

Milburn Silvagni

S. Johnson on L. Power in Prelim 04

Lloyd and Cornes last year was massive hit

Mooney on B Johnson was a pearler (poor BJ, got hit hard but fair)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best hit you've seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back